Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

game is updated

my favorite game holiday of the year, yay

Well, I got all excited about this:

New, exclusive faces have been added to the Total Makeover Kit. Three new faces for each race and gender have been added for a total of 30 new faces that can only be acquired from the Total Makeover Kit in the Gem Store.
    Until I saw this:

http://dulfy.net/2013/12/10/gw2-new-...ver-kit-faces/

X_X

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Until I saw this:

X_X

Dat sylvari face... :O

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Until I saw this:

X_X
    The Norn with the scratched out eye is pretty cool.

I enjoyed the conclusion of the Nightmare series. They put in some questy investigate/solve stuff in the story instance and Kessex Hills looks rather war-torn now.

The human ones are just face options that were exclusive to gender and now they are not.

Really lame.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one seeing the sylvari without a nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Am I the only one seeing the sylvari without a nose?
    does a plant have a nose to begin with?

dat stoned asuran female face

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a purty dwayna back piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    That is a purty dwayna back piece.
    It is. It has some nice animations also, the feathers have that floaty, wispy, moving with the breeze kind of effect when you turn and the whites and golds pulse softly.

Ooh, there's also a kind of glitter effect - like a falling sprinkling of small gold particles coming from the back.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-12-10 at 09:58 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I enjoyed the conclusion of the Nightmare series. They put in some questy investigate/solve stuff in the story instance and Kessex Hills looks rather war-torn now.
    I enjoyed the original instance and this new end-instance is nice also, it was just the tower itself that irked me.

The followup stuff in Kessex wasn't explained at all though, just look at your achievements to figure stuff out I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    game is updated

my favorite game holiday of the year, yay
    It seems everything is available from the start this year? I wonder if/what they'll add in two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

It seems everything is available from the start this year? I wonder if/what they'll add in two weeks?
    Seems like most stuff is. I doubt they will have an update in two weeks, they are taking the holidays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Seems like most stuff is. I doubt they will have an update in two weeks, they are taking the holidays off.
    They've said this Living Story should last until January 21st. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...ear-in-review/

So, those wings are a rare RNG drop from Wintersday gifts, and the wings themselves are account bound so unless you can make them yourself you'll never have them? Well, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I enjoyed the original instance and this new end-instance is nice also, it was just the tower itself that irked me.

The followup stuff in Kessex wasn't explained at all though, just look at your achievements to figure stuff out I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I love the Tower. Feel Nightmare stuff is the most underrated of all the LS updates.

I'm not surprised the Kessex Hills stuff isn't explained all that well. The truth is that GW2 uses its Achievements as Quest Replacements. Instead of going to the ! nearby, you pop open the Achievement panel. It's not a great replacement, but its okay if its communicated to the player better that this is essentially what they're doing. It's not communicated though.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Ah, I love the Tower. Feel Nightmare stuff is the most underrated of all the LS updates.
    I didn't really find it engaging. Either there was a zerg (no threat) or nobody (no chance). The chambers were neat enough, but the maze was just not scaled well IMO.

I'm not surprised the Kessex Hills stuff isn't explained all that well. The truth is that GW2 uses its Achievements as Quest Replacements. Instead of going to the ! nearby, you pop open the Achievement panel. It's not a great replacement, but its okay if its communicated to the player better that this is essentially what they're doing. It's not communicated though.
    Well, I may be a little unfair in that, I guess. They do mention the followup in the patch notes to an extent. The actual story, you get the email, you hop to Kessex and enter the instance. It's fun, tidy and engaging, IMO. Then when you leave, there's stuff out in the world in Kessex that CAN be done (and mapchat/achievements will give info), but it's not really "story", so I guess it doesn't... "matter".

I mean, the meta reward is a key, I'm more interested in the achievement points since the keys I used were never very rewarding.

I felt the maze showed their most refined and criticism-influenced set of design in game. You can zerg, but it never played like a zerg. It played more like Saving Private Ryan. The nature of the Tower would sometimes split people up and lead to trouble. It also created a desire for support builds to help get through. As opposed to Invasions, Champ Farming, or the Pavilion, you couldn't just run through with torches and swords and guns blazing. It was trying and encouraged natural cooperative play. The champ bosses were also a good challenge. The rooms and maze nature would split up the zerg. A good Tower run had people sticking together, helping each other, being aware of surrounding and using a mix of builds that aren't all DPS based.

My experience with the tower (and I was in and out of there several times thanks in part to those damn tri-keys*) is that it was something to rush through to get to the top. If players did exist who enjoyed the rest of it for what it was, they were few and far between from what I saw. In fact, on several occasions the zergs tried to outright skip the events (which they couldn't, of course). I certainly never came across any groups putzing around it for fun. It basically just served as a multi-tiered gauntlet. Maybe that was the intent, I don't know.

* I'm so annoyed that there's ANOTHER tri-chest achievement, especially after I burned what keys I had left (which would have completed the achievement for me) thinking the chest would be gone with the tower. ARGH.

Also, I'm hoping they do something about that wurm queen. The only non-champion, who has the highest respawn by a very large margin, and only does the shockwave attack you're supposed to dodge once per battle. Whee. Yeah, that's not tedious.