Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Recount. Clique. Grid.

Those 3 are absolute musts for me. Without some form of healing meter I feel lost. I like to see if I'm failing and need to step it up, or if I'm timing my heals well and keeping up with the rest of the healers.

Deadly Boss Mods.

Am I really the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by Meowse View Post
    For my healers: Grid, Clique, and Quartz.
    For my DPS (all casters): Recount, TidyPlates, and Quartz.
    For my tanks: VisualCombatTable and TidyPlates/ThreatPlates.

For all roles: WeakAuras and OmniCC.

It's not a matter of one addon I can't live without. If I'm missing any of these addons, my performance goes way, way down. They let me save my attention for the situation in the game, rather than spending most of it scanning the UI for "critical, *need-to-know* information". I can play with none of them. But I can't play as well without all of them.

P.S. For convenience (things I can live without, but REALLY don't want to): AutoRepair, Crap Away!, Gatherer, SpamMeNot,
    definatly yes on the qaurtz being always there, i play mainly caster dps so i love that and have tried other cast bars but always went back to qaurtz

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one? Tidy plates. I could go without everything else because Blizz has improved general UI function a shit load through the years but name plates... ugh. I can't live without the option of non targeted name plates fading out and the sleek look of it. Just makes gameplay so much better plus on classes like rogue your CP will charge on the targets nameplate above their head so you can focus completely on them and not have to do the move portrait down to the middle center which just looks weird to me.

2nd runner up would probably be Auctionator because it's amazing and easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Yummy View Post
    Deadly Boss Mods.

Am I really the first one?
    Haven't used DBM since cata, don't see the need for it anymore. Never really liked using it in the first place, I'd rather learn myself.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2013-09-17 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bartender. Although I would probably stop using the Auction House as much as I do if I didn't have postal : |

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Gearscore
    2009 called they want their addon back

ont: list of addons i need (not all i use but once i actually cba to play without!)
    1.NPC Scan
    2.Bagnon
    3.Bartender
    4.Altoholic
    5.Prat
    6.Recount
    7.TitanPanel
    8.X-Perl
    9.DBM

i use alot more than these though but these are the most essential.

Bartender is the must-have. I could adapt to losing the others, but not being able to shuffle my bars around would just...ugh, no. Default Blizz UI BAAAAD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Auctioneer. Also Deadly boss mods.

Bartender
    Bagnon.

That's all really, and bagnon = I CAN play without it but without Bartender is...I can't do it anymore. I hate, HATE the default ui...

Boss mods, AH-addons, auras etc etc are nice but I played through entire ICC up to Sindragosa without ever using DBM and it was just fine. Didn't perform worse than the raiders using it. At Sindra the RL required us to use that addon that later got banned...the one showing rings and such on the ground. I began using DBM after the first runs through ICC when a fellow guildie called me a n00b for not using it <.<.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2013-09-17 at 08:04 PM.

LOL. any form of UI that someone else put together for you is inherently flawed.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Grid and Quartz. I'd have a hard time healing effectively if I didn't have those two.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Bartender is the must-have. I could adapt to losing the others, but not being able to shuffle my bars around would just...ugh, no. Default Blizz UI BAAAAD.
    although I agree with you from a quick glance once in a while to confirm I am using the right ability standpoint, if you are keybound you really dont need to have the buttons in any particular order. for instance my world markers are keybound to an invisible bartender bar.
    Last edited by judgementofantonidas; 2013-09-17 at 08:10 PM.

weak auras/dominos

10+ Year Old Account
    The single addon i cannot live without would be Bartender. Complete game changer when i found that one, along with the /kb function.

Addons i can live without but would not be a very happy player: ElvUI, DBM, GTFO, Postal, Auctionator, Skada, TimeToDie.

I consider those quality of life addons that make various aspects of the game a little simpler but not impossible. If blizz decided to restrict every client to the default bars/setup i would probably find a new game! the default is no where near enough.

Tie between bagnon (man I hate all those bags) and auctionator. Can't go back now that I know the convenience of auctionator.

A few years ago I would have said DBM, but I've been playing so long that bosses are a cakewalk and I don't need that voice telling me to run away little girl every 30 seconds.

X-Perl is also nice, it beautifies the UI a bit, but it's not mandatory for me like the 2 mentioned above are.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

It depends on what you mean by the title. I can play the game without any addons, but I can't play it as effectively if I don't have Weak Auras.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Altoholic probably

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    The single addon i cannot live without would be Bartender. Complete game changer when i found that one, along with the /kb function.

Addons i can live without but would not be a very happy player: ElvUI, DBM, GTFO, Postal, Auctionator, Skada, TimeToDie.

I consider those quality of life addons that make various aspects of the game a little simpler but not impossible. If blizz decided to restrict every client to the default bars/setup i would probably find a new game! the default is no where near enough.
    well, you should try playing beta pre addon some time. in a word, it IS possible. not a load of fun though.

The list is so very long, but I've recently started using AdiBags, and I do not want another bag mod than this one. Ever.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, the most essential is Altoholic.