Page 35 of 116 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    We get info exactly like this. Should NFT flip Scum, you and others voting for no lynch will look scummier or if he's proven to have been town, the ones quick to votewagon will be put under more suspicion. It's all about the votes
    Also, late voters on scum tend to be scum themselves trying to look town.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ANYONE IS YET. NOBODY DOES.
    Well that's just not true, some of the scum definitely know who each other are. I mean unless all the scum are lone scum people... which would be weird... and would also mean ton of night kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Give Treann A Chance.
    All we are SAAAAAYing, is give Treann a Channnnce.... (a pox on anyone who doesn't know that song)

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Well, people who vote for no lynches could be potential scum for one. Not sure what else /shrug
    Also people who vote for a townie could be scum, or townies because they didn't know better and just "wanted to make something happen". Also people who vote on scum could be townies... or they could be scum from different factions... or they could be scum from the same faction who are just trying to remove suspicion from themselves. Especially since (this is partly for the people new to these forums) scums usually try to distance themselves from each other so we don't make connections between and realize they are scum. So basically they'll FoS each other, and vote each other (especially if they think there it is unlikely that the lynch will go through). If the joke lynch starts picking up steam most people who were voting a team mate for jokes will back off and change their vote; there are a couple of people who will stick with it though because they wouldn't want to risk being revealed as scum later (we can call them "the most cutthroat among us").

Also I find it hilarious to see the "the town has nothing to lose if we lynch a townie on accident argument". Gogo lynching the cop on the first day. I'm not saying that a no lynch is the correct course, but people who think there are no risks are either kidding themselves or scum trying to goad town into doing something potentially ruinous.

It was a joke vote, based on a WoW reference.
    I was with you on that

10+ Year Old Account
    vote Arlee for making sense again!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also I find it hilarious to see the "the town has nothing to lose if we lynch a townie on accident argument". Gogo lynching the cop on the first day. I'm not saying that a no lynch is the correct course, but people who think there are no risks are either kidding themselves or scum trying to goad town into doing something potentially ruinous.

I was with you on that
    *avoids the pox*

TBF if he is the Cop, or anything beneficial to the Town whatsoever he's not exactly going out of his way to dissuade us from lynching him. OFC there's risks, and if Treann had actually done or SAID something to make me not to lynch him then I would have changed my vote back a long time ago.

I got it too. Blood quarter best quarter!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

vote Arlee for making sense again!
    It's a terrible habit of mine. Here haz a corgi!

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    *avoids the pox*

TBF if he is the Cop, or anything beneficial to the Town whatsoever he's not exactly going out of his way to dissuade us from lynching him. OFC there's risks, and if Treann had actually done or SAID something to make me not to lynch him then I would have changed my vote back a long time ago.

I got it too. Blood quarter best quarter!
    Said what exactly? If he claims cop this earlier he's pretty much guaranteed to die anyways especially since we don't know how many/if there are any protections and how many night kills there are. Also if he's a bomb or pgo and he claimed that well then he's not going to get targeted and people would just say lynch him anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a terrible habit of mine. Here haz a corgi!

[img]http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1357688789103402.jpg[img]

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 11:41 AM ----------

Said what exactly? If he claims cop this earlier he's pretty much guaranteed to die anyways especially since we don't know how many/if there are any protections and how many night kills there are. Also if he's a bomb or pgo and he claimed that well then he's not going to get targeted and people would just say lynch him anyways.
    Now now, you know thew corgi distraction technique doesn't work on me. Try beagles! :P

And if Treann was a pgo/bomb/whatever, he should claim cop then so that he will eventually get targeted and take someone out with him

I also just thought of something else we should keep in mind. If there are masons in the game people not voting against each other/protecting someone (you know what we consider normal scum behavior) could falsely lead us to attacking them. It's more of something to be aware of especially if later we end up lynching someone based on that thought process and they end up town.

In the end... a lot depends on how many night kills and protections there are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at this point for him, it's time for drastic measures. I mean hell, Nemi claimed Investigator D2 in game 8 and survived to the very end. He doesn't even have to claim what he really is. Even just saying 'FFS guys I'm just Town! q_q' would have had me backing down a little, but he hasn't even bothered to do that.....

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Well at this point for him, it's time for drastic measures. I mean hell, Nemi claimed Investigator D2 in game 8 and survived to the very end. He doesn't even have to claim what he really is. Even just saying 'FFS guys I'm just Town! q_q' would have had me backing down a little, but he hasn't even bothered to do that.....
    He never does now that I think about it. Like last game when people started claiming, Treann kinda just disappeared and said nothing, not even "hey I'm a vt" and it was why he was killed in the end.

Arlee smells today :\

Arlee smells today :\

No I don't! I took a bath with Jasmine today. I smell wonderful!

10+ Year Old Account
    O_o

You still smell!

10+ Year Old Account
    She's not impressed.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    She's not impressed.
    [IMG]http://billypurgatory.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/princess-jasmine-disney-princess-18262187-1280-720.jpg?w=584&h=328[IMG]
    I had a picture of a COMPLETELY different Jasmine ready to post, but you had to go and ruin it...

It was close to NSFW so I probably am better off anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's just not true, some of the scum definitely know who each other are. I mean unless all the scum are lone scum people... which would be weird... and would also mean ton of night kills.

All we are SAAAAAYing, is give Treann a Channnnce.... (a pox on anyone who doesn't know that song)

Also people who vote for a townie could be scum, or townies because they didn't know better and just "wanted to make something happen". Also people who vote on scum could be townies... or they could be scum from different factions... or they could be scum from the same faction who are just trying to remove suspicion from themselves. Especially since (this is partly for the people new to these forums) scums usually try to distance themselves from each other so we don't make connections between and realize they are scum. So basically they'll FoS each other, and vote each other (especially if they think there it is unlikely that the lynch will go through). If the joke lynch starts picking up steam most people who were voting a team mate for jokes will back off and change their vote; there are a couple of people who will stick with it though because they wouldn't want to risk being revealed as scum later (we can call them "the most cutthroat among us").

I was with you on that
    That was sort of my reasoning as well, and to me, that's enough reasoning in counter to the Treann bandwagon to keep my vote on a No Lynch for now.

Dyra, how do you expect Treann to claim that he's town? This early in the game, is there really anything he can point to or say to really defend himself? Sure he can role claim, but no one would believe him if he said he was just a VT, and he'd get killed if he claims a town power role.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    That was sort of my reasoning as well, and to me, that's enough reasoning in counter to the Treann bandwagon to keep my vote on a No Lynch for now.

Dyra, how do you expect Treann to claim that he's town? This early in the game, is there really anything he can point to or say to really defend himself? Sure he can role claim, but no one would believe him if he said he was just a VT, and he'd get killed if he claims a town power role.
    And what reasoning is that? He's got a post count? Why not vote a lurker instead then? A vote no-lynch teaches us absolutely nothing other than you're willing to learn everything from the dead townies that will inevitably show up from doing nothing. And those are usually due to A) Shutting up active people or B) Completely random choices at the start of a game. So you would have learned very little from that too.

At least with a vote there is a chance we'll get it right AND learn something.

And with him being very close now to a lynch I expect him to say something to stop the lynch. I've already given an example of what can happen, even with an early claim.

I don't understand though, I don't get how lynching someone randomly when the stats would suggest that he's not scum would be beneficial to the town.
    I'm willing to accept that as everyone else seems to believe this as well, but what I don't understand is how a random vote record can help determine scum or why, regardless of the fact that others have said about 10 people are likely to be scum (meaning 1/3 of people) it would be likely that we would hit scum when we have almost no real reason to believe Treann (or anyone else at this point) to be scum.
    I was about to provide you with a link to game 16 which were in the off forums, but they are about to get removed unless Worgen logs in and restores them within 7 days (There's a hint for you hidden in there Worgen, try to find it). At the end there was me, Lysah and Zerioc left. Lysah was GF, Zerioc was Cop and I was just a normal VT. What tipped thing to Lysah's disadvantage was voting history. Lysah had been in more prominent voting positions when there was a town lynched and not present or voting when it was clear the person would get lynched, when that person was lynched. Both me and Zerioc on the other hand had each initiated (or close to) a lynch on at least one Mafia. Lysah had played good that game and hadn't it been for those voting records it had been a 50/50. The random votes at the start of the game really can make a big difference at the end.

There are some minor differences now that at deadline instead of becoming a no-lynch when none has a majority the one which the highest votes "win". Exactly how it is different I'll leave up to each and everyone to figure out themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    FoS decagon for possibly being scumbuddies with Treann :P

restored Keleb

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    There are some minor differences now that at deadline instead of becoming a no-lynch when none has a majority the one which the highest votes "win". Exactly how it is different I'll leave up to each and everyone to figure out themselves.
    Yes... It's actually a pretty huge difference when you think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not true.

D2 will be based upon the NKs of N1, instead of the random D1 lynch and the NKs of N1.
    This assumes that the D1 lynch is random. The D1 lynch is only random if the person being lynched offers no believable defense, which is itself, IMO, something of a confession.