Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    And here we go again with people not understanding the topic. How many times did I have to spell it out before you guys could make sense of it?

- - - Updated - - -

No, it wasn't. Come on, guys. ><

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's a case of, "There's no natural progression here when there used to be in the past."

I even gave examples in previous posts and I guess people ignored them. Like Sohr Khai dropping 215 and Final Steps requiring 205. Thus, natural progression. Or Steps of Faith requiring 90 when...basically everything dropped 90 along the way. Natural progression.

Tsukuyomi requires far and above what you'll get in the MSQ. Even if you break off and do the side dungeon before, you're still way behind. It's unnatural. You're basically forced into stopping and progressing in endgame, then coming back to do MSQ.

I really don't know why I have to keep explaining this only to be met with the usual MMO Community bullshit of, "lol u can't gear up noob lolol". Not everything has to be this stupid false competition or chest thumping, some things really are just a discussion.
    No it's a case of "I want it now". Don't try and claim it isn't.

This is why we had fights that were awful like Thordan Normal.

"Hey, I know you just explained a lot of stuff, but here's some words that I'd rather believe you said"

I mean, come the fuck on, man.
    Because it is.

The curve for getting into Tsukuyomi is fine. There are plenty of ways to gear up.

I'd rather not have fights like Thordan again which were just awful to appease a minority.

Thank you!

It's driving me nuts that people can't even seem to admit that it's a thing that happens. It'd be one thing if they said, "Ok, I see it, but I think it's ok that it's different."or "Maybe they wanted the boss to be more serious this time" or something. But people insisting it's not real, or that it was always this way, or that I'm just a noob who doesn't know how to gear...it's frustrating and depressing seeing people apparently so blinded by "I got mine" that they can't even discuss something.
    So basically you just want people agreeing with you? Because right now it's just 1 so well done on being in the minority with that one in an attempt to get your own echo chamber.

Good to know. You aren't even wanting a discussion now. You just want people siding with you.

What the fuck?

No, you don't have to AGREE. I even said that in the post that you just quoted!

Why won't you people just read? ><
    Because you literally just said that you don't get why people won't admit it.

Therefore you want people to agree with you.

I'm sorry that only 1 person agrees with you. But when you want to attempt to create your own echo chamber and literally pull the "I don't get why people don't agree with me" card it's hard to be on your side.

No, they don't have to AGREE. It'd just be nice if they admitted it even happens in the first place, or if they wouldn't just fall back on, "lol ura noob".

You don't have to agree that a progression in the MSQ is necessary. That's fine. If you think Tsuyu is fine, then that's ok. Just stop acting like this is how it's always been or that I'm somehow a dumb noob who can't play because I pointed it out and questioned it.
    So again you are wanting people to admit to something that is entirely subjective.

And you wonder why nobody is taking your side.

What's subjective? The thing I'm talking about is objective reality.

Whether or not you're ok with it, THAT's subjective, and THAT I said I'm fine with being disagreed with about.
    Well no it's not.

You are entitled to your opinion on the matter. But claiming nobody is admitting to a subjective one isn't going to get you much support.

It isn't objective.

It's a deliberate design decision.

I didn't say there wasn't! What the actual fuck, what is happening here?

The point is that there's no natural progression IN THE MSQ when there used to be.

Why is this not sinking in with people?
    Because you are basically presenting an "I want it now" attitude and expecting people to agree with you or admit to an entirely subjective opinion.

I just wonder if that kind of ilvl jump will be the new trend or if it was a one-off thing. The former would IMO signify a change in policy to try and encourage players to stick around and farm gear longer, where previously they didn't appear so concerned with it on the step-up through the MSQ.

Also, they're extending role action slots to 10. So yay, illusion of choice is dead, I guess? Could also be a harbinger of that Button Squish, too. Give you some more to whack and then NOPE! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It isn't objective.

It's a deliberate design decision.
    This.

It's to get you to farm. Simple as that. Heaven forbid a game makes you farm to get some easily obtainable stuff.

The point is that there's no natural progression IN THE MSQ when there used to be.
    It's really no different to needing to grind out experience to advance the levels needed to continue a job story-line. It's a minor inconvenience at best.

You don't have to agree with my opinion on the matter. How many times must I say that?
    And yet you are expecting people to admit to most of what was presented in your opinion.

So yes you do want people to agree with you.

For the past god knows how many pages I might add.

As an aside, I'm 99% certain that the developers outline the item level requirements for new duties during the second Live Letter for each patch. That gives some forewarning.

Possibly, yeah. There could be many reasons why they made the decision. It very well could be that they wanted to stop people from just doing the MSQ and leaving without seeing any of the endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to agree with any of my opinions on the matter, but it'd be nice if you addressed the matter. Instead people have either been denying it or just personally attacking me for some reason.
    Oh nobody is attacking you. Don't pull the victim card or this conversation is over. That's just a low attempt at paining a one sided picture. Grow up.

And the matter is a subjective one. You might think it is. Others here clearly don't think so.

You don't have to agree with any of my opinions on the matter, but it'd be nice if you addressed the matter. Instead people have either been denying it or just personally attacking me for some reason.
    You made various snide comments about the game across multiple pages and then a couple of people made some tongue-in-cheek comments at your expense. That is hardly a 'personal attack'. I don't expect this thread to be a hug box - but when the same few posters consistently post negative commentary about the game and regurgitate the same talking points that they've done in the past it does grow tiresome.

Possibly, yeah. There could be many reasons why they made the decision. It very well could be that they wanted to stop people from just doing the MSQ and leaving without seeing any of the endgame.
    IMO that's exactly why they stagger content, to try and keep people around two months consecutively. I'm not saying HURR EBIL CORP WANT MUH MONIEZ REEEE but I don't buy 'we just want more time to polish the content' or 'we don't want players to feel overwhelmed' as the main reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    IMO that's exactly why they stagger content, to try and keep people around two months consecutively. I'm not saying HURR EBIL CORP WANT MUH MONIEZ REEEE but I don't buy 'we just want more time to polish the content' as the main reason.
    Well considering how Eureka turned out that's true. I don't mind the .5 and .6 stuff but to be honest I don't see Eureka carrying over in 5.0 this time or the systems.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, this all started again because Graham started in on me again.

Tsuyu's item level requirement and the MSQ item level progression is objective reality. I don't know why you keep calling that "subjective". It's numbers that exist.

Your opinion on whether that choice from Square is ok, good, bad, reasonable, or whatever is subjective. You don't have to agree with my opinion on it.
    And again that's not a personal attack. Stop pulling the victim card.

At this point your going on about it just tells me the game isn't for you personally. That's just my opinion.

It's not even "snide comments", I brought up the issue with the item level requirements and that should have been that. I don't even know why it keeps turning into this fight about how I'm a noob or I don't know how to gear or it was always this way or whatever.

It was an observation about the change in design. lawow and Rog seem to be able to discuss it normally, I don't get why others are so defensive.
    Nobody is getting defensive. Just stop. Your opinion is being debated as it should be. Seriously pulling the victim card and making yourself look like the one in the right here is just low.

If anything you are getting defensive over people not admitting to your one sided opinion piece.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    IMO that's exactly why they stagger content, to try and keep people around two months consecutively. I'm not saying HURR EBIL CORP WANT MUH MONIEZ REEEE but I don't buy 'we just want more time to polish the content' as the main reason.
    I don't mind the staggered content release. I play other games - mostly single player RPG's - and they take up a lot of time themselves so it's nice not to feel forced to log in every single day.