Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PTR 5.1 - Mind Sear confusion!

So, just saw on the front page that MS got buffed by 26%.
    - Now, is that on top of the 25% hotix they did this week? so that it's a 51% increase?
    I really hope that, cus MS right now is like really terrible. When i quest and i have to kill grp of mobs with low HP (Valley of the Four Winds first quests with Vermins) i use MS and it takes around 15-20 seconds to kill them. I think theres about 5 or 6 in a pack. I am in full BiS from DS so im really confused.

Hopefully its 51% but i doubt it.

Deleted
    I doubt it too. I do my dailies with blood dk friend and if I cba to multidot he laughs at the mindseer damage.
    but yes I'd like to know this too. some times I just cba to multidot, although it does pay off

well we are at it instead of making a new thread. I noticed from front page all disarms but priests got reduced to 8secs
    do you think they will do the same with ours?
    Last edited by mmoc8e13fe598c; 2012-10-17 at 12:43 PM.

would think that it will be 51% tbh, since last week was a hotfix and next one is an upcoming patchnote along with a different percentage.

/pray

Deleted
    I don't think they are separate buffs. But if they were, it would be 57.5% increase, not 51%.

Deleted
    If it was both, it would be multiplicative wouldn't it?

So initial was 1..
    1 * 1.25 = 1.25
    1.25 * 1.26 = 1.575

So it would be a 57.5% rise?

Deleted
    Sorry for my math...
    - It's just too good to be true right? They have been buggin' us with "Don't spam MS" But yeah. Let's see!
    #PleaseLetUsMindSear

Hope so, Sear still isn't worth casting with the 25% buff (the hotfix).

Quote Originally Posted by Eskaejay View Post
    If it was both, it would be multiplicative wouldn't it?

So initial was 1..
    1 * 1.25 = 1.25
    1.25 * 1.26 = 1.575

So it would be a 57.5% rise?
    yeah this was what i was thinking, but im terribad at writing up calculations

Wouldn't that also be the same with Cascade as there was also a Hotfix on it last week?

Green text means it's data mined I believe, so it's not buffed twice.

Hotfixes generally only change how spells function and not the tooltip. The new one is probably just a tooltip fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hotfixes generally only change how spells function and not the tooltip.
    It's not how they function, exactly. It's the numbers they change, not the mechanics. I believe this is what you were trying to say.

The new one is probably just a tooltip fix.
    Indeed it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    It's not how they function, exactly. It's the numbers they change, not the mechanics. I believe this is what you were trying to say.
    Yes that is what I meant

Hotfixes generally only change how spells function and not the tooltip. The new one is probably just a tooltip fix.
    out of all the class hotfixes that went up there is no copies on this ptr which inclines its not a tooltip fix and generally if you look at blizzards past they dont really tooltip fix till like months later and it syas mind sear buffed by 26% the hotfix was 25% plus the hotfix was a traight up buff to damage this is a buff to damage and the spell coefficent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    out of all the class hotfixes that went up there is no copies on this ptr which inclines its not a tooltip fix and generally if you look at blizzards past they dont really tooltip fix till like months later and it syas mind sear buffed by 26% the hotfix was 25% plus the hotfix was a traight up buff to damage this is a buff to damage and the spell coefficent
    - See that what was i was thinking. Because buffing it with 1% doesn't really make any sense. But we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    - See that what was i was thinking. Because buffing it with 1% doesn't really make any sense. But we will see.
    It makes perfect sense. Mind Sear was buffed by 25% in a hotfix. The next patch note on the PTR changed the tooltip. Extremely logical and easy to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    It makes perfect sense. Mind Sear was buffed by 25% in a hotfix. The next patch note on the PTR changed the tooltip. Extremely logical and easy to follow.
    No. Logically there is still significant amount of doubt as to whether the changes to mind sear in 5.1 are on top of the hotfix.

The Hotfix clearly stated a 25% buff to Mind Sear damage, however the 5.1 datamined change states a 26% increase. This either means that they increased the damage by 26% and stated 25% for simplicities sake OR that they have further tweaked Mind Sear. Considering the hotfix did not stipulate that they altered the SP scaling of MS and the data mined changes clearly show a buff to MS's SP scaling it is not unrealistic for people to have queries as to whether this is merely a tooltip change or they have further buffed mind sear. Add the fact that mind sear hits like a wet noodle in it's current form and it is not outside of the realms of possibility that they may have further altered the spell.

Having said this I also suspect that this is simply a tooltip change and this is the version of Mind Sear we currently have on live.... Hopefully we see a few more changes to the base damage of this spell...

While I would love to believe they're trying to fix MS, I think someone at blizzard simply fat fingered their 6 key doing the tooltip fix

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    While I would love to believe they're trying to fix MS, I think someone at blizzard simply fat fingered their 6 key doing the tooltip fix
    why out of all the other class changes did they only choose to tooltip fix priest?????? like i said its probably a buff cause even with hotfix mindsear still sucks and noone of the other changes from other classes was listed and the POM and POH buffs werent in here either so doubt its a tooltip fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    why out of all the other class changes did they only choose to tooltip fix priest?????? like i said its probably a buff cause even with hotfix mindsear still sucks and noone of the other changes from other classes was listed and the POM and POH buffs werent in here either so doubt its a tooltip fix
    Oh, it must be a stealth buff then, because blizzard's official 5.1 patch notes make no mention of Mind Sear and Cascade.
    {[( )]}