Sure I would love to be notified. I presume one of you will just message me via the forums? Because that would be awesome.

Will do Razamith, thank you for the suggestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Sure I would love to be notified. I presume one of you will just message me via the forums? Because that would be awesome.

Will do Razamith, thank you for the suggestion.
    Yup. I'll PM you when the sign-up thread goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I meant more like blizzard conditions.

Also yeah, it's a panic thing. I spun out because I hit something that made my car shake a little and I pressed on my brakes more than I should have because I panicked. Had I just kept going, I would've been fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you underestimate just how much snow we get in the mountains and canyons.
    Right... it's over correcting that makes things worse. Smooth accelerations (faster, slower, and turning) are the key. You have to keep your head even when you break free for just a second. Otherwise you make it much worse... very quickly.

And nah my father's from Denver... I can imagine about how much you guys get. Though I did assume it tends to be "dry" snow which other than white-out conditions tends to be much easier to drive on. Even then it's the wind that gets you.

If it's a "wet" snow, I stand corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you mean "wet" snow are you referring to snow that quickly turns to ice and slush?

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Why not? I can handle my car and myself just fine on a highway in much more snow then they get in Utah (Lake effect ftw!!).

The danger with driving "fast" has more to do with the people around me not having any clue what they are doing. Snow doesn't stop traffic in Michigan....

I would point out that someone not driving fast enough is actually more dangerous in snowy conditions because it makes it harder to tell if whether or not they are moving at all.......

(Note: This ignores Blizzard or White-out conditions...anyone driving "fast" in that shit is looking to kill themselves and others)
    It's not just that. If you are driving fast in bad weather you are at the mercy of anything you wouldn't expect happening. As long as nothing randomly happens your fine, but as soon as something happens which requires a fast reflexes (and the list of these possibilities only goes up the faster you go) your fucked. You are basically playing the odds on nothing random happening.

When you mean "wet" snow are you referring to snow that quickly turns to ice and slush?
    Yes. Dry snow tends to drift. Wet now is nothing but slush and ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It's not just that. If you are driving fast in bad weather you are at the mercy of anything you wouldn't expect happening. As long as nothing randomly happens your fine, but as soon as something happens which requires a fast reflexes (and the list of these possibilities only goes up the faster you go) your fucked. You are basically playing the odds on nothing random happening.
    Right but suddenly going 30 mph when others are still going 60-70 is going to greatly increase those unexpected things coming from other people.

I'm not advocating for speeding here, but a bit of snow fall shouldn't suddenly cause people to drive completely differently. Yes you need to think about things like ice and such, but how often does some one's car just suddenly do something they aren't expecting? And those "fast reflexes" in the conditions we are talking about tend to cause people to overreact and make the situation worse...

(Please note that other people doing stupid things can't be completely accounted for... but in these conditions slamming on your brakes is the worst thing to do in any possible situation.)

Now Deca meant blizzard and white-out conditions, so it's kind of a moot point anyway...since if you can't see what your doing you wouldn't be going 60-70 on the highway anyway XD

10+ Year Old Account
    You should see Australia when it rains heavily. The road rules go out the window as well as the person sitting in the passenger seat. Shit goes crazy.

No problem. We're always happy to have new victims players.

The game is actually pretty simple so you don't really need to know that much about the game. Just keep your eyes peeled for the sign-up thread that'll pop-up after a game ends.

If you'd like, you can have one of us notify you of when a new sign-up thread is available.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant more like blizzard conditions.

Also yeah, it's a panic thing. I spun out because I hit something that made my car shake a little and I pressed on my brakes more than I should have because I panicked. Had I just kept going, I would've been fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you underestimate just how much snow we get in the mountains and canyons.
    But that's totally something that should be handled in driver's education. Heck, keep the age at 16 or raise it to 18. But make the driver's ed extensive and include a wet track with instructors in it. I imagine that would save a lot of lives.

Going 70 mph in the effin snow. Jesus. Thats 110 km/h. People here go down to 50-60 km/h on a highway.

I can't imagine driving that fast in the snow. That's insane. We generally slow down to 80 (50?) when it rains heavily /hail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? I can handle my car and myself just fine on a highway in much more snow then they get in Utah (Lake effect ftw!!).

The danger with driving "fast" has more to do with the people around me not having any clue what they are doing. Snow doesn't stop traffic in Michigan....

I would point out that someone not driving fast enough is actually more dangerous in snowy conditions because it makes it harder to tell if whether or not they are moving at all.......

(Note: This ignores Blizzard or White-out conditions...anyone driving "fast" in that shit is looking to kill themselves and others)

It really depends on where you live in the US. I learned to drive in Michigan which generally gets it's first snow fall in late October and then you don't see the ground again until April, but I now live in Kentucky. Here one snow flake is enough to cause a multi-car pile up because it causes Kentucky drivers to panic.

It's that panic that is actually dangerous.
    I'm from kentucky too yo!

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, snow? I don't like driving in it.

So who actually is running the Christmas game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Danner i think

I will run it unless someone else has a better idea
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Well, I could run it, I have something in mind. Would be my first game modding though, so no promises. But I think I've been around long enough, so I should have a pretty good idea of how to do it

- - - Updated - - -

But if you wan't someone with some modded games under their belt for our Christmas game, I would understand but I'm definitely up for giving it a go.

Right but suddenly going 30 mph when others are still going 60-70 is going to greatly increase those unexpected things coming from other people.

I'm not advocating for speeding here, but a bit of snow fall shouldn't suddenly cause people to drive completely differently. Yes you need to think about things like ice and such, but how often does some one's car just suddenly do something they aren't expecting? And those "fast reflexes" in the conditions we are talking about tend to cause people to overreact and make the situation worse...

(Please note that other people doing stupid things can't be completely accounted for... but in these conditions slamming on your brakes is the worst thing to do in any possible situation.)

Now Deca meant blizzard and white-out conditions, so it's kind of a moot point anyway...since if you can't see what your doing you wouldn't be going 60-70 on the highway anyway XD
    I was actually advocating keeping a steady speed and not slamming on your breaks randomly... like you would have to do if something crazy happened right in front of you. Driving fast in the snow is just dumb... everyone else being dumb too doesn't make it less dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Going 70 mph in the effin snow. Jesus. Thats 110 km/h. People here go down to 50-60 km/h on a highway.
    Yerp. What's funny is around here people are generally pretty good in the snow, it's rain that freaks them out lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just take a co-mod that does have experience with you and you'll be fine. I'd be good with that.

Something.

Just take a co-mod that does have experience with you and you'll be fine. I'd be good with that.
    Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    Well, I could run it, I have something in mind. Would be my first game modding though, so no promises. But I think I've been around long enough, so I should have a pretty good idea of how to do it

- - - Updated - - -

But if you wan't someone with some modded games under their belt for our Christmas game, I would understand but I'm definitely up for giving it a go.
    It's not that difficult. You might make a mistake like revealing the mafia godfather *cough* but it's okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    It's not that difficult. You might make a mistake like revealing the mafia godfather *cough* but it's okay!
    we'll see. Writing rolecards as we speak. There is no godfather yet, JOKES ON YOU.

10+ Year Old Account
    spoiled myself and bought an xbox one elite with halo 5 the other day if anyone wants to game on with that shenanigans.

- - - Updated - - -

also presign me up for whatever game is next. did not expect an intermission game to pop up so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.