Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm 23 i have been living without my parents for 4 years now. I personally think that i did grow alot, after moved away from parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Spakurd View Post
    You can never be too old to live with your mum
    Amen brotha

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 19 and currently make about 13/hr as I just got hired on to permanent at my employer (warehouse). I could live on my own at the moment, but I am still young and am fortunate enough to be able to live at home and save my pennies up. But my dad just got laid off from his job so if a new job takes him out of state with my mom, I will stay behind and get my own place, probably with my girlfriend or something. I would imagine that the feeling of freedom is definitely a plus to living on your own, the bills don't worry me to much so long as I have a job. Can always get a 2nd or 3rd job if I have to!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    Moved out a few years ago, pretty pointless TBH, i'd rather have an extra £1000 a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Me living with my parents has much to do with the best economic and life choice for people living in my area. The reason I say this is because flat prices are higher than buying a house, but the only reason to buy a house is if you're partnered with someone. There's other reasons too. Here, you can rent out your room and pay digs, meaning your parents also get a little bit of extra income. There's other reasons too, but they're mostly to do with travel and convenience.

It's unfortunate, really. I'd love to live by myself. I enjoyed it a lot when everyone in my house was gone for over a week and it was just me and the dog, I just can't afford a place for myself for the life of me and I have no friends who are looking for a place to live either.

If parents are cool I think it nice live with them no matter what age :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
    Me living with my parents has much to do with the best economic and life choice for people living in my area.
    This is the most common reason I reckon - and what makes it completely fine.

For most chinese, this is not a problem..

Deleted
    27 and living at home still.
    Studied till 26, but saving money now to get out.

Even though there are a few benefits in living with your parents you should really take the step and move out so you don't get stuck there too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it count if I'm paying a chunk of the mortgage, phone/internet bills (parents pay the water/electricity :P), most of the shopping, some cleaning/laundry/etc and help look after a younger sibling? In my country of origin the culture encouraged nucleus families.

There's only 4 of us here in New Zealand so we stick together, I'm in no hurry to shoot off and live on my own. It be an insanely bad move from a financial standpoint, why would I pay my own separate mortgage/rent when my family already owns 2 properties and needs help settling the mortgages for those? And of course also a relationship standpoint

I'll eventually end up moving to my own place (but still remaining close) once we achieve financial freedom...perhaps settling down with a girl will be my incentive
    I'm 24 and in no hurry.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-10-14 at 02:55 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

i dont see why ppl have to move out tbh , parents would love to have u around , u move out only if u really have to , but if there is no real reason , u better stay and save money , as a girl i see that sweet to stay around family

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for Work, PST. $15/hr minimum.

Im living with my mom, I aint ashamed i am 19 tho so hey i have a few months until its pathetic

Deleted
    25 soon, still living with my mother.
    Probably won't move out until I'm finished with my studies, which will take another whole while considering that I switched my field of study once.

Mostly because of economical reasons.
    I'd NEVER move into a students' living community. Not gonna happen.
    Thus, moving out because "I want to" would cost me at least several hundred Euros every month, which - to me - simply isn't worth it by any means.

Also, we get along very well. Maybe would be different if we couldn't stand each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pally1 View Post
    You know, this is actually a misleading philosophy that modern system is pressing onto you to get you into debt and slavery. Almost all of my friends are following it, and it appears they will be lead into their early grave. They all have their own place, thus heavily morgaged, or renting by giving away quite large chunk of their income, which leaves them in a modern form of slavery. They live in a constant fear of loosing their source of income or any changes to it. They live their lives very stressed and anxious, and no longer cool to hang out with. and dont get me started on those that are married.

Than theres this cultural trend to live in a studio or rent a house with a bunch of your friends. How is this different or better than living with your parents? Seems the same to me(but you need to have some cool parents too).
    So they live in a constant fear of losing their home... What're you gonna do when your mom moves to a retirement home and passes on her mortgage to you?

I stay with my parents but I don't let them to do all the housework for me. I help them during my day-off from work - I cook, I mow the lawn, I do the laundry, clean the garage, clean the house, help them on gardening etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pally1 View Post
    Besides social condemnation(screw them, i dont give a damn), this has nothing but benefits.

Moms do all your cooking.
    Moms do all the house work and laundry.
    You can always quit any job you don't like after trying it out for 5 min without the fear of bankruptcy, mom will keep feeding you.
    You can spend many years of doing nothing but sitting in front of your computer, playing games and sleeping.

any other manchilds here?
    While I think it's wonderful to live with your parents (I have Indian friends who do and I love their culture for embracing filial piety), to live with your mum so she'll do your cooking, housework, laundry, so you can quit your job without the fear of going broke, and the fact that you're proud of it seems worrying, to say the least.

If even I could, I'd never consider that as an option...leverage is one thing, it's another to leech off someone, especially off your parents.

You need to think a bit more realistically and focus on your career...can't be a kid forever, mate.

Deleted
    I live at home whilst i study, it's sad but i don't even see my dad that much since we're on opposite work schedules so i guess its ok.