10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Sometimes it's a whole extra game added on to the mafia game, other times it's just annoying. Like when two members of opposing factions are PMing each other and one lets his team know he's PMing someone from the other faction but won't say who or give any info. (COUGH WORGI/FOXXI)

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I feel extremely compelled to vote Arlee or Worgi now, if for nothing else then for PMing each other in a game that asks people not to.
    See the thing is Worgen and I have a lot of contact outside the forums, we play video games together and pretty much always have a PM chain going during the day. He always asks me what my role is and I pretty much always tell him I am a VT. It's just what we do. I had planned on reminding him that Greeney didn't want people communicating via PM's in this game, but when he asked I out of habit replied and then after was like "crap I meant to not do that". Then when Greeney told me later he had confused me character but my role was the same I didn't mention it to Worgen because it didn't seem important because my role was still the same, and I was remembering to refrain from talking abut the game in PM's by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    Greeney is an expierenced mod. IF (and thats a big if) he made this mistake he would come out and say it. I cant see him letting someone being lynched for his mistake
    As someone who has modded games, personally I would look at it as someone made their own mistake which lead to this. Like I said, imo Greeney really should not because there is no real way to do it without confirming me as a vt as well... which just shouldn't happen. I am fine with getting lynched (though I would be happier if the target was scum instead) because I am just a vt and I honestly did make a mistake here.

Sometimes it's a whole extra game added on to the mafia game, other times it's just annoying. Like when two members of opposing factions are PMing each other and one lets his team know he's PMing someone from the other faction but won't say who or give any info. (COUGH WORGI/FOXXI)
    It can be a real problem. Which is why I had intended on embracing not pm'ing... but I failed

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not opposed to someone PMing someone they think they might be able to trust from key posts in this thread with information they do not want to lose should they die, that's fine imo. It's a calculated risk and can fail just as easily as not. I am opposed to people PMing each other regardless of posts in this thread because they're friends and then preceed to share their roles with each other with no information at all on if the other person is scum or town. That just kind of ruins the game imo. It's not so bad when both are town but as soon as a mafia tells a town he's mafia and the townie doesn't do anything about it (or other mafia faction doesn't do anything about it) because you're friends, that's breaking the game and just kind of ruining the fun for everyone.

End rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not opposed to someone PMing someone they think they might be able to trust from key posts in this thread with information they do not want to lose should they die, that's fine imo. It's a calculated risk and can fail just as easily as not. I am opposed to people PMing each other regardless of posts in this thread because they're friends and then preceed to share their roles with each other with no information at all on if the other person is scum or town. That just kind of ruins the game imo. It's not so bad when both are town but as soon as a mafia tells a town he's mafia and the townie doesn't do anything about it (or other mafia faction doesn't do anything about it) because you're friends, that's breaking the game and just kind of ruining the fun for everyone.

End rant.
    No one has ever told me they're mafia unless I was mafia as well. That one game with Foxxi and the more recent one with Arlee I was mafia both times. Every other time I'm either told vt or I don't ask at all. Also, if I do learn something suspicious, it's not like I can just act on it. OH HEY, WORGY SAID ARLEE SAID SHE'S SCUM! How do you know I'm not scum making shit up and trying to get Arlee lynched? Well? If I do learn something, I try to find some sort of evidence about it or something I can use to make it much easier to get the town to follow. Afterall, y'all are so undecided 99% of the time lol.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I added or mafia of the opposing faction in brackets. If you learn something you should share it with your team mates, after all letting someone know you're mafia is putting more at risk than just you. I prefer Lysahs way of thinking on this, the only time it' really acceptable to randomly let someone know your role is if it's unimportant, like a VT, the only outcome there is they might kill you to ensure a safe kill without hitting a bomb but at least it will drag the kill off potentially hitting a TPR,

Also judging by how you usually do it, if you learned something then you'd just vote for them without explaining why xD

Oh you mean like that hypothetical time where two opposing wolf factions got together and planned their night kills on the town every night and worked together to create a lynch until the town finally got so small they were forced to kill each other?

That was a different game Lysah. Also, I hate to say it but we should probably use the discussion thread if we want to discuss thoughts on PM'ing during the game. The way it is, is Greeney asked us to not do it end of story.

Also Lysah thought about what you said about there only being 4-5 scums... I think that is not all that likely. I mean I get why you would think that considering we have killed so many townies already... but it's also possible that there are more than that but split into 2-3 man teams, and possibly even a single or two.

It's possible, but we're basing our assumption of game composition based on what we do, and the 'others' keep coming in and telling us that they do things differently. If we assume there are 2 or 3 scum teams AND they have multiple members AND they have town power roles like doctor I think it's unreasonable to expect there to also be 15 of them.

My guess is 4 or 5 mafia, 1 or 2 SKs, vigilante who is dead, not sure what the other night kill is. Another vigilante or mod kills perhaps, but I'm already hitting the number of scum I expect. We don't know if night kills even make scum, there are some pretty weird roles in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I added or mafia of the opposing faction in brackets. If you learn something you should share it with your team mates, after all letting someone know you're mafia is putting more at risk than just you. I prefer Lysahs way of thinking on this, the only time it' really acceptable to randomly let someone know your role is if it's unimportant, like a VT, the only outcome there is they might kill you to ensure a safe kill without hitting a bomb but at least it will drag the kill off potentially hitting a TPR,

Also judging by how you usually do it, if you learned something then you'd just vote for them without explaining why xD
    Again, I stand by what I did that game. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but if given the same situation, I'd do it again :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Oh you mean like that hypothetical time where two opposing wolf factions got together and planned their night kills on the town every night and worked together to create a lynch until the town finally got so small they were forced to kill each other?
    You might not admit it, but I can sense you're still madbro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That was a different game Lysah. Also, I hate to say it but we should probably use the discussion thread if we want to discuss thoughts on PM'ing during the game. The way it is, is Greeney asked us to not do it end of story.
    noted :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It's possible, but we're basing our assumption of game composition based on what we do, and the 'others' keep coming in and telling us that they do things differently. If we assume there are 2 or 3 scum teams AND they have multiple members AND they have town power roles like doctor I think it's unreasonable to expect there to also be 15 of them.

My guess is 4 or 5 mafia, 1 or 2 SKs, vigilante who is dead, not sure what the other night kill is. Another vigilante or mod kills perhaps, but I'm already hitting the number of scum I expect. We don't know if night kills even make scum, there are some pretty weird roles in here.
    That's probably a fair point...

Thinking about in terms of the setting... We know there is a Riddler character, it would be surprising to find him working alone so I would say he has 2 or 3 henchmen. Joker I could absolutely see being an sk maybe one partner in the for of Harley. At worse there that would give us 6 scums and leave use with 15 town players alive (though it's likely the Interviewer guy was part of the Riddler's group)... I feel like that's too many and there might be another faction in there, like the penguin and his goons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanatos View Post
    So it is confirmed the League of Assassins Mafia is the second mafia group in the game. I'm surprised people were PMs one another in the game because I thought you weren't suppose to. I'm not sure about Arlee's explanation. It could just be a simple mix up like she said or else she could be lying. I'm not liking the new puzzle. It doesn't have the number of spaces to help you guess the right answer.
    um, who is the first mafia?

I thought it is general knowledge the first group is the Joker's group because in mafia games there is a group of mafia. Unless, you are saying the Joker is working alone which would strange in a game of 30 players. Also, the Joker is not an assassin so I do not see him being a part of an Assassin group. I could be wrong though.
    who's to say the joker char is in play in the first place? he could be just part of the stories that greeney posts.

perhaps you know more than you let on...?

vote: arlee

Quote Originally Posted by faraway14 View Post
    I think he was thinking the Survivor roles of Harvey Dent and Two Face were one scum group.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:20 PM ----------

Oh ha, I didn't read all of your post ><

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faraway14 View Post

who's to say the joker char is in play in the first place? he could be just part of the stories that greeney posts.

perhaps you know more than you let on...?

vote: arlee
    Faraway, you answered your first question. Well I am assuming Greeney post a lot about the Joker because he is a major villain in game. I just know as much as the next person.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think he was thinking the Survivor roles of Harvey Dent and Two Face were one scum group.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:20 PM ----------

Oh ha, I didn't read all of your post ><
    Yeah, I guess they could be seen as one scum group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that the survivors didn't have any killing roles as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC View Post
    Except that the survivors didn't have any killing roles as far as I can tell.
    Day 2: Kapaya - Two Face - Vigilante, Linked Mason - Survivor
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19901018

One survivor was apparently a vigilante.

10+ Year Old Account
    oops. Still, Vigilante is not a mafia role.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC View Post
    oops. Still, Vigilante is not a mafia role.
    So they are more of a neutral group.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they are more of a neutral group.
    Due to their wildfire nature, yes.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Due to their wildfire nature, yes.
    Hey, I was a good town vigilante the game I was one ^_^ I only missed one scum(sorry Kitteh)

Arlee: 7 / 11
    Worgenite: 1 / 11

Alive:
    1. Lysah - Vote: Arlee #1219
    2. Worgenite - No Vote - #1242
    3. Dyra - Vote: Arlee #1260
    4. Majad Kapaya V2
    5. BrandonC
    6. Anakso - Vote: Arlee - #1276
    7. Arlee
    8. listo95
    9. Mumbles85