Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You guys and all your stupid WoW comparisons... Yeah, RFC has a lot of moving around, WC has a lot of moving around, SM has a lot of moving round, and RFD all have a lot of moving around, RIGHT? NO!! These fights are all against bosses where you just stand there and dps, tank, or heal....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
    You guys and all your stupid WoW comparisons... Yeah, RFC has a lot of moving around, WC has a lot of moving around, SM has a lot of moving round, and RFD all have a lot of moving around, RIGHT? NO!! These fights are all against bosses where you just stand there and dps, tank, or heal....
    Silly to really compare to a 7 year old game but even so, this is a raid boss and those are dungeon bosses.

that looked hardcore

Deleted
    That looked super boring.

in before, EPICS ARE TO EASY TO OBTAIN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    aha. But as one said, why do they need them to be... on?
    Because people like running around with lightsabers? If I didn't know any better I'd say the people talking about this haven't played and are in fact WoW players finding another reason to criticize SWTOR, then again I will never know because if that was true, you would deny it anyways.

As for the people saying it is a boring fight....at least SWTOR has world bosses, and this is a LEVEL 30 BOSS, WoW barely takes the time to make world bosses at all anymore...what Cata had 4 or 5 for level 85?

SWTOR has more world bosses than all of the WoW expansions combined already.
    Last edited by Mynta; 2011-12-21 at 02:21 AM.
    Watch the weather change...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynta View Post
    As for the people saying it is a boring fight....at least SWTOR has world bosses, and this is a LEVEL 30 BOSS, WoW barely takes the time to make world bosses at all anymore...what Cata had 4 or 5 for level 85?
    There is actually a reason they stopped making world bosses. Kazzak and Doomwalker define that reason.

And id avoid phrasing things like this, otherwise the Quantity VS Quality arguments will burst out.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    last time i saw movie, siths didn't need to turn on their lightsabers to throw lightnings from their fingers 0_0

boring boss, just tank and spank =\
    and wow casters don't need **insert large pointy stabby weapon here** in order to cast fireballs, frostbolts etc but they do... they are just cosmetically cool stat sticks.

all the complaints about boring mechanics are fun for a lvl 30ish outdoor raid boss which is clearly meant to be puggable at that lvl range. not like ultraxion in dragon soul has mechanics that are any more complex than stand still in a pile and hit a button every 40ish seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    This boss look perfect for me, I will be able to play WoW at same time I DPS in SWTOR!!

Deleted
    Because people like running around with lightsabers? If I didn't know any better I'd say the people talking about this haven't played and are in fact WoW players finding another reason to criticize SWTOR, then again I will never know because if that was true, you would deny it anyways.

No i havnt played SWTOR and no im not criticizing the game im just asking about something i saw in the video that i think is weird. The reason for this is because i compare it to the casters in wow were their staffs and one handed are removed from there hands when they cast a spell. Now thank you for at least giving me some sort of an answer.

I wont even enter this conversation with you, to many threads already have turned into swtor vs wow head bash, im not going to be responsible for starting it here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    Autoattack!

It would seem, silly to say but, that hogger from the stockades got more abilities going for him then this sand guy.
    for one there is no such thing as auto attack in SWTOR, yes the boss is simple but its not even a proper boss its basically an elite thats more powerfull than the rest that needs a few extra people to kill it, SWTOR is just starting so mechanics need to start simple and in the nightmare mode or whatever its called then there can be complex mechanics, its not as if WOW has complex mechanics even in hc mode, once you learn a fight its just a matter of perfecting the technique and people not messing up.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    that looked incredibly boring for some reason

i think there were like 2 whole minutes where nobody moved an inch.
    To be fair, I can't think of many world bosses in most MMO's which require too many tactics or that much dynamic movement and reaction from people trying to get them down because normally they're there just to look big, mean and impressive. Big numbers fight, where the aim is just to get a bunch of people actively involved with doing stuff with each other, where people can then take it further later on down the line by doing them in much smaller groups or unorthodox set ups or even solo them. Here it's pre-end game, which is a nice touch and adds flavour to the game. Makes me want to get round to downloading it; reminds me of that abomination elite that marched through Duskwood back in the day.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

It looks boring in the sense that it take a bit too long to take it down, other than that being the kind of player who sees the leveling process as more of a learning process, I kinda approve that they didn't screw the learning curve with a boss on par with that of an end-game one, yet again being a group boss I'd have expected to see a bit more of a RP to...

In the end, even after all these years it is that darn EQ engine haunting us, and even SW: ToR sadly is a proof to that(Disclaimer to fanboys(girls): SW: ToR is a good Single player MMO, with its nice parts lying in the single-player portion with MMO portion being the imitation of its predecessors, hence still carrying the burden that has its roots in EQ)

Deleted
    Looked boring but the boss itself looked cool. I like the model

10+ Year Old Account

I do recall a group of people that wanted weapons involved in casting animations for wow. That's all it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    for one there is no such thing as auto attack in SWTOR
    We are talking about the raid boss so I ofcourse ment the boss in question that it was all it was doing (the auto attack) and jokingly said it that it was a "mechanic".

Why does the sand look so flat aswell? The texture have hardly any depth to it, or im not sure what it is but it seems weird, those waves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Why do casters have lightsabers? if you dont mind me asking.
    Casters still deflect blaster bolts. Casters still have melee abilities (eg. A sith inquisitor who specs sorceror still retains some basic melee attacks that become the focus of a sith inquisitor who specs assassin).

That's like asking... why does a mage still have a dagger... or a sword...

15+ Year Old Account
    aha. But as one said, why do they need them to be... on?
    its a level 30 world boss

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The world boss on Coruescant has several abilities... and while i co-tanked him during beta myself and the other tank died due to a debuff he got that would kill the next closest person if he didnt move away.

Also, 23 on Tattooine?! I wouldn't step foot their til at least 25 (speeder), and all the quests are geared for 25+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    There is actually a reason they stopped making world bosses. Kazzak and Doomwalker define that reason.
    They made poor excuses not to improve that type of content, Kazzak had a mechanic that could have been easily nerfed to not cause griefing, ganking during a fight is the price you pay when you are on a PvP server, and if they were concerned with high end guilds not allowing anyone else to get a shot at them they could have easily created a system where A) The boss didn't appear for you if you had recently been in a group that downed him B) made the rewards good but not as good as raiding, etc, etc.

Coming from a player who has fought all the WoW world bosses expect level 60 kazzak (which I heard was exceedingly frustrating due to his life drain on innocent players), and a level 45 on Beta in SWTOR, I have seen many world bosses in the game that have as many mechanics as Doomwalker, Kazzak, Emeriss, you name it.

Anyways what I am saying is that this world boss doesn't present SWTOR'S world bosses in a good light, and there are in fact many others which do. The amount of world bosses exceeds WoW and this is launch mind you, furthermore there are an equivalent amount of SWTOR world bosses which match the difficulty and uniqueness of WoWs memorable bosses, of which I'd say there are 4.
    Watch the weather change...

want to know the super secret hidden mechanic in this fight? It's in the middle of the dune sea. You'll spend a few minutes killing it, all while having to deal with the other faction coming in and ganking you. At least on a pvp server.