10+ Year Old Account
    55c is more than fine, for most cards there is no reason for worry before it goes above 85-90+

10+ Year Old Account
    The port is amazing, so happy my 760gtx can handle this easily & it looks fucking beautiful.

Bye bye next few weeks of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh how do you change the radio stations while in a car? The settings don't list it,unless I am just to stupid to see it :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkyy View Post
    The port is amazing, so happy my 760gtx can handle this easily & it looks fucking beautiful.

I will second the "Looking beautfil" thing, and I had to downgrade my resolution for some unknown reason.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Uh how do you change the radio stations while in a car? The settings don't list it,unless I am just to stupid to see it :P
    Hold Q and pick a station from the wheel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured it out, for some reason My mouse wheel got locked :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelath View Post
    Hold Q and pick a station from the wheel.
    Oh I just tabbed through it with my mouse wheel :O
    You're a towel.

Well I'm plagued with the issue of the launcher going into a never ending crash. It looks like I downloaded the first patch, but now it;s just crashing when I try to download the 2nd one. And none of the dozen supposed "fixes" have seemed to work.
    Last edited by noahjam326; 2015-04-14 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an attempt to figure out my fps issues I've decided to re-install the game to my SSD...which is only 120GB so I had to clean it quite a bit haha. Naturally I also have to re-download the entire thing...luckily I'm getting like 14mb/s this time. Hopefully the launcher runs smoothly by the time it's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Probably be a week or 2 before everythings ironed out
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkyy View Post

What kind of settings do you run with? I have the same card with a 3570K and I'm waiting for it download because I didn't trust Rockstar with the port rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Port is working just fine for me other than the odd as hell resolution downgrade randomly :P playing at slightly lower, still looks awesome.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very suprised at how well it runs on my system, used Geforce Experience optimization thingy and it set it at very high w/ 3gb out of 2gb vram so was expecting a slideshow and it worked flawlessly at a solid frame rate.

Looking at other peoples issues with performance I'm guessing I got lucky with a generic setup so didn't get hit by optimization problems.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Did some testing with it, in 1440p, the benchmark varies between 35fps lowest and 90fps highest, averaging between 40~55fps most consistently, with all settings maxed except for MSAA, which I had set to 4xMSAA as well as for reflections MSAA. All shadows, tessellation, distance, details, etc, were set to ultra/highest settings possible.

3200x1800 and 4K resolutions are playable, but the game seems to hard cap itself at 30fps; FRAPS wouldn't report anything higher than 30fps at those resolutions, but would jump up to 60fps whenever I opened the menus or the like. The benchmarks and FRAPS dropped to 18~25fps at times in 4K, but stayed almost constantly at the 30fps peak otherwise. Also, I had to knock down some settings to stay within the memory limits it displayed, turning off anti aliasing seemed to keep me permanently below the 4GB cap for my card. I'm not sure if staying under the cap is actually much of an issue though.

Tested using an Intel 3770K @4.6 Ghz and an overclocked Nvidia 980.

Most of the game looks pretty good, but the main thing I noticed is that the textures are quite poor in numerous places, then good in others.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2015-04-14 at 03:10 AM. Reason: minor corrections

10+ Year Old Account
    Man franklins special ability is orgasmic awesome.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    55c is more than fine, for most cards there is no reason for worry before it goes above 85-90+
    Mine peaked at about 79c at one point, but in normal gameplay was stable between 60-70c
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Wtf you guys should stop chatting and post some pictures! I wanna see the stuff you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I got 5 on it just came on my radio, and thats my jam, and this is goty in my book. The craziest thing? I'm drinking a 40 of st. ides right now O.o
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Anyone else don't have a 4k res option?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

GTA 5 Encounters Issue With Windows Usernames Featuring Special Characters

Figured i should share this
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...ial-characters

- - - Updated - - -

Rockstar has identified an issue with Grand Theft Auto V on PC where players with Windows usernames that feature characters other than regular letters or numerals “will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTA V.”

Said issues can include an error message saying “The Rockstar update service is unavailable (code 1)”, or the game freezing while trying to download the update.

Rockstar is currently working on a fix for the issue but, if you’d prefer not to wait, the publisher explains that you’ll need to create a new Administrator User Account for your PC “that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic Roman alphabet.”

Rockstar warns that simply renaming your current username will not fix the problem. After creating and/or logging in with your special character-free username it also recommends a restart before starting or continuing with the installation process.

Rockstar notes it will update the support article pertaining to the problem with new information when it’s available, “including expected timing of a fix and whether you will be able to transfer progress on the newly-created Windows username over to your original Windows user account.”

- - - Updated - - -

Common errors and how to fix them
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/com.../1100-6426605/
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone getting instant crashing? I can play for 5minutes them just cuts out.

Video I made of GTA5 maxed out while it was raining, yeah it looks really good.
    Youtube reduced the quality a little.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2015-04-14 at 04:54 AM.