Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    same scalling as we have now, so garbage, get 10000000000 agility to gain 1k dps or 1 dps since they probably doing the squish thingy.

no raid CD as the only class (not counting mages and WW).

mid to lowest dps wise since we will be dpsing on the move still.

unbalance as hell in pvp and weak as hell in pve.

we are going to be the 1st class that is left out on 1st tier last boss, we will be useless for it, just like in MOP will we were garbage along with empress and sha. warlocks were just outshining everyone else but mages. hunters dead last from pure and almost dead last from all classes.

i dont think much will change other than the same thing they try to do every xpac, change our playstyle and failing doing so, ergo aimshot back to cast time with same drawbacks as before (stoping autoshots from going off and reseting the timmer on them), focus 1st implementation that it was too low income, no scalling from weapons or pretty much anything that isnt agility.

they said KC wasnt planed to be BM main shot, 5 year if not 6 and is the same.
    they said Black Arrow was just to fill a gap in SV talent tree we still have it (this was at the end of ulduar when they wanted us to get lnl procs in pve but didnt want us to trap dance)

they said they will scale all our shots with weapon damage the 2 spec i played this xpac have main shots still attached to ATP, one of the main reasons of our awfull scalling.

they wont get rid of aspects because we wont have anything to be buff after that unless they start making hunters mark be the new "here some buffs for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    Was there any explanation given as to why hunters won't have the same revamp warlocks did?
    Warlocks had that dev who was really passionate about the class and he even posted regularly on MMOC warlock forum and asked peoples opinions etc, pretty much the perfect dev you could wish. I believe he was pretty much pushing the revamp through. He ended up getting kicked because he was a bit too loud on disagreeing with the other devs about Cataclysm spell the warlocks had for a while. I can't remember how he ended up getting kicked because of that but anyways.

So I guess we miss the dev who really has the passionate for it and doesn't fear revamping the class even though he would get hate from some people definately.
    Last edited by Kuul; 2013-12-25 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    [*]Cobra Shot no longer refreshes Serpent Sting.
    Why? it's not like re-applying it makes you skillful or something, going back to having to manually refresh it (pretty much one dot) will be annoying. We're not a dot class. If SrS gave us some benefit for multi-dotting, then that'd be different.

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    Was there any explanation given as to why hunters won't have the same revamp warlocks did? I played both of these classes, and I'd say hunter revamp would be more justified than warlock's.
    Imo, MM should have a minimal penalty if you wanted to play with a pet, BM same thing but reversed, and survival more interaction with traps.
    They stated that it's unlikely for any class to get changes to that degree, necessary or not, because it alienates players who did like the old playstyle and that Warlock numbers actually decreased overall despite their incredibly high representation in heroic progression raiding.

The good thing is that Hunters don't even that degree of changes. If I were to suggest anything it would be

-Make Aimed Shot a more involved part of Marksmanship gameplay through increased spec synergy.
    -Give Marks actual AoE.
    -Replace Arcane Shot for all specs by a spec specific ability that unlocks at level 10, akin to the base dot on the MoP beta that turned into Immolate or Corruption for Warlocks. Pet synergistic shot for BM (tack the Focus Fire mechanic to it for example,) Bola Shot for Survival, and a pistol style low cost mobility shot for Marks.
    -Redo the lvl75 talents
    -Replace Snipe and Bola with a Heroic Majordomo style Sniper Training and an AoE/cleave modifier like ricocheting on certain shots or auto shots. Snipe given to Marksmanship.

Lower key changes that would offer a lot in terms of spec flavor and identity without Warlock style of drastic changes and resource systems.

edit: And remove Hunter's Mark or make it a cooldown.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-12-25 at 06:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Or just take the concept of "applied dot" and rework it slightly.

SV: Serpent Stine, a poisonous shot that inflicts X nature damage over 15 seconds. Can be extended by Cobra Shot.
    MM: Piercing Shot, a shot that penetrates the target's armor and causes them to bleed for X damage over 15 seconds.
    -----Aimed Shot: A powerful aimed shot that deals 450% ranged weapon damage. If the target is affected by Piercing Shot, Aimed Shot does an additional X% damage.
    EDIT: If it's not obvious, the concept here is the aimed shot takes advantage of the opening exposed by the Piercing Shot.
    BM: Maim Command: Gives the command to Maim, causing your pet to instantly inflict X damage and an additional X damage over 15 seconds.

*shrug* just random thoughts, I don't really expect serpent sting to go away but there are ways they could keep the same rough idea but make it more appropriate for the various specs.
    I like that idea for MM. Maybe replace Chimera Shot to Piercing Shot. I've always found it odd that a Marksman has a shot in his arsenal that magically heals you X amount.

Some other points I'd like to add:

1. Sniper Training for MM. Staying still for X secs increases the damage done with Aimed Shot by X amount. (You know staying still and Aiming and stuff :P). Maybe change MM mastery to synergize with Sniper Training.
    2. Hunter's Mark as a personal offensive CD. I really hate how most of the stuff we do is just fire and forget.
    3. Aspect of the pack/cheetah as an active speed boost.
    4. Aspect of the Iron Hawk as a personal defensive cd.
    5. Aspect of the Hawk changed to baseline. Maybe add a minor glyph that makes a hawk hover over your head. I've always wanted a hawk on my shoulder
    6. Add a mechanic so that MM does more damage the farther the hunter is from the target.
    7. Replace Arcane Shot(again, a Sniper doing magic damage! wut? ) with Quick Shot. Make it the focus dump of choice when in short range and Aimed Shot is the focus dump when in long range

EDIT : Forgot the most important one.. REWORK AIMED SHOT RESETTING AUTO SHOT SWING TIMERS!!
    Last edited by Raicky; 2013-12-25 at 06:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    -Replace Snipe and Bola with a Heroic Majordomo style Sniper Training
    Not the first time I see that being mentioned; I was on a break during that patch, what kind of buff was it?

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    Not the first time I see that being mentioned; I was on a break during that patch, what kind of buff was it?
    You had a concentration bar that reset every time you took any damage. Once the bar is filled completely you gain 100% damage/healing increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post
    You had a concentration bar that reset every time you took any damage. Once the bar is filled completely you gain 100% damage/healing increase.
    Doesn't sound much different from the sniper training talent we had back in Wrath - it was Survival only iirc.

yeah lets bring back the garbage from the past as sniper training, BRING BACK EYES OF THE BEAST AND VOLEY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    yeah lets bring back the garbage from the past as sniper training, BRING BACK EYES OF THE BEAST AND VOLEY!!!
    Sniper Training back in a more interesting form makes a hell of a lot more sense as a class talent skill than the painfully long cast time we'll have with Snipe that also makes more sense to be Marksmanship exclusive.

Give it say 1% more damage per second up to a 10% cap (numbers just for examples here) but you lose it on movement. Similar to the Domo buff but moving instead of taking damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I may not be a 90 hunter but I do enjoy hunters and think they are cool. I would love for them to add elemental arrows or cooler shots into the game. I feel that hunters lack that kind of flavor that other MMOs have.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    They're not gonna bring back Eyes of the Beast. GC already said that its never gonna happen. And I dont get why most hunters want it back. Sure its unique and fun and adds flavor and all, but that's not gonna make anything better for us as a DPS class. The major problems for Hunters now is useless button bloat ,spec homogenization ,terrible scaling and lack of useful cds. We're the only pure DPS class who does mediocre damage where only 2 specs are viable for high end PVE and both those specs have exactly the same playstyle.

Sniper training makes a lot of sense for MM both aesthetically and spec wise. That's what a Sniper oriented class is all about. Slow big hits, standing still and doing truckloads of damage. And I agree with the other guy, Snipe would make a hell of a lot sense if it was MM only. A BM hunter or a Survival Hunter isn't supposed to be 'Sniping'.

did anyone really find sniper training a fun ability? I just found it clunky and not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspear View Post
    did anyone really find sniper training a fun ability? I just found it clunky and not fun.
    Sniper training as it was back then was clunky, I agree. I remember moving 1 step to avoid an spell and then losing sniper training and having to stand still 6 secs all over again just to get it back.

What a lot of people here(including me) are suggesting is something along the lines of concentration bar on heroic majordomo.You stay still it increases the damage done by X each second upto a certain cap. You move and lose the same X amount per sec you dont stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Hunters are currently boring as fuck because every spec is like.... The same. 1 or 2 different abilities here and there but it's pretty much the damn same. Almost as bad as rogues ATM.
    Hunters might be the fastest paced class of all (I have all classes at 80+ except mage and shaman). You just need to have the right talent / spec combo. I'm finishing to level mine to 90 (89 now), and I've never been so hardcore on my keyboard (Beastmaster). Having to play with traps, dots, pet switching targets, triggering haste at the right time (when focus is zero), run around, switch between Cheetah / Hawk aspect to manage distance and Ice traps, disengaging to jump above a whole pack of mobs to lead them through ice, strafing around, all while delivering a rain of Arcane Shots when Thrill of the Hunt is active.. can just turn into a vicious, hardcore pleasure. And PvP ... oooh Pvp :>
    I wish rogues were like that ...

But as with everytime that I find a spec / talent combo that is *at last* bringing me hardcore gameplay, Blizzard will surely dumb it down.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2013-12-26 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post
    They're not gonna bring back Eyes of the Beast. GC already said that its never gonna happen. And I dont get why most hunters want it back.
    That was sarcasm.....and it was painfully obvious. Obviously not to some, though.

I want something more to seperate good hunters from bad other then CD management. I'd like a proc which change how the rotation is, due to my weak developer skills the only thing I can come up with is a proc that makes serpent sting increase the dmg taken from arcane shot for a set duration, which is would be signicant enough to prio it over explosive shot.
    Other then that I'd love a way to change black arrow into an aoe dot with the same cd ofc, like the same way locks can make their incinerate aoe, which would make our aoe a bit better outside of burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I want something more to seperate good hunters from bad other then CD management.
    That's called "bosses that don't reward/encourage padding", something we've been missing for a long time.

If we're mobile, then make use of it as in the past. Bring back real kiting, actual pulls (not "Derpy the Tank runs in flailing"), and hunters being a significant part of controlling the fight. The current trend of everyone simply smashes out their priority and runs around is boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Sniper Training back in a more interesting form makes a hell of a lot more sense as a class talent skill than the painfully long cast time we'll have with Snipe that also makes more sense to be Marksmanship exclusive.

Give it say 1% more damage per second up to a 10% cap (numbers just for examples here) but you lose it on movement. Similar to the Domo buff but moving instead of taking damage.
    i know what you mean, i just dont think is the right call. sniper training is a really bad design, you would be punish everytime you move an inch while other casters wont get punish for moving 1 inch.

i dont think a mechanic with drawbacks is a good call simple as that, something that reward you because you know how to use it, aka ppl taking extra damage in order to gain buffs like mages and warlocks were going to be this patch, thats the kind of play you want and i just dont agree with you.

autoshot on the move needs to go.
    cobra shot/steady shot on the move needs to go.
    hunters mark makes 0 sense specially as BM hitting 2 dif targets, needs to go.
    kill command as main shot for BM needs to go.
    aimshot retarded mechanics of stoping autoshots needs to go.
    i could keep going but you get the point.

Aspects revamp that I want:

Cheetah: run 30% faster.
    Jaguar: reduced damage from falling
    Shark: Double swim speed
    Fox: reduced aggro radius
    Lizard: regenerate focus twice as fast, out of combat only.

All of them cancelled when you take damage and placed on a 2 second cooldown. Make a major glyph that increases all aspect effects by 25% but increases the cooldown to 3 seconds.

Something like that, just thought of those off the top of my head. Pure utility, NOTHING to do with combat. Bake Aspect of the Hawk into the hunter's base damage.

I would love to see this in WoD.