10+ Year Old Account
    That video just increases my hype that much more. I don't have any absurd expectations other than just expecting myself to enjoy the game.

Wait what, DAI got GOTY?

Well I guess 2014 was shitty, but still.

DAI was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Wait what, DAI got GOTY?

DAI was pretty bad.
    GOTY doesn't mean anything. There are literally thousands of GOTY awards.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Wait what, DAI got GOTY?

DAI was pretty bad.
    GotY doesn't mean shit. I bet even terrible Games like Destiny got GotY Awards...

If a bad game wins GotY it was simply a bad year. Or well there are some games that aren't even really thought of as GotY material since they don't have like a traditional story (Souls series etc.). If Bloodborne was released last year it might have won though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Wait what, DAI got GOTY?

DAI was pretty bad.
    I would have made Shadow of Mordor GOTY because DA:I was just so damn bloated with all the pointless side stuff and empty maps. The main story was way too short and the rest was just side content that didn't even have any decisions and was just way too lackluster and I don't even want to start on the war-table which was just a lazy excuse to cut actual side content. BW wanted to create a pseudo MMO but failed miserably while Shadow of Mordor created something new and exciting with the Nemesis system (I loved the heck out of that game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I would have made Shadow of Mordor GOTY because DA:I was just so damn bloated with all the pointless side stuff and empty maps. The main story was way too short and the rest was just side content that didn't even have any decisions and was just way too lackluster and I don't even want to start on the war-table which was just a lazy excuse to cut actual side content. BW wanted to create a pseudo MMO but failed miserably while Shadow of Mordor created something new and exciting with the Nemesis system (I loved the heck out of that game).
    Completely agree, I loved Shadow of Mordor. I bought it on a whim, such a great purchase. I got my moneys worth out of that game. Even went and bought the season pass which is something I've never done before. The nemesis system was super fun. Best Lord of the Rings game since Battle of Middle Earth 2. The only reason they didn't get GOTY is because the award a sham like the Oscars. It's sold to the highest bidder. Like most big name reviews.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Completely agree, I loved Shadow of Mordor. I bought it on a whim, such a great purchase. I got my moneys worth out of that game. Even went and bought the season pass which is something I've never done before. The nemesis system was super fun. Best Lord of the Rings game since Battle of Middle Earth 2. The only reason they didn't get GOTY is because the award a sham like the Oscars. It's sold to the highest bidder. Like most big name reviews.
    Or because it was repetitive, had awful boss fights and copypasted Batman Arkham combat with a sword added to it. Not that I didn't enjoy it but it's not GotY material in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Wait what, DAI got GOTY?

DAI was pretty bad.
    2014 sucked but Bayonetta 2 or Sunset Overdrive should have won GOTY over the over hyped single player MMO grind known as DAI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    GOTY doesn't mean anything. There are literally thousands of GOTY awards.
    Only a handful that actually matter, and DAI won the majority of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Or because it was repetitive, had awful boss fights and copypasted Batman Arkham combat with a sword added to it. Not that I didn't enjoy it but it's not GotY material in my book.
    Neither is Dragon Age Inquisition. With it's generic lore/characters, awfully boring story and glitchy unplayable combat (at least on the PC). Not to mention the cookie cutter MMO-style 'side quests' littered around every zone. I use to love Bioware but lately they really make it hard for me to like their games. They need to get new writers and actually put effort into making the world interesting and worth investigating. Dragon Age: Origins might have not been perfect but it was far more entertaining than Inquisition. I felt forced to finish it by the end.

Honestly there was not game worthy of the GOTY award last year. That said I would have handed it to Shadow of Mordor over DA:I.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know he was in the game. Just another reason to love it. I'm not a big fan of Game Of Thrones but I absolutely loved his character. He and Little Finger are my favorites.

Check

I noticed straight away it was him.

Deleted
    So, 1,5 year ago my friend build a pc for me since I understand jack shit of those specs.
    I see GTX 770 being thrown around in this thread as a video card that would be good for the witcher 3.

What kind of settings do you guys think I can play this game with, i prefer high. I doubt I'm going to get ultra.
    But if I wanted to get ultra high settings, what should I upgrade?

=====
    Processor/CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
    Installed RAM: 8GB [7.88 available]
    Type system: 64 bit
    GPU: Geforce GTX 780 Driver version: 350.12
    SSD: 143 GB of 232 GB available, Hard drive: 1,55 TB of 1,81 TB available
    =================
    Thanks in advance.

Also on topic: It's awesome they got Tywin as a voice actor. He has one of the best voices I've heard lately.
    If only they get Garrus's his voice actor in and we are golden!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    Check

I noticed straight away it was him.
    Hadn't seen that trailer yet. Awesome.

It's kinda funny that Charles Dance who plays Tywinn Lannister also played this guy............

He's come a long way lol.
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip.
    He also did

Skip to 1:50, it hurts linking it D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    --snip--
    LMAO I forgot about that scene. Haven't seen the movie in ages. Bilbo Baggins was in it too lol.
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly there was not game worthy of the GOTY award last year. That said I would have handed it to Shadow of Mordor over DA:I.
    I dunno, 2014 for me was a pretty good year.

CHILD OF LIGHT
    Dark Souls II
    Divinity: Original Sin
    South Park Stick of Truth
    Alien Isolation
    SSB

Then of course Dragon Age: I and Shadows of Mordor.

DA:I and Shadows of Mordor might not have been as good as other GOTYs from previous years, but they were both good games. Great, even. I don't think a year needs 1-2 huge, blockbuster, highly successful AAA games to be considered a good year. Consistently good games to keep me busy is enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post

CHILD OF LIGHT
    Dark Souls II
    Alien Isolation
    SSB

DA:I and Shadows of Mordor might not have been as good as other GOTYs from previous years, but they were both good games. Great, even. I don't think a year needs 1-2 huge, blockbuster, highly successful AAA games to be considered a good year. Consistently good games to keep me busy is enough for me.
    Ye you've pretty much summed it up how I would of. especially with Child of Light and Divinity: OS. I would also add Wolfenstein, my GOTY.
    Last edited by JP1o; 2015-04-30 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post

CHILD OF LIGHT
    Dark Souls II
    Alien Isolation
    SSB

Compared to 2011 and 2013, 2014 looks like a joke. That doesn't mean no good games came out in 2014, just means it was an underwhelming year overall.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, half of this year's AAA titles are 2014 titles that got delayed into 2015.

Wasn't Child of light half finished and missing huge chunks of content? It was supposedly supposed to have multiple endings or such but it was rushed out the door before it was finished cause money.