Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I quit my mage because the level 75 and 90 talents all suck. It was my main since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Im not saying monks were amazing, but you can't look at low numbers a year into them being out and act shocked.
    DKs did not have low numbers after Wrath....
    The only problem I have at all with BrM is that 85% damage nerf we got since I went from doing ok in PvP to being useless.

Quote Originally Posted by cainito View Post
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/ Uh, they are 7th.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/60/default/ Uh, they are 9th.

So, where are they dead last?
    Those logs combine every fight together and some fights SPs do shine but the only time we do is if there is adds or multiple targets and this is merely because of one very overpowered talent, Twist of Fate. Without this one talent we would be the worse dps in the game however because we have it fights like Spoils we destroy and fights like Jugg were dead last :P. If you look specifically at any single target fights with little to no adds (Thokk/Malk/Jugg/Siegecrafter) SPs drop to the bottom, and once you throw movement in there we don't dps anymore lol. Terrible off pull the dps (due to generating 3 shadow orbs solely threw mindblast which has a 8? second CD), 0 CD's (unless we talent it), and 0 movement dps.

SPs have to work hard to be competitive mostly threw Twist of Fate uptimes.
    Last edited by Raone; 2013-12-31 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK frost/unholy. We were all over the place this expansion (such as Festerblight in 5.3) but ended up in most tiers scaling badly and behind all other melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Shadow priest, no doubt about it.
    Inclined to agree. DKs are a second however with Monk in my estimates a preemptive third.
    Their healing / mana is so good, it's going to be a brutal situation in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    In PVE: Holy Priest

In PVP: Wind Walker Monk

From a dps perspective, I would say hunters.

Lots of nerfs in the beginning, abilities changed, removed, nerfed, nerfed more, etc. Mostly thanks to PVP rerollers. Also mid-tier dps the whole xpac and little utility compared to other dps classes. Then of course Marksman being useless the whole xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    In PvE: NO ONE. This expansion was perfect for PvE. Everything is viable.

In PvP: Monk. This is why.
    That data is somewhat biased insomuch that (comparitively) few players picked up a monk to begin with. It makes sense that the least played class is the least represented in PVP.

Call me biased but Shadow Priests...

I've switched to discipline, as it has gotten so bad. Shadow's play style just doesn't fit into the current meta game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Monks by far. They been near botton on all specs in pvp and have had a super roller coaster ride in pve.

second place goes to shadowpriests.
    Shadow Priests beat out Monks by a ton. Coming from a Brewmaster that has raided a while we had one change which was a needed damage nerf I dont call that a roller coaster. As far as WW I never really followed the spec but the only major thing I can remember is the Mastery change and something in 5.1 or 5.2 but then again Ive never really played WW.

As far as MW besides Jab Jab Uplift and Manatea i dont remember much either about their changes but then again never really played it a lot. Basically Brewmasters had one change the entire xpac maybe some really minor ones along the way. Other specs had it MUCH worse than Monks.

To people saying shaman suffered the most (from a pvp perspective) I would have to disagree. This is from someone who played a dps shaman most of the expansion. I railed against the totem silence nerf as a really stupid change but that was mostly because totems were pretty weak (excluding spirit link and healing tide) and shaman didn't have a lot of options to recover against rogues/mages who could blanket us to great effect. That and ghostcrawler made a dumb comment suggesting that this scenario didn't happen often, not understanding that this weakness of shaman is exploited in combination with cc on the healer to ensure a kill in arena. (since shamanistic rage can't be used while silenced either)

Since then totems were buffed pretty hugely (healing tide was made baseline) and dps shamans received better baseline survivability through the lightning shield glyph. I can see the logic in not wanting a unique mechanic like totems being uncounterable. (at least it fixes spirit link OPness in arena) I think it's sad that it took so long for dps shaman to be good but I think they are one of the most balanced classes at the end of MoP. They are strong but have exploitable weaknesses, in stark contrast to warriors. (imo at least, I can't think of any big weaknesses atm)
    Last edited by cynical; 2013-12-31 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early in the expac, Resto druids were getting sniped to hell before we could get a good amount of haste. Now things are pretty amazing +1 to Blizz.

I felt feral was very solid this expac and A LOT of fun.

I played a Warrior pretty extensively this expac, and it was just awful. They need to find a way to buff Arms in PvE, dps was just plain abysmal. But if they buff Arms in PvE, people QQ to hell and back in PvP. /ugh

From my experience, I have been sad about how much monks have suffered. Don't get me wrong, I still love my monk, but I get the feeling that Blizzard is still trying to figure out how to design monks. I have only tried WW a few times, but it felt very clunky and unorganized. It seems like the one "everything you can do I can do better" spec because other melee classes bring so much more utility.

I also need to mention demo lock here. I loved demo in Wrath and Cata, but MOP ruined it. I think the difficulty level of demo was perfect in Cata, but MOP just made it unnecessarily annoying. The fact that they nerfed demo into the ground just because of one trinket boggles my mind.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    From a dps perspective, I would say hunters.

Lots of nerfs in the beginning, abilities changed, removed, nerfed, nerfed more, etc. Mostly thanks to PVP rerollers. Also mid-tier dps the whole xpac and little utility compared to other dps classes. Then of course Marksman being useless the whole xpac.
    Marksman is the top spec in the current tier with very specific gear until you get closer to BiS, but it's still way behind a handful of other classes. Overall agreed on Hunter. Mid tier DPS that brings the least utility in the game.

Deleted
    I think mages, monks and hunters - constant changes, nerfs/buffs, horrible level 90 talents for mages and I really don't like that some of old specialization only spells for mages are talents now (and arcane mage running with ice barrier, spamming living bomb - maybe it's just me, but that's what killed mage for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Holy priest 10man is a big difference, as it's 10x easier and 10x more op. That's not the case for 25 heroics.

-

For dps, I'd say shadow is by far the worst when it's either single target or a gazillion amount of targets. If it's 3-5 targets, they are solid.

-

For tanks, probably warriors and druids, they weren't even taken by most guilds unless they were officers or gms.
    Currently I guess DK tanks aren't really liked much, as they are being outskilled by all other tank classes.
    if your on about 10 man being 10 times easier than 25 then your completely wrong, 25 mans are so much easier by far all exp and as soon as thunder/warforged gear was put in it just made 25 man even easier, in a 25 man guild the gear just flows, in a 10 man your lucky to get 1 upgrade a week therfor your having to push content in much less gear than 25 man raiders have, let alone not one person in a 10 man can slack as one death could mean a wipe. There may be a few fights easier on 10 but more fights on 25 man are much easier.

A player than plays holy well will still do well on healing, they may not be the best mechanic wise but holy has the best throughput healing in the game its just that heals get sniped by other healers quicker than holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A player than plays holy well will still do well on healing, they may not be the best mechanic wise but holy has the best throughput healing in the game its just that heals get sniped by other healers quicker than holy.
    Well said, that about describes holy. Great in theory, but fights do not allow holy to preform best throughput wise compared to disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

marks had a pretty crappy expansion until 5.4

Fury Warrior. This was an awesome spec to play in Cata that just got horriboned in MoP. I HATED how they changed its mechanics and was forced to go Arms to feel like I was capable of doing something besides wait on RNG to proc something every few minutes of autoattacking...

Hmm let's see...

I'd argue shadow priests suffered most in just about every aspect and then *maybe* ret paladins second. I've not played ret in MoP though, so couldn't say for sure.

Mages because of the 90 talents.

Hunters and rogues in pve due to neglect. Dps DKs are next.

Resto shams only because of the riptide glyph that I loathe. But they are very strong situationally, so I really wouldn't include them.

Just fyi: I main a hunter and play most other classes at least to LFR/flex level. Just my opinion.