Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Doesn't solve the fact that the community needs to be able to assess DPS damage.

If a boss wipes us due to enrage I want to know WHO slacked off instead of having to issue blanket statements at all DPS players.
    I don't like to yell at people that perform good.
    Oh i agree but SE will never solve this issue :/ They are too afraid to offend their playerbase

Homophobia is so gay.

Doesn't solve the fact that the community needs to be able to assess DPS damage.

If a boss wipes us due to enrage I want to know WHO slacked off instead of having to issue blanket statements at all DPS players.
    I don't like to yell at people that perform good.
    Honestly i find a detrimental player can easily be spotted if you know the class. Take RDM. I have yet to see a bad RDM use skills like the mini bloodlust or aggro dump, verraise to save healer mana and so on. None of it will show specifically on them for a straight dps meter but like Tolkein said "The party can only move as fast as its slowest member".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly i find a detrimental player can easily be spotted if you know the class. Take RDM. I have yet to see a bad RDM use skills like the mini bloodlust or aggro dump, verraise to save healer mana and so on. None of it will show specifically on them for a straight dps meter but like Tolkein said "The party can only move as fast as its slowest member".
    As I said: gross mistakes can be spotted that way.
    Problem is: During an intense bossfight, I do not have time to observe/baby 7 other players to check for the more intricate things.
    As such I need some way to record it, so I can assess it once the attempt is over.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    But the thing is, more often than not, I'd think they'd just use it as another excuse to kick people. I have no problem with a damage meter for personal use, but one you can throw out in people's faces will serve to drive a wedge further into the group dynamic and instead of help bring people together, drive them apart. People wouldn't care why you do poorly, they just want to cut the dead weight. I think this is the sentiment the devs have and it's why they keep official support for such tools out of the game and make their open use a bannable offense.

Of course, I have a pretty pessimistic view of people in situations like these, where there are no real consequences for their behavior, as is the case in all such virtual environments.

That said, I'm in full support of exercising your right to vote dismiss. If it works, it works. If not, oh well. I got vote-kicked out of POTD a while back by someone who 'didn't like my playstyle', apparently charging forward and doing stuff on my own that was taking all 3 of them to do back behind me was an affront for them. They were all in together, and I was the outlier. But so be it, I just requeued and ran on.

Finished Stormblood. Last trial, got in a group, wiped for 45 minutes until a healer's gear broke, vote abandoned. Next group, wiped once, got it the second try. Took about 2 hours total.

Sure but enough time getting kicked and then there like well crap, maybe I should go look up a guide on how to play and actually try. The problem that we have now is theres a wedge being driven into the community now. Anyone halfway competent is labled as elitist and everyone "casual" puts out minimal effort and expects the same rewards. If your doing less dps than a tank, there is zero excuse for that, none, not one.

My point is anyone who actually wants to improve and listens, I'm down for spending hours helping them improve, like I do now with FC mates and rando's who listen. My problem is when a tank pulls in halatali with Voke and you say hey shield toss is awesome, maybe try that, and they still pull with voke, then don't have it when they need it. My problem is when DPS don't use Aoe combos but Demand you pull more, making it super slow. My problem is that this games community mentality isn't nicer, Its just the good players are scared of "negative Harassment" penalties because people dont know how to play, and drag the community down. I will say though that these players are outliers. I generally get 1-2 bad groups a week, after doing as many dungeons/roulettes as I do, there are not a ton of them. But if they were held accountable, then the system would fix it. This is my opinion anyway.

As I said: gross mistakes can be spotted that way.
    Problem is: During an intense bossfight, I do not have time to observe/baby 7 other players to check for the more intricate things.
    As such I need some way to record it, so I can assess it once the attempt is over.
    Amen

Did EU servers die today or something? In a 1.1k queue for Omega.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well, they started advertising free transfers in-game, so a lot more people noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, they started advertising free transfers in-game, so a lot more people noticed it.

Dammit Square! Now I'm wondering how fast Shirogane is gonna sell out.

I intend to move house but our FC is trying to go for it. I did suggest to the leader they buy one in Goblet that way if it fills day 1 and we can't move then we have a house regardless. Of course their decision at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit Square! Now I'm wondering how fast Shirogane is gonna sell out.
    Haha, still pretty wild. Omega opened, what, a bit over week ago? And is already piling up over thousand queue.

Haha, still pretty wild. Omega opened, what, a bit over week ago? And is already piling up over thousand queue.
    Mist is actually all sold out. Lavender might be now. As for Goblet there was over 100 houses still open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how the other new server, Louisoix, is doing.

Anybody here who plays on that server?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtkreoss View Post
    But if they were held accountable, then the system would fix it. This is my opinion anyway.
    No, I don't think it would. People wouldn't want to take the time, by and large, to help someone improve. They'd just go 'kick two lowest DPS' and move on. Cos IME most people don't really want to work at a game, whether that's playing it well or dealing with the other players in a fashion that would make things better. They want it now and they want it easy.

Someone who wants to improve will improve, and someone who doesn't will not, no matter how many hoops you demand they jump or metrics they have to meet. People who get frustrated and bored will quit, on either side of the line, but there's a lot more on the casual side, I'm afraid.

There's no one solution that will ever fix the issue you're talking about. There are too many reasons why people underperform for a blanket answer to work, and I don't see any company caring enough about it to put forth the time and effort to try and truly address it. Because at the end of the day, they like easy and now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, apparently queue is already at 1.9k, from what I've seen on Reddit.

So, apparently queue is already at 1.9k, from what I've seen on Reddit.
    ...I know a few people who moved from Balmung to Omega because 'there won't be any queues.'

Oops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    ...I know a few people who moved from Balmung to Omega because 'there won't be any queues.'

Oops.
    I lost some FC members to Omega because of queues.. now Omega has even more queue than Odin, so eh..?

Deleted
    Does anyone know what's up with that 'Welcome back to Eorzea' promo? To be eligible, you had to be subbed prior to January and not log in to the game from Jan to June, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Through with the main story now.
    Good stuff, was fun. Expected more of a cliffhanger though, b/c I'm lost as to what they want to do in the patches now.

Deleted
    I lost some FC members to Omega because of queues.. now Omega has even more queue than Odin, so eh..?
    Never have any above 20-60.

Screenshot is probably related to the the incident where their servers went mad and broke.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Easiest" way to get MIPs, do Shinryuu with a completely utterly useless healer partner.
    That was painful...

Welp, did the last dungeon and unlocked the extremes to everything at 4.0 unlocked now.

But with the 40-70 minute ques as dps im honestly thinking of shelving the game for a bit or working on alt jobs till this usual mmo first month flood of dps dies.

Yeah, the queues are pretty painful at the moment. I did the MSQ's as a PLD but now I'm aiming to get SAM to 70 as I wish to make that into my main. So now it's just a matter of hoping that things even out again.

I don't mind tanking regular stuff like dungeons and trials but for high end content I'm much more comfortable playing as a DPS.

I'm going to focus on getting the new Triple Triad cards, I think!