Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    It's supposed to be a tragedy! The show is certainly designed to cut you deep.
    does a good job of it. too good. i can't watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    does a good job of it. too good. i can't watch it.
    Yeah, I was a miserable wreck at the end, no doubt about that. I haven't sobbed that hard for fiction before in my life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was a miserable wreck at the end, no doubt about that. I haven't sobbed that hard for fiction before in my life.
    no no. you misunderstand. all i can muster is about 4 episodes into the series, and then i remember what people told me about various points in the series and i can't even force myself to watch anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    no no. you misunderstand. all i can muster is about 4 episodes into the series, and then i remember what people told me about various points in the series and i can't even force myself to watch anymore.
    Oh wow, facing defeat before you even get to the actual challenge!

I went into Clannad knowing that After Story would be rough, though I managed to avoid any specifics as to what actually happens, all I knew was that it was a school anime in Clannad that turns tearjerker in After Story. This meant that everything that happened was new for me and there were many "NO! NO! NO! NO! FUCK! NOOOOOO!" moments to be had.

EDIT WITH SPOILERS: I was in permanent "NO! NO! NO! NO! FUCK! NOOOOOO!" mode from the moment that Ushio initially got sick through till the... FUCK!
    Last edited by Radio; 2013-12-05 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT WITH SPOILERS: I was in permanent "NO! NO! NO! NO! FUCK! NOOOOOO!" mode from the moment that Ushio initially got sick through till the... FUCK!
    AFDaskfasdjlfjasdf; asdfasd;fj sdaj

you're pouring salt on my open wound

This is a million times worse than a certain episode of Valkyria Chronicles...my previous heart break.

I need to stop thinking about this

Clannad After Story is probably my absolute favorite. I can't even listen to the soundtrack on youtube without being remembered of ep16...
    *opens youtube: The palm of a tiny hand* -> sadness

I found Angel Beats to be pretty good. Not nearly as amazing as Clannad though. The end got me a little bit, but in my opinion it doesn't make much sense (or is at least not explained well enough).

It is beautiful melancholy.

You can't be afraid of the water before you take the plunge that isn't fair. This is an experience everyone should have and it is damn good.

Clannad is great, but Angel Beats is just meh.. it was alright. It's got good points, but it's not as strong as many other anime I have seen. The ending was faaar faaar too rushed.

Oh wow, facing defeat before you even get to the actual challenge!

I went into Clannad knowing that After Story would be rough, though I managed to avoid any specifics as to what actually happens, all I knew was that it was a school anime in Clannad that turns tearjerker in After Story. This meant that everything that happened was new for me and there were many "NO! NO! NO! NO! FUCK! NOOOOOO!" moments to be had.

I spoiled myself before After Story aired. I watched the shoddy movie for Clannad which completely spoiled what was going to happen, mind you some things were changed at the end. I did know that Nagisa was going to die, but in the movie Ushio lives. I also know people who like the movie's ending better than the anime, I kind of disagree but it's all personal preference.

Still, even knowing what was going to happen it fucking hit me like a truck and I was depressed the entire weekend following after I had watched the episode where Nagisa died. It only got worse from that point too.

:C
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-12-07 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Look at the title of after story, and it should be pretty obvious. After story is in my opinion the better of the two, but it relies greatly on you already knowing the characters, by watching the first season.

Also i don't get why people like angel beats so much. It looked gorgeous and had a good sound track, but that's really all good i can say about it, the story itself was a huge rushed mess. Maybe it could have been a solid show if it was twice as long, but as it is it just felt like forced drama after forced drama about characters you didn't care about because they barely had any screentime.
    Ya Clannad was way cheesy, but sitting through it was worth is to make After Story that much better. Also, I think Fuko would be confusing as hell to people that didn't watch Clannad first.

I agree with you about Angel Beats feeling rushed, but I still enjoyed it and got a decent amount of feels. Both of these series in fact are enough to reduce the most manly of men to tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I was visiting a friend and we didn't have much to do, so she asked me if I know of any good movies or series. "Sure, I've got this anime called Clannad, it's the most brutal thing I've ever watched!".

I've spent the next hour and a half concealing teary eyes while we were watching, because... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Nl9A2a4_I
    I tear up every time I watch that video.

Clannad is just.. fuck. ;_;
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Anohana is another great emotional anime

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    To all considering watching Clannad, be warned.
    It's the most touching series i've ever seen, i'm a pretty sensitive guy, easily being touched and even crying a little at sad scene. But it's no anything major and it passes soon after.
    However, after i'd watched Clannad, I was crying for 2 days after, and nothing I did could make it go away. So if you are as sensitive as me, be warned.

i watched clannad after story again cus of this thread, my gawd i cried again....
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched Clannad yet, mostly because I hear it's sad as hell. I did watch Angel Beats, it was okay had it's high points but not one of my favorites.

A bit off-topic but the most recent anime I've seen was Eve no Jikan it's one of the best anime movies, and probably one of the best android themed anime movies I've seen in a long time. Amazingly this film was funded through kickstarter. If you are a fan of Issac Asimov's I, Robot you should probably give this film a viewing.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.