Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone remember Dishonorable Kills?

That sure was a crazy time. What a crazy mechanic that was. I remember guys going for High Warlord/Grand Marshall who gquit over a crossroads raid picking up a single solitary DK. People just lost their minds over it. Weeks of server wide drama because someone would kill a fruit vendor. Tickets were opened, open crying in vent. It never made sense to me how one errant AoE attack could cause such a meltdown...

Also, there are no "nostalgia" specific forums here.

I do... it's how I got into the habit of avoiding world pvp like the plague lol. I was actually just telling one of my friends that I wish they would bring back Dishonorable kills Also, referring to them as DK's is now confusing lol

Ooh I do.. miss those old days.

Also this made me remember that video with "What happends if you get too many dishonorable kills - Outlaw something"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol forgot about those
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, and I'll thank you not to remind me of them.

Good Day Sir.

Ah yeah, I remember dishonorable kills... People would RAGE if someone killed a low level player or an NPC in a world PVP raid, so naturally, there were dudes who would ONLY kill lowbies/NPCs.

The actual manual the old world of warcraft shipped with had a discription on dishonorable kills:

DISHONOR POINTS
    Even among enemies as bitter as the Horde and Alliance, there is
    honor. If you flaunt this honor and engage in objectionable PvP
    play, such as killing new players vastly inferior to you in level, or
    killing essential non-combat NPCs such as flight masters or quest
    givers, you will earn dishonor. If you accumulate enough dishonor
    through your criminal actions, you will be branded an outlaw. As
    a consequence, you'll suffer experience penalties, lose access to
    your own faction cities, and become so hated by even your own
    kind that every faction NPC will attack you on sight.

RECOVERING DISHONOR
    World of Warcraft is forgiving of transgressions, and if you refrain
    from dishonorable actions for a long enough time, you will eventually

Oh those memories.
    ps. The manual description above brings back so much more memories, when I was reading the manual before starting the game for the first time. How much the game differed from what I imagined it in my mind.. Wonder how long before the release the manual was actually written?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the downside of trying to get some world PvP going by attacking Astranaar.
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, we were all in the GM grind for a while and were raiding Org 1 night. My priest, my best friends mage, and our guild leader pally were tearing it up. We saw a rival, attacked him, and our mage used cone of cold right as the ambassadors were walking by! 3 dk's each. It freakin sucked! It would ruin a week of grinding lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember this HW doing 1337 DHKs after he achieved his title

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Oh man, what times they used to be ;x

Good times...

Deleted
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about them . Good times.

People used to bitch about dishonorable kills all the time but I just didn't and still don't understand why. I had like 100 DKs and was still able to make it to Knight-Lieutenant before BC came out, although I wasn't PvPing much at all. How much damage could ONE dishonorable kill make? -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea... I remember them. Whole SS/TM raids would collapse because some dumbass got everyone in the raid a DK... Bad times.
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fath View Post
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about them . Good times.

People used to bitch about dishonorable kills all the time but I just didn't and still don't understand why. I had like 100 DKs and was still able to make it to Knight-Lieutenant before BC came out, although I wasn't PvPing much at all. How much damage could ONE dishonorable kill make? -_-
    The reason they sucked was because if you were working towards one of the higher ranks, like Lt. Commander and up, one dk (depending on how fierce the comp on your server was) could ruin your chances of ranking up and could even drop you a rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The reason they sucked was because if you were working towards one of the higher ranks, like Lt. Commander and up, one dk (depending on how fierce the comp on your server was) could ruin your chances of ranking up and could even drop you a rank.

If you were workig towards those, back in the day, you didnt have time for a DHK. Your whole day was spent in front of the battle master queueing for BGs... 24/7...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fath View Post
    If you were trying to move up rank, they were punishing. They experimented with various "costs" for DKs a few times (I think at one point it even tracked them but they didn't hurt you), but at their worst, the penalty was fairly substantial even at low numbers. (but no one was ever worried about "just one" because it never was just one. It would be one guy one day, another guy the next, and they would add up quickly)
    Last edited by Tziva; 2011-03-31 at 05:35 PM. Reason: engrishes
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember it but never actually cared back then ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically you get no honor for killing a lowbie so you should not bother doing it, but come on your going to.
    A Penalty sounds nice on paper like -70 honor for every kill under your level range, but...

Then you would get ppl carrying lowbies on multi seater mounts to places to get killed in aoe's costing the other team honor on purpose.
    So its a lose lose problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got field marshall on my warrior said fuck it and started killing watever the fuck got in my way i hated DHKs so much in fact i had to get them coz they were always in the way so much, now i kill quest givers and grief the hell outta ppl all coz blizz took that right away at the start of wow