10+ Year Old Account

Question Ordering Magic Cards Online - Playing Online got me hooked

I realize this is sorta the wrong forum, but I'm fairly sure I'll get the best responses from here. I've been playing that MTG: Duel of the planeswalkers off steam and have gotten really into the game and was curious if any of the Canadians here know places that ship booster boxes as I've searched everywhere for them and US retailers aren't allowed to ship to Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems MTGFanatic ships to Canada, but I don't know if booster boxes makes a difference. That's the site I generally use, and so far I haven't had any issues (but I live in the U.S.)

From personal experience though, a local card shop is going to have better prices, always, even without shipping costs.

There is a MTG thread in the Fun Stuff subforum right here if you would like to talk about the game any.

As for the question at hand, unfortunately I do not know of any that ship to Canada off hand, but I bet you can find an answer to that question on MTGSalvation if you ask that question there.

As Pendulous said, your LGS (local game shop) will probably have better or equal pricing on cards.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-01-18 at 07:57 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah booster boxes makes all the difference, sadly. I've been reading that people aren't allowed to ship sealed products outside of the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    There is a MTG thread in the Fun Stuff subforum right here if you would like to talk about the game any.

As for the question at hand, unfortunately I do not know of any that ship to Canada off hand, but I bet you can find an answer to that question on MTGSalvation if you ask that question there.

As Pendulous said, your LGS (local game shop) will probably have better or equal pricing on cards.
    Yeah the closest one to me is about an hour drive lol so I was looking for shipping, but I agree that sounds like the best bet. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Yeah booster boxes makes all the difference, sadly. I've been reading that people aren't allowed to ship sealed products outside of the states.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ts0m0.png[/IG]

Yeah the closest one to me is about an hour drive lol so I was looking for shipping, but I agree that sounds like the best bet. Thanks guys
    You can go for singles then, if that option isn't available. There is also Magic: the Gathering Online if you can't get to a LGS reliably or often enough. In some ways it could be much better and if you collect a whole set you can ask for a full set of paper product, although I don't know if Canada is exempt from this.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, thing is though, for local shops, they have a very limited supply of boxes and fat packs. So, it would be best to call them ahead of time.

Deleted
    I searched for booster box on amazon.ca and they seem to have a few... but seems super pricey.

10+ Year Old Account
    FaceToFacegames.com sells boxes for 99 CAD. I've seen them a couple of times on MagicCardmarket.eu, which is the website where I buy singles (EU only there, though)
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    You could check Ebay. A friend of mine bought a lot of Yu-gi-oh cards via there (some cards were like 50 euros each, even more, can't remember it that well).