Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Anyway, breakfast time!
    And that means bed time for me.

Night.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I didn't say that the entirity of the anti-Town players were similarly aligned.
    I think mutli-faction in one way or another is probably a given. I am sort of leaning to probably a SK and a Vigilante in addition to the "mafia" group. But I am basing that mostly on how I read Greeney's end of night post, so who knows.

I didn't say that the entirity of the anti-Town players were similarly aligned.
    Doesn't make it any easier to pull off lynches when the majority of scum players will feel safer not voting at all. Don't vote, blame every town lynch on someone like me, win game. As long as town players tend to look at voters for scum instead of non-voters it's a legitimate strategy.

The unfortunate side effect of this, of course, being unable to cause lynches even in a multi-faction game. You would think that then everyone would know who the scum are and they'd NK each other, but they will WIFOM reason themselves to death.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-16 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm I don't think the end of night post will give away roles.

Vigilante does fit in the batman game theme though, perhaps batman him self is a vigilante even but if it wern't for the batman theme I'd be guessing it's two scum teams and an SK. But with the batman theme maybe 1 scum team, an SK and a vigi + whatever NKs got blocked or didn't happen for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Doesn't make it any easier to pull off lynches when the majority of scum players will feel safer not voting at all. Don't vote, blame every town lynch on someone like me, win game. As long as town players tend to look at voters for scum instead of non-voters it's a legitimate strategy.
    Except what you actually mean is "none poster none voters, and not just none votes". If you mean all none voters are likely scum that's just a completely silly conclusion.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Hmmm I don't think the end of night post will give away roles.

Vigilante does fit in the batman game theme though, perhaps batman him self is a vigilante even but if it wern't for the batman theme I'd be guessing it's two scum teams and an SK. But with the batman theme maybe 1 scum team, an SK and a vigi + whatever NKs got blocked or didn't happen for some reason.
    I am mostly thinking sk/vigilante based on the whole dude who wants to take out all the bad guys and batman for not killing the bad guys. It's could be total fluff though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she just means it's safe to say not all scum voted. There's just as likely to be scum amongst those that did not vote as there is amongst those that did. I'd say it's even more likely in this game though.

Batman can't be vigilante, he refuses to kill anything.

And I don't mean all non-voters are scum, only all scum are non-voters. I realize that's likely an exaggeration, but in a game as ridiculously populated as this one, if you were on a team of 2 or 3 SKs, for example, why would you vote and risk pissing someone off when you can hide among the 14 people not voting? It really wouldn't surprise me to learn that 90%+ of NFT's votes were town.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just go ahead and do this.

FoS: Eniah, Rolo, Keleb.

Our regular players with the lowest post count.

FoS: Everyone else below them or around them.

Considering that there was 3 kill on night, i think that there's like 2 teams of 4-5 and the single man assassin, Fire.

I think she just means it's safe to say not all scum voted. There's just as likely to be scum amongst those that did not vote as there is amongst those that did. I'd say it's even more likely in this game though.
    Oh yea.. that sort of goes without saying though. I mean the only time scum really vote all together is the last vote to clinch the win. Otherwise you are just making who the scum are obvious over the course of the game.

That's what I was thinking... but it could be twisted to fit the game. Also the Psychiatrist as we have seen him so far could fit a sk or vigilante profile. Batman could quite possibly not even be a player character.

Quote Originally Posted by Allysene View Post
    Considering that there was 3 kill on night, i think that there's like 2 teams of 4-5 and the single man assassin, Fire.
    I think that is probably the most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with this. While Batman may be a vigilante in his own world, he's one that refuses to kill. Our vigilantes are killers, so it seems an unlikely fit. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Batman isn't even being played by anybody since Greeney is walking through the story so far through Batman's perspective and he probably doesn't want to risk him dieing early in the game and having to find a new protagonist. I could be wrong, but it's my thoughts anyway.

If Batman is a player character I guess he might be another cop (he is supposed to be the greatest detective of the DC universe or something, and with so many players it's not completely unreasonable to think there might be another cop). Then again, maybe he's just a vigilante who gets flavour text in his pm's that suggest he's just subdued them or something, they didn't explicitly state that the guy in the helicopter died, just that his helicopter went into the ocean, maybe it went into the ocean cause Batman took him out of it or something. Probably not, but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop it.

Even if it's a smokescreen (from either side), it's not the way to go about it.

Here's Treann's list.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KSywK.jpg[IMG]
    I'm pretty sure I unvoted him after his claim, but your list doesn't show that :\

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I'm pretty sure I unvoted him after his claim, but your list doesn't show that :\
    Obvious scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That's what I was thinking... but it could be twisted to fit the game. Also the Psychiatrist as we have seen him so far could fit a sk or vigilante profile. Batman could quite possibly not even be a player character.
    You stole my thoughts! Get out of my head!

Oh hey, random thought....Madhatter is a villain who uses mind control hats to control people, kinda like a certain type of serial killer can control people to kill for them (Vampires?). Anyway, thinking about that would make Madhatter a reasonable fit as a serial killer. Though I do remember hearing Zsasz is on the loose, and he seems pretty serial killer like to me as well. I don't think he plays well with others based on my limited knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allysene View Post
    It's also possible that a night kill was blocked, so there could be even more NK possibilities. Just with my basic knowledge of the Batman franchise I can think of a lot of characters that could be SK's, could have a scum group aligned with them, and could be vigilantes.

The Penguin - crime boss so I could easily see him having his own faction
    Ra's al Ghul - Leader of the League of Assassins. Sounds like a perfect fit.
    Poison Ivy - can mind control men so could lead a group or could be a SK (kind of like vampires in our previous games)
    The Scarecrow - sounds like the pefect fit for a SK
    The Joker - same as above
    Two-Face - has been depicted as an evil mastermind, but has also taken on more of vigilante role at times

There are also all the lesser known groups (mainly from the comics): Batman Revenge Squad, Circus of the Strange,

Then on top of that there are corrupted cops (think mafia role cop from previous games) which could be in play.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:40 PM ----------

Basically I'm saying that this game could have a lot more villains than we would normally think there are.

Now that I got that out of the way. Back to the actual important part of the game. My vote is on SaintSinner because of the reasons I said before. I'm not trying to start a bandwagon or anything. You'll notice I wasn't here trying to push everyone in that direction. I'm just trying to make it known that I don't like it when people lurk because it only hinders what we can learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I'm really curious about is who is on the mafia team. I don't know much about batman lore so no idea what villains are likely to be working together, if greeney has actually done it with villains that are likely to work together and not random villains together It'll be interesting. We just need some dead mafia to find out!

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I'm really curious about is who is on the mafia team. I don't know much about batman lore so no idea what villains are likely to be working together, if greeney has actually done it with villains that are likely to work together and not random villains together It'll be interesting. We just need some dead mafia to find out!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ly_adversaries

Here you go. More info than you ever wanted to know.

Joker, Harley Quinn, and Two-Face could be working together.

The League of Assassins has a fairly large amount of lesser known people that could be involved.

I would guess that he would keep things more along the lines of the well known lore (movies and latest video games) and not that of the comics, because in the comics a lot of people have been good and bad at times and many of the villains have worked together.

Edit: A good example would be catwoman. In the comics she was mostly portrayed as a villain. In the movies she has been portrayed as a good person who crosses the line and does some bad things (mostly stealing from the wealthy). She often helps out Batman.
    Last edited by Krayzy; 2013-01-16 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I would guess that he would keep things more along the lines of the well known lore (movies and latest video games) and not that of the comics, because in the comics a lot of people have been good and bad at times and many of the villains have worked together.
    Iirc Greeney said the game would be based in part on the Arkham Asylum game and possibly it's sequel. Joker was the main bad dude in that, where he took over the asylum and let loose the people there.

Anywho, very sleepy and heading to bed now.

Deleted
    Hey all, sorry for my inactivity, can be explained rather easily however.

Either way, I'll come back later to read through all pages and (hopefully) come up with some theories.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lovely arguing and bringing in the personal attacks. Wouldn't be the first time someone edges on Lysah and she brings out the "you're just stupid and must be scum" card when you don't see her "logic." I'm sorry Lysah, but it's the only way you play. Either you're town and have infallible logic, you're a TPR and continue the infallible logic, or you're scum and use said logic to bully your way into getting out of sticky situations. I'm frankly tired of it so ill toss my vote and be done with it. I cba to read another 40 page day, or come back to 5-10 pages and being called out for lurking. I'm sorry but it's day 2 with only people arguing with each other over stupid shit. Not much to say other than some people voted for Treann and should be suspicious, some people never voted for Treann and should be suspicious, and some people just didn't plain vote and look suspicious. I think I covered every player there. Everyone is suspicious at this stage of the game. Do we take out someone who has 1 vote to their name and is plainly not contributing? Maybe. Or do we take someone out who is dangerous in this game (to all sides). Without knowing who is who and what is what, it's just going to be a turkey shoot. Personally I'd rather vote on the person who is very dangerous with her logic when she's scum than someone we can at any time get rid of.

vote lysah

In before "but lurkers ruin games because we can't get information from them!" I'd rather see mod kills on the bottom 2 or 3 posters or replacements so we dont waste a lynch whn we have 2 capable people waiting. Also, any word from Roose? Is his ban up yet?
    wyrd bið ful aræd