Poll: What races do you want to play as?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't get your hopes up for playable Wookiees.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Don't get your hopes up for playable Wookiees.
    Or Jawas... or most definitely ewoks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Or Jawas... or most definitely ewoks.
    We need a "short" race in TOR.

Besides, Jawas would be just as easy as wookies for dialog.
    1. Utini.
    2. Utini!
    3. Zap The Droid

Occasionally adding a fourth option...
    4. Get blasted by Stormtroopers.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    We need a "short" race in TOR.
    We do, but I think that's exactly one of the reasons we won't see them, at least until Bioware overhauls its cutscene mechanic. They don't fit in one of the 4 predefined body types, which are key to the cinematic system in the game. Same goes with the big races like Wookiee.

It's sad, but... in their effort to tell an awesome animated character story, they programmed themselves into a corner.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

There is that, but also they have stated before that all future races have to speak basic... so unless something big has changed it isn't going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    There is that, but also they have stated before that all future races have to speak basic... so unless something big has changed it isn't going to happen.
    True, they also needed to be "kissable" if I am paraphrasing Daniel correctly. I have no desire to kiss anything as hairy as my mother-in-law. However, the conversion to freemium does open all sorts of possibilities. So what was set in stone once, may not be anymore.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Think I'd like to see Kaleesh the most, but of the races that actually seem like they have a viable chance of being added, Voss wouldn't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    True, they also needed to be "kissable" if I am paraphrasing Daniel correctly. I have no desire to kiss anything as hairy as my mother-in-law. However, the conversion to freemium does open all sorts of possibilities. So what was set in stone once, may not be anymore.
    Yeah, they want all playable races to be able to have a romance storyline, which limits their options to "near human". This rules out Wookies and Jawas, among others.

You can already have romance in game with Togruta, so they're fine...Nautolan is probably possible(if Twi'lek and Togruta are, I imagine they are too), Voss almost certainly would be...

Deleted
    My dream, a Jawa Juggernaut! Imagine how that would force choke a body type 4 character!

Cathar for sure! They're so cute and cuddly as I'm calling down an Orbital Bombardment on their camps.