Poll: What do you think of 5.3?

Thread: Day 1 Verdicts

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Day 1 Verdicts

So 5.3 has been out for less than a day-- which is basically enough time to experience all the content in this terrible patch (wow, guess that gave away all my opinion already).

Thoughts from what you've seen so far?

Poll inc.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    So 5.3 has been out for less than a day-- which is basically enough time to experience all the content in this terrible patch (wow, guess that gave away all my opinion already).

Thoughts from what you've seen so far?

Poll inc.
    Seems more like a troll than a poll.

[This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-05-22 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know 5.3 is like 5.1, its a filler patch, not a major patch. its to add a little more content and story inbetween major patches. it actually looks quite big for a filler patch, a lot of pvp changes, i think thats the main focus of the patch really, fixing the abomination that pvp is right now.
    dragonmaw - EU

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a filler patch I think it's pretty awesome. The new resource farming reminds me of Vanilla in that I can dictate when I want to spend time progressing my character. I don't need to be limited by completing x number of dailies a day, I can spend as long as I want farming crap. It's not 100% great, as the weekly still limits you on that item...but it's much better than being forced into doing an activity every day or else.

The story is pretty good as well.

Now secondary systems got a lot of upgrades/content. Pet collectors have many new pets to get, new transmog system works wonderfully, and overall this patch has a lot of refinement going for it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Seems more like a troll than a poll.
    Pardon? The poll seems... Relatively unbiased as far as I can tell.

My own opinion shouldn't be an influence on what the reader wants or votes.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    you know 5.3 is like 5.1, its a filler patch, not a major patch. its to add a little more content and story inbetween major patches. it actually looks quite big for a filler patch, a lot of pvp changes, i think thats the main focus of the patch really, fixing the abomination that pvp is right now.
    The difference, in my mind, is that 5.1 was good. Interesting story, interesting rewards (the 5.1 valor items were very useful for those of us who were still having some trouble progressing).

But the story content is really the difference. 5.1's story content was much more engaging, I feel, and if you compare them as story patches, 5.3 just pales.

Maybe 5.1 set my expectations too high.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account

The difference, in my mind, is that 5.1 was good. Interesting story, interesting rewards (the 5.1 valor items were very useful for those of us who were still having some trouble progressing).

But the story content is really the difference. 5.1's story content was much more engaging, I feel, and if you compare them as story patches, 5.3 just pales.

Well I can't let you know my opinion yet, it's not live on eu yet
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Well I can't let you know my opinion yet, it's not live on eu yet
    Your opinion like the poll is inconsequential to activision and how they run that division to their parent company vivendi SA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is great so far. Been enjoying the challenge mode scenarios which forced us to actually work for our reward (useless reward, though, sadly), PvP tonight has been a blast compared to yesterday, some interesting storylines...yeah. I'm enjoying it.

Well, the servers are down for me, so I can't farm me some resources. But I like the idea. However, I do wish there was a bit more content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spent 25 minutes waiting for a game of Deepwind Gorge. Had to give up as I just wanted to check it out before I started work. So I'm a tad concerned about wait times for bgs.

I'll give it a few weeks though before I worry!

15+ Year Old Account
    i think it was pretty much what they told me it would be so..

Havnt tried the pvp additions yet. But im already done with the quests and have my title. Not a fan. 5.4 better drop soon.

Way too early to say, still time for hotfixes on issues and the normaly buff/nerf period a week or two in. This is just about as foolish as the ppl that fly off the handle when they read notes for features that aren't even live yet.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Didn't have a lot of time to enjoy it today. Managed to do the quests though. Tomorrow I'll be hopefully farming for the vanity items and such.

Hell, I still need to do Brawler's Guild. Not even close to experience the new bosses.

That, and I need to level up my DK now that the XP is lowered and will be PvPing with him.
    So all in all, this patch has given me personally a lot of content.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'm enjoying it so far. My alts are getting some much needed love.

for pve content it's great patch
    for pvp it's worst patch ever with all this mess

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe wait a bit till EU can give their opinion too...

I'll bite. Poll is bias - what does content have to do with quality of the patch? It wasn't even a content patch..."WAH, MY MAC AND CHEESE DOESN'T HAVE A PIZZA IN IT! THIS FOOD SUCKS!"

As far as the OP - it looked more like a "this patch sucks" post than a "how are you guys liking 5.3?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    The poll is fine. Stop harping on it, please.

Idiotic changes to classes.

"hey, you know... BM is still a bit overpowered in pvp. What should we do about it? Should we tweak stampede a bit more? I know, lets effectively remove one of their CC's entirely, and mask it as a boon for the other 2 specs!"