Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    The whole thing reminds me of Aliens: Colonial Marines. The game doesn't even look or run like anything they showed us and every review site gave Rome 2 high scores (it's almost like they only played 5 min and then decided to review it).

I really hope they fix the game before they push out more DLCs. It would be a gigantic cockslap to the face if they pushed out more faction DLC (and blood DLC, you know it's coming) before actually fixing it.

lol colonial marines was probably worse, the gameplay and demos they showed before release wasn't even actual game footage, it was basically a level tailored for the demo and totally different on release. still, at least it worked on release i suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Anybody fancy trying some multiplayer campain mode at some point?
    Is multiplayer campaign something that you can team up in or is it a more fancy 1v1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    Is multiplayer campaign something that you can team up in or is it a more fancy 1v1?
    its coop campaign as in 2 vs everyone else

but do you really want to add internet lag to all the bugs and broken shit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Anybody fancy trying some multiplayer campain mode at some point?
    Good luck with that when ending turns takes hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    its coop campaign as in 2 vs everyone else

but do you really want to add internet lag to all the bugs and broken shit?
    Its not even internet lag, me and my brother LAN'd a multiplayer campaign on release day and we've tried after every patch, its just near unplayable in multiplayer, even with the PC physically linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Its not even internet lag, me and my brother LAN'd a multiplayer campaign on release day and we've tried after every patch, its just near unplayable in multiplayer, even with the PC physically linked.
    Even if it worked, wouldnt there still be the problem that a game which provides no challenge in singleplayer will be even worse in coop?

10+ Year Old Account
    id imagine adding another player to the game (coop) would make turns last sooooo much longer than they already do..

10+ Year Old Account
    id imagine adding another player to the game (coop) would make turns last sooooo much longer than they already do..
    from my experience (from shogun 2) that's actually not really a problem, as the two players can control most stuff at the same time - just with one of them having to wait a little until the commands are executed, much like you'd give construction or marching orders that take several turns in singleplayer. and battles can always be fought together, even if only one player's troops are involved.

however, i did hear that in rome 2 mp the time it takes for the ai factions to do their turn is even worse than in singleplayer, for whatever reason. plus desynchronises and additional crashes are very common.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    from my experience (from shogun 2) that's actually not really a problem, as the two players can control most stuff at the same time - just with one of them having to wait a little until the commands are executed, much like you'd give construction or marching orders that take several turns in singleplayer. and battles can always be fought together, even if only one player's troops are involved.

however, i did hear that in rome 2 mp the time it takes for the ai factions to do their turn is even worse than in singleplayer, for whatever reason. plus desynchronises and additional crashes are very common.
    Rome 2 has more restrictions on what you can do during your co-op player's turn. You can look at almost everything, but can't really do anything.

And yes, AI time in co-op is much worse than in single player, about 5 times longer (or more), but I haven't had a chance to play since last Friday's patch, so I can't say if they actually improved it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I haven't had a chance to play since last Friday's patch, so I can't say if they actually improved it or not.
    shall i take a guess? :x

Deleted
    When we first tried it on release day, it took around 10 minutes each turn to play through the NPC factions. And then we'd de sync after around turn 50 or so. They've improved the turn times so it takes around 2 minutes now and added a resync detection, but its still nowhere as good as Shogun 2's multiplayer campaign was, which makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    its still nowhere as good as Shogun 2's multiplayer campaign was, which makes no sense.
    actually, shogun 2 co-op campaign was pretty much unplayable for many people due to desyncs too, at release. they just fixed it months later.
    not that that's excuse for the same happening in rome 2, of course - in fact, quite the opposite.

Finally took the time to start up the game with my new graphics card. Still fugly as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Finally took the time to start up the game with my new graphics card. Still fugly as hell.
    I plan to build a new rig next spring and hopefully, by then, patches and mods will have addressed most of Rome 2's many many problems.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

SUCH a joke of a game design. 1 turn in the desert, 1 single turn, and all my units are now half hit points, without any fight. I had 14 units of Praetorians/Evocati, now I have half of that, and I need to retreat back in the nearest city, because there are no settlements near to conquer. What a headache...

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    SUCH a joke of a game design. 1 turn in the desert, 1 single turn, and all my units are now half hit points, without any fight. I had 14 units of Praetorians/Evocati, now I have half of that, and I need to retreat back in the nearest city, because there are no settlements near to conquer. What a headache...
    Pretty easy to avoid, if you see a skull where your mousecursor is dont move there.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Less than a month since release, and there are currently 33 people watching streams of Rome II on Twitch. Ouch.

I wouldn't think that a game like Rome 2 would have many twitch viewers to begin with.

15+ Year Old Account
    twitch only strives from people who watch League of Legends, and i have no idea how people find that entertaining. ive watched a couple and they are boring as hell. sometimes during like finals of some league can be good but other than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Twitch actually used as a measurement of the success of a game?