Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Server Population Questions

So, I decided to reroll because my server's largely dead. The ques are horrific. Is there a middle ground between the hour and a half to get into The Fatman? Other high pop servers that aren't THAT highly populated? Open to suggestions.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Jedi Covenant is pretty well populated (at least Republic side I can't really speak for the Empire side) and I haven't seen queues on it since launch.

How would you say the PvP ques are there?
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Canderous Ordo is fairly well populated as well, as far as queue times go I'm not really sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    These are a bit out of date but they might give you some possibilities.

Some numerical population data for SWTOR servers
    Numerical SWTOR population data for US PVP/RP-PVP servers
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Harbinger is fairly high pop. or was. within the last 3 days it's taken a bit of a dive.
    Used to be lunch-ish time there were 75-125 in fleet. Now it's 50-60.
    Evening, say 7pm-11pm PST, there were over 200-250. Now it's back down to 125-150.

Personally I've never experienced a queue to login. PvP queues have gone back to 5-10 minutes now, tho. (double that at lunch)

I dunno what's happened. People bored and done with 1.2 content, GW2 beta, or Tera release or (fill in the blank). Kinda bummed, was having fun in PvP, making progress toward War Hero over lunch with almost instant PvP queues. Now it's back to a slow grind with the wait between matches.

This is my 3rd reroll. From Soresu to Wall of Light to The Harbinger. I ain't rerolling again. Population plummets again and I'm just saying adios, was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    I don't think I have PvP'd at all since 1.2 came out so I can't really say how they are right now.

The Harbinger was one of the original "Oceanic" servers wasn't it? I would bet population has gone down because the oceanic players have transferred off.

My own advice would be to log in on the faction you intend to roll around the time that you usually play the game, roll a level 1 toon, and do a /who on "Imperial Fleet" or "Republic Fleet", check "Denova" "Karagga's Palace" "Eternity Vault", and check the various WZs (Voidstar, The Pit, etc.). That should give you an idea of the active players you have. I'd say anything above 200 on fleet is a safe bet. My own server is slightly lower at around 170, but I like it well enough. I don't have trouble looking for groups.

Harbinger is still 2nd or 3rd for population in the US. Its where I rerolled and pvp queue times are fast and its easy to find groups for things. http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats might help you if you go into options you can see traffic for certain times and see if its busy when you play.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Try Canderous Ordo if you want a PvE server, it's pretty high pop on both sides.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came back to the game 5 days ago, have yet to have a queue time on the fatman...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Jedi Covenant is pretty well populated (at least Republic side I can't really speak for the Empire side) and I haven't seen queues on it since launch.

Empire side is very active. Also from my experiences so far leveling we just faceroll republic in WZs. Most matches arent even close. Doesnt even matter if we have a bunch of greys and their team is all 35+ we still win. So many bad players on Republic side its crazy. Everyone backpedals had some herp derp in Huttball backpedal right into the fire trap it was hilarious and it happens alot. When Im on my assassin I just start attacking and they just keep backing up into the fire or acid pit. Also judging buy how slow most of them are to react and move when focused and use abilities they are also probably clicking and keyboard turning. That might change at 50 but right now the only times I lose are to another Imp team.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-05-04 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    The Harbinger was one of the original "Oceanic" servers wasn't it? I would bet population has gone down because the oceanic players have transferred off.
    Yeah. That could be a part of it, too, all the Aussies leaving. Don't think I saw Fleet go over 115 this evening =/ PvP was horrid. Think I managed 350 normal comms in 3 hours, queues are just too slow. Haven't seen anyone on my friends list in days either.

I have a couple months left on my subscription but at this rate I think I'm gonna start looking for a different game. Might be fun to check this game out in another 12-18 mos, but I can't see continuing to support it. Kinda bummed, PvP'd too much, never did get to try an op or even an HM FP. Ah well, I'll keep trying off and on the next couple weeks. Good luck on your re-roll choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    Yeah. That could be a part of it, too, all the Aussies leaving. Don't think I saw Fleet go over 115 this evening =/ PvP was horrid. Think I managed 350 normal comms in 3 hours, queues are just too slow. Haven't seen anyone on my friends list in days either.

I have a couple months left on my subscription but at this rate I think I'm gonna start looking for a different game. Might be fun to check this game out in another 12-18 mos, but I can't see continuing to support it. Kinda bummed, PvP'd too much, never did get to try an op or even an HM FP. Ah well, I'll keep trying off and on the next couple weeks. Good luck on your re-roll choice.
    I was on last night and it was over 200 for some of the night. Pvp has been slow because ppl keep getting kicked to a loading screen, which has been happening since Tuesday but seemed to be really bad Wed and Thursday night. Ppl are pugging hm fps and ops in /general all the time haven't done one then go with one of those groups and change that.

Watched it Friday the 4th and from what I saw fleet on the imp side peeked aroudn 190 which isn't all that high for Harbinger but would be record breaking on most servers.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2012-05-05 at 09:25 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Is The Fatman really that populated? And man, they need to put server transfers in already....

Quote Originally Posted by torubu View Post
    Is The Fatman really that populated? And man, they need to put server transfers in already....
    I would avoid Fatman. I would compare it to Mal'Ganis and Illidan in WoW from the horrible levels I spent there before going to a new server. Everyone is a wanna be elitist and fleet is full of trolls. Bigger is most certainly not always better and this is the perfect example. But maybe things have changed in the 2 weeks since I left.

Checkout torstatus.net. Shows server trends, stats, graphs population levels etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Swiftsure is a high-ish pop server is pretty good for quick queues. The general chat trolls and pointless arguing is almost nil. I recommend this server.

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    The Swiftsure is a high-ish pop server is pretty good for quick queues. The general chat trolls and pointless arguing is almost nil. I recommend this server.
    I was thinking of re-rolling there - it's the highest pop PVP server next to Fatman, and of standard pop when I look at it.
    But I can't bring myself to leave my Legacy behind. And all of my alts of various levels.... Seriously, WTB server transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    These are a bit out of date but they might give you some possibilities.

Some numerical population data for SWTOR servers
    Numerical SWTOR population data for US PVP/RP-PVP servers
    That data is now near useless. With the exodus of the Aussies and Kiwis off of The Swiftsure and Canderous Ordo, the numbers will be vastly different.