Have rewards for "gray morality" been added yet?

I read bioware was planning on adding stuff for people who liked to choose more middle of the road in dialogue conversations and not go to one extreme or the other. Has this been implemented yet?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No as of yet. Honestly, I haven't heard much talk about it since they discussed adding them in. I think that was at the guild summit.

Yea, I haven't seen them mention anything about that in ages.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would add it, but the reality is that LS/DS alignment really isn't important in the grand scheme of things. Color crystals are no longer LS/DS alignment dependent and the rewards for such alignment doesn't play a major role even in the leveling process despite the rewards for such alignments.

15+ Year Old Account
    They were going to be in 1.3 if I recall. But some piece of "key technology" wasn't finished or working correctly so it was removed. Maybe we'll see them in 1.4

With the exception of some of the leveling relics...I'm not sure Ive seen anything that was LS or DS required anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    With the exception of some of the leveling relics...I'm not sure Ive seen anything that was LS or DS required anymore.
    Some of the things you can buy with commendations while leveling (mostly weapons iirc) have ds/ls requirements, though they always have the parallel one available so it is only actually an issue if you aren't going full/mostly full one or the other.[COLOR="red"]

Do they still?
    I thought they pulled them somewhere along the line.

I'll check tonight.

Do they still?
    I thought they pulled them somewhere along the line.

I'll check tonight.
    There are still there. I noticed them yesterday on the Taris equipment guy (imp side).

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 04:48 PM ----------

Some of the things you can by with commendations while leveling (mostly weapons iirc) have ds/ls requirements, though they always have the parallel one available so it is only actually an issue if you aren't going full/mostly full one or the other.

really since the addition of lower level orange weapons i dont think anyone even cares about 'gray' rewards because they dont really matter. you can just buy the mods for your orange lightsaber, which is what most of the players i know do on their alts regardless of light/dark alignment.

Why did it repost my post after I said something else o.O Wacky forums....

No it kinda bugs me too. I don't like being forced to play a character to one extreme side or the other to get rewards.

Being total darkside/lightside shouldn't always be the goal when playing. They seem to understand how moraility can change from companion to companion, not all companions are so extreme with darkside/lightside when it comes to affection but apparently the only thing that defines our characters morality is either be a jesus baby kisser or a rediculous, consumed by purposeless hate, monster.

It didn't make sense to play my smuggler pure darkside or lightside so my character eneded up being very neutral and at least suffered slightly for it. It took me awhile to get ANY relics and I don't get any unique pets or other bonus stuff because I played my smuggler how I wanted.

would be nice if they did add it in

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the point of being a 'Gray Sith' or a 'Gray Jedi' would be other than RP reasons. Right now, Sith have their appearance change the more they walk on the Dark side, while their appearance remains untarnished when they decide to go Light. The same with the Republic.

I'm not sure where the Gray would come in, considering your appearance will still remain unchanged. If RPers truly want it, then sure, add it I suppose. Just from my own personal perspective I see it as a waste of development time. Since Bioware has already spent time on it, they might as well finish it I guess.

Deleted
    I'm guessing this is something that has slipped way down the list, along with things like the up and down hoods thing, the only draw back i found with the aligment was i was unable to get a decent relic while levelling, unless i was one extreme or the other, but come end game it didnt really matter at max level as nothing is now aligment locked bar the speeders.

I do hope that on their list some where is a "pass" over the alignment system, retolling the system , adding more awards and graphical distinguishes between, light/dark/grey aligned people, then just the sith corruption. maybe armour can change subtley on the different alignments as you wear it,whethers you get a darker or lighter tone, or different effects, or maybe they just have slightly different designs for the teirs of PVE gear with a set for each aligment.

But that a nice to have that i want to be addressed down the line after more and better content.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    I'm guessing this is something that has slipped way down the list, along with things like the up and down hoods thing, the only draw back i found with the aligment was i was unable to get a decent relic while levelling, unless i was one extreme or the other, but come end game it didnt really matter at max level as nothing is now aligment locked bar the speeders.

I do hope that on their list some where is a "pass" over the alignment system, retolling the system , adding more awards and graphical distinguishes between, light/dark/grey aligned people, then just the sith corruption. maybe armour can change subtley on the different alignments as you wear it,whethers you get a darker or lighter tone, or different effects, or maybe they just have slightly different designs for the teirs of PVE gear with a set for each aligment.

But that a nice to have that i want to be addressed down the line after more and better content.
    That is an interesting idea, but instead of different sets, just have 3 designs for each set, and which design shows depends on your alignment. Nuetral Alignment would be dull and drab colors, maybe remove some fluff from the equipment to make it look plain and ordinary. Dark side would get darker colors and reds added in, and light side lighter colors and blues with maybe a soft white aura or something. Actually a really cool idea to tie it into the armor itself, and have the armor change depending on alignment rather than just have alignment requirements on gear.

I think the best answer would be for them to do a high level cosmetic set of each armor type (dark side 4 or 5, light side 4 or 5 and gray (under dark 1 or light 1) that let you show what you want. It's the best thing about the modular armor systems, so they should highlight it more.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 11:48 AM ----------

They should also explain the Green Jedi of Correlia. When I asked why they were called green jedi, the answer was "they wear green" which is stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    No it kinda bugs me too. I don't like being forced to play a character to one extreme side or the other to get rewards.

Being total darkside/lightside shouldn't always be the goal when playing. They seem to understand how moraility can change from companion to companion, not all companions are so extreme with darkside/lightside when it comes to affection but apparently the only thing that defines our characters morality is either be a jesus baby kisser or a rediculous, consumed by purposeless hate, monster.

It didn't make sense to play my smuggler pure darkside or lightside so my character eneded up being very neutral and at least suffered slightly for it. It took me awhile to get ANY relics and I don't get any unique pets or other bonus stuff because I played my smuggler how I wanted.
    You really aren't forced at all, because you really don't get rewarded for being full LS or full DS either.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah they haven't added it and also haven't said anything about it in forever. last i heard about it was someone on the swtor forums asking for some updates on it or just some sort of mention of it being "on the way" (well that and the gay companions but im not going into that here) the general response was appalling.

there was almost noone posting constructively, the main premise of what people were saying to the op is that he was "stfu you entitled whiner, you don't have the right to demand anything from anybody, they said it was coming a while ago no sit down and shut up, go ahead and quit noone cares, someone ban this troll, etc." he was just asking a legitimate question and was being very nice about it.

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm not sure what the point of being a 'Gray Sith' or a 'Gray Jedi' would be other than RP reasons. Right now, Sith have their appearance change the more they walk on the Dark side, while their appearance remains untarnished when they decide to go Light. The same with the Republic.

I'm not sure where the Gray would come in, considering your appearance will still remain unchanged. If RPers truly want it, then sure, add it I suppose. Just from my own personal perspective I see it as a waste of development time. Since Bioware has already spent time on it, they might as well finish it I guess.
    you see, this is something that bugs me, there is no physical changes between being neutral and full light side. i just feel that they should do something like in fable where the more light side you are the "more pure" you look, something that sets you apart from the ones who are neutral. idk how they would do it but it's just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    you see, this is something that bugs me, there is no physical changes between being neutral and full light side. i just feel that they should do something like in fable where the more light side you are the "more pure" you look, something that sets you apart from the ones who are neutral. idk how they would do it but it's just my 2 cents.
    Bioware does not want to stray too far from the movies. All the Jedi's did not have appearance changes unless they fell to the Dark or were already on the Dark side... thus making them sith.