Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    WoW seems to be full of kids because it just has a much larger playerbase. Perhaps the ratio of immature people to more mature people between WoW and Rift is the same, but obviously it would seem that Rift has a greater mature playerbase becuase of said ration.

I admit that during the short time I played Rift I found I was speaking to more adults than children, not really a bad thing since many children can be perfectly mature and likewise adults can be very immature but it was something I took note of.

Quote Originally Posted by narwaana View Post
    I quit wow about 6 months ago, after a year of insults and a massive immigration of kids to my server i simply had enough, wow is sadly no longer a game for adults, unless you are in a great guild.
    Ive grown to miss the mmorpg enviroment tho, and found a realy cheap copy of rift with 40 days gametime in a lokal store for about 5$.
    So i figured why not give it a try. The first thing i fell in love with was the way you build your soul-tree, and a couple of lvls later i was blown away by the invasion of jakob and the death plane in freemarch. Simply awsome how people spontaneously team up to beat back the npc's.

Now at lvl 25 (only played for 4 days mind you ) ive had alot of interaction whit other players, been reading the town chat, and been asking alot of public questions. Ive not had even one rude answer, ive seen no trolling in the public chat's and people are giving each other constructive criticism.
    Rift feels like how world of warcraft's community were 4 years ago.

Im amazed with the great community, and cant help but wonder, is this an isolated thing for my server, or is rift in general very mature?

sorry for my bad grammar, not a native english-speaker.

//Narw
    I noticed that to. Rift have a pretty mature community. I met a lot of friendly people there.

I played for a trial week from a friend invite, and I saw no difference in the Rift community vs WoW's. If anything I found Rift to be a lot more elitist.

I was in a lower leve zone, around level 15, and some of the mechanics of the class were escaping me so I figured I would ask in the public chat....huge mistake.
    For 15 minutes I was bombarded with insults and being told to "Get my f*g ass back to WoW"
    I didn't actually say I had played WoW, but it was an assumption I must have if I was playing Rift.

I've play WoW for 7 years, and EQ for 5 year previous to that, this was the first time I've been directly insulted like this.

So I'd say there is not really any difference in the communities, but in our perceptions of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurkon View Post

I've play WoW for 7 years, and EQ for 5 year previous to that, this was the first time I've been directly insulted like this.

So I'd say there is not really any difference in the communities, but in our perceptions of them.
    screenshots? I refuse to belive this just from my experience. Although 1-20 range is the f2p people soooooo

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    screenshots? I refuse to belive this just from my experience. Although 1-20 range is the f2p people soooooo
    ^^

Once you get into the higher level parts and out of F2P level-range, you get the attention of more serious players, who I find to be, a shit ton more helpful and will gladly offer their help.

I'm sorry your experience was so unsavory, Kurkon, however I can assure you, with Rift having opened itself up more to F2P people and what-not, the low level chats have certainly taken a turn for the worse.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I 100% believe if from my experience. And on release, not when 1-20 was free to play either. I remember seeing someone ask what class was like a paladin (they didnt even say wow paladin) and got met with "F**k off back to wow, noob" and similar by several people. Mentioning wow in any way was usually met with similar.

And no, the community isnt any more mature than other games, just look at the stuff going on around ID from both sides. Some of the stuff coming out from people there is frankly embarrassing and makes people look like freaking children, including some of the people on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ethys-too-hard

I think that is better than a screenshot.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ethys-too-hard

I think that is better than a screenshot.
    I wouldn't judge the entire community based on the foolishness of a handful.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I wouldn't judge the entire community based on the foolishness of a handful.
    Not just the people in that thread but what the whole thread is about. This clearly isn't just a minor issue only involving this thread here at MMO-C.

Still It seems ok for people to do it when comparing to WoW. WoW has a much bigger population. There for a lot more jerks. Rift has a smaller Population.......

I'm sure if you could break it down to %'s you would have it pretty equal for all games.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small Community = Less Trolls, I would say every MMO community has alot of Mature pple. but the bigger the game is the more trolls & kids there are.

most of it seems mature, or at least the ones i haven't ignored yet, lol..

I would have to most definitely say that the average age of Rift players is considerably higher than that of some other MMOs.
    I think I've met maybe 5 players under 20 in over a year of playing. As to whether the adults are more mature that's a pretty impossible call to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I would have to most definitely say that the average age of Rift players is considerably higher than that of some other MMOs.
    That's about the only statement from my experiences that I find accurate. As far as better behaved gamers I'd say that's subjective. If you're max level or above level 29 remove yourself from the 1-29 level chat and your golden It probably has the largest concentration of asshats due to the free lvl 1-20 trial.