Quote Originally Posted by ArkisVir View Post
    I think what most people are mad about, is they put up money for a specific game, and that game has gotten so bloated over time that it will never reach completion. And instead of even getting the base game you wanted, you get a buggy piece of nothing.

I agree the graphics they have are actually pretty good, but the fact that you need your own server rack to actually run the game is another problem.
    Your first point: That is the nature of crowdfunded games. Developers put on more features the more money they get. I'm not saying whether it's right or not, it's just th nature of the beast.

As to your second point: What are absolutely outrageous requirements today will be fully reasonable by the time the game actually releases.

You don't know that though. A lot more goes into making it scale with hardware than just the assets. If there are large un-optimized pieces of code, which I'm positive there are, and those do not get addressed, then it will not run well on anyones machine ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friendly reminder: It is against the rules to call another user a troll. Simply report the posts and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is/was being made from the get-go to push the boundaries of PC gaming, that was part of its pitch. As for minimum system requirements, I would be mildly surprised if they didn't change just a little bit because as the game gets further into development, they'll be able to optimize the code better, but as it stands, I can run this game on my 3 and a half year old system (albeit on minimum due to my RAM).

As for why people are mad, I'm betting its because certain people like to come here in here with their over-the-top hyperbole and misinformation to stir up trouble. I myself haven't put much at all into this game, so i won't even shed a tear if this game flops, but of course I'll be disappointed.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    he is not a trolls

exactly spot on

94 millions , 4 years (CR said it started development long before kickstarter) and almost nothing to show. and what it is to see is some 1998 quality graphics with super bugged gameplay

but the jpegs look cool though

Seriously mods? How is this not trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Friendly reminder: It is against the rules to call another user a troll. Simply report the posts and move on.

Reported and nothing happened..... So whats the point.....

Here is a thought, maybe if you guys did something about the shit posting in threads. People wouldn't feel the need to call it out.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2015-11-19 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Here is a thought, maybe if you guys did something about the shit posting in threads. People wouldn't feel the need to call it out.
    If we gave infractions every time somebody called a game shit, everyone would be banned. PM a super if you feel like posts are being mishandled by mods. Please don't derail the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

This so much. Of the countless (and we mean it; countless) times we've reported, there has been almost none - if any ever - mod action taken on this thread. If there had been, the toxicity would be nowhere near as high as it in here now (and has been for the past three years this thread has been running).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be a problem if you actually handed out infractions to repeat offenders or anyone derailing the thread. Maybe actually deal with the reported posters instead of criticising us for calling a spade a spade.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we gave infractions every time somebody called a game shit, everyone would be banned. PM a super if you feel like posts are being mishandled by mods. Please don't derail the thread.

I'm not talking about saying a game is shit.

Come on... Graphics from 1996. Thats Snes/N64/PS1 era. Thats not an opinion that is straight up trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Maybe actually deal with the reported posters instead of criticising us for calling a spade a spade.
    It's not criticism - it's against the rules. As is discussing moderator actions.

Please take it up with an admin/global if you have concerns. Do not use this thread as a catalyst to discuss moderator actions. Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, from what reddit is saying about the recent live stream (didn't watch), 2.0 is launching onto the PTU today for a limited number of backers who have filed a lot of bug reports, shouldn't be long now until the rest of us gets access.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...oming_tonight/

There's also an interview with PC gamer with Mark Hamill about star citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQQPzHerrPE
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-11-19 at 11:10 PM.

Here's a quick list of features in 2.0 coming tonight to the PTU I copied from Reddit. There is no NDA, so I expect it to be on Twitch soon as it drops for those lucky 1000 citizens...

Crusader location: 3 Moons, 3 stations, Asteroid belts

8 dog fight missions

8 research missions

1 exploration mission

20+ random encounters

1 on-going asteroid belt battle

1 wreckage to scavenge asteroid belt

1 PVP Station

Limited to 12-16 ships at once (More players though)

Security Post is PVP/FPS (start with pistol) pick up weapons and fight there

Flyable Retaliators, Constellations, Avenger Variants, (hanger ready Vanguard)

Freelancer coming soon™

New flight dynamics and modes

EVA is back (ctrl+f)

Weapons can be recharged

Ship repair

Mobi-glass implementation

Nice little Squadron 42 teaser released today too...

10+ Year Old Account
    there was an interesting bug when they put out the invites where they gave everyone access accidentally for a few minutes, and if you started downloading it and didnt switch from the PTU tab on the launcher, you could get in. One of the people I talk with is in right now because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    forgot Mark hamill was in the Wing Commander game. he likes working with Roberts so i do have hopes that squad 42 will be something fun to play =D
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

dude, the fps level is looking like Quake 3 at best

in fact the game was looking 5x better 1 year ago

since they scrapped Illfonic work it looks like shite

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2015-11-20 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    This game is too big, and i love it. Too bad game development is a long process eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    This game is too big, and i love it. Too bad game development is a long process eh?
    for full release yes still has until at the min. end of 2016 but the start of the Universe testing is starting here soon and anyone that buys the game gets instant access when its open to everyone not the 1000 invited right now
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    for full release yes still has until at the min. end of 2016 but the start of the Universe testing is starting here soon and anyone that buys the game gets instant access when its open to everyone not the 1000 invited right now
    End of 2017 minimum. From what I've seen already, and what they still have left to do, a ton of the game isn't even developed yet. Once it is, then you have tons of testing (6 months - 1 year). If they release any earlier than that, it means they've cut features they said the game will have, which does not count as finished to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkisVir View Post
    End of 2017 minimum. From what I've seen already, and what they still have left to do, a ton of the game isn't even developed yet. Once it is, then you have tons of testing (6 months - 1 year). If they release any earlier than that, it means they've cut features they said the game will have, which does not count as finished to me.
    It's hard to say. While they have been pretty open with development, there have also been some things kept hidden (a lot of which we still don't know about). Not that I blame them because people complain every time something is released. Remember when someone found that entire city that was inaccessible?

They Alpha 2.0 is a huge step because it's basically the mash up of all the main combat features. We have no idea how far they have progressed with all of the planets and quests and such because they don't talk about that.

BTW people have already started streaming it (the game crashes quite a bit): http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Star%20Citizen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    dude, the fps level is looking like Quake 3 at best
    How is this guy still able to post on this forum. Who gave Dinkleberg internet access!?
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2015-11-20 at 02:28 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    It's hard to say. While they have been pretty open with development, there have also been some things kept hidden (a lot of which we still don't know about). Not that I blame them because people complain every time something is released. Remember when someone found that entire city that was inaccessible?

They Alpha 2.0 is a huge step because it's basically the mash up of all the main combat features. We have no idea how far they have progressed with all of the planets and quests and such because they don't talk about that.

BTW people have already started streaming it (the game crashes quite a bit):

- - - Updated - - -

How is this guy still able to post on this forum. Who gave Dinkleberg internet access!?
    Right. And I promise I'm not being cynical, but I have seen a lot of games go under (as we all have) and honestly, many of them don't have this kind of publicity from this early on. Their "open development" model is not doing anything other than showing how much of a miracle they're going to need.

I developed a game with a fraction of a fraction of a percent of what they have, and I can definitely say that more money does not mean you get away from the normal people-management problems everyone faces. It only becomes harder by orders of magnitude. Developers being hired on, not making the progress they were expected to, having to be booted off (or kept on at the detriment of everyone else), bugs that are unfixable because of the poor architecture of a dev who was on the project 4 years ago and left... all sorts of things.

This game has amazing vision, and a huge following, so I hope it works out. I'm just not so sure that it will.