Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    FC celebrated their 2nd year anniversary, and so far has produced what a single person could produce in a week... but I must be wrong, because their roadmap says they are 90% finished!
    But oh, it's cos they're just such dreamers and idealists that their game's progress bar is going to hang now and never quite finish loading! It's a shame, it was going to be so awesome, too!

*five years later*

Hey guys, lemme tell you about this awesome new MMO coming out called...

Deleted
    Myobi, just don't act like a retard with your new account because then you are proving that their point of view is correct. Don't lose the credibility!

Still, I have to take my non-existing hat off to you good sir for surviving on their forums for so long.

Also Azril if you can, make a video and have a few guys join and show a stupid profession at work. Something crappy like ironing cloths with working models and effects.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2014-10-16 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Myobi, just don't act like a retard with your new account because then you are proving that their point of view is correct. Don't lose the credibility!

Still, I have to take my non-existing hat off to you good sir for surviving on their forums for so long.

Also Azril if you can, make a video and have a few guys join and show a stupid profession at work. Something crappy like ironing cloths with working models and effects.
    Yeah, mocking up their ´LJ´ system is up next. The problem is we are actually making a game, so I don´t want to waste too much time making fake stuff. I said 1 hour a week was about as much as I would go. So equipping shields ´wherever´ and the flashing red was something I could quickly add to the hovering/flying system that is going into the real game. But I am definitely not going to create artwork for the fake project, either I find it free, or we use something going into the real game.

Cutting down trees is very easy. (dirty code below)

Create object tree, treehealth=100
    OnCollision treeheath = treehealth -1
    if treehealth =0 create object pile pilehealth=100 (or make it equal to the original treehealth variable so bigger trees give bigger piles)
    destroy tree

OnClick pile Create object in inventory ´wood´
    pilehealth = pilehealth - 1
    if pilehealth = 0 destroy pile

Onclick wood create targeting cursor
    Getclickspot; create object ´pile´at clickspot; pilehealth =1
    if getclick = pile, pilehealth = pilehealth +1
    woodhealth = woodhealth-1 if woodhealth=0 destroy wood.
    if pilehealth=100 create ´fullpileobject´ destroy pile.

The entire system is done in 3 scripts. One on the tree, one on the pile and one on the wood in your inventory. Each script would probably be about 20 lines. Obviously I did not write real C# code and there would be a few more things to add to it like if you had 5 wood in your inventory it would add 5 health to ´pile´ and stuff like that, but it is all easily done. You should also add some sanity checks.. like the onCollosion line in the first code would check that the tree was being hit with an axe ( ooops, they didn´t have axes, did they?). Our game also has a weight based inventory system ( rather than slot spaced), so you would make a check to see if the player can carry each piece of wood they try to pick up.

Anyone remember the game ´Name that tune¨ it is an old school game-show where players would have to name a song after hearing only a few notes. So I am challenging.. write that code.... and do it in under 60 lines.. I know I could get the functionality in under 60 lines, but there would probably be twice that to do all of the checks I would want in a real game.

Edit - yeah, I just noticed they don´t use collision at all since they don´t even have an axe. They are just subtracting health from the tree every time it is clicked. Me personally, I would at least make the axe hit the tree in order for the trees health to go down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update. We have added stretch goals to our website, and since ´stretch´ is soooooo over-used, we decided to name ours something more elevated and appropriate. For no obvious reasons, we chose ´Ascension goals´. It feels lofty, right?

So now you have ´Trials of Ascammer with Ascension goals´ ... I can already feel the google love pouring into our site.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2014-10-17 at 12:55 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "This just in ToA fans! We have reached another milestone on our roadmap! Fellable trees!

Heres Azr... our code that we worked super hard on for weeks."

//
    Create object tree, treehealth=100
    OnCollision treeheath = treehealth -1
    if treehealth =0 create object pile pilehealth=100 (or make it equal to the original treehealth variable so bigger trees give bigger piles)
    destroy tree

OnClick pile Create object in inventory ´wood´
    pilehealth = pilehealth - 1
    if pilehealth = 0 destroy pile

Onclick wood create targeting cursor
    Getclickspot; create object ´pile´at clickspot; pilehealth =1
    if getclick = pile, pilehealth = pilehealth +1
    woodhealth = woodhealth-1 if woodhealth=0 destroy wood.
    if pilehealth=100 create ´fullpileobject´ destroy pile.
    //

Their roadmap is just absurd. There are items on there that even if you perfect them, would take less than a day to do. But yet there are things like ´combat systems´ that are crazy complicated. Think about what is involved in combat for WOW.. hundreds of spells, buffs that go on and off all the time, procs, AOE spells that damage or buff multiple targets. That is a HUGE amount of work.

ToA has basically 1 swing animation, that if it hits the target makes the target blink red ( one line of code). Yet they are saying that combat is almost finished? Meanwhile, a completely different category is something that is 3 scripts that took an hour to write, and is now 100% complete.

And it goes back to the lead dev not knowing anything about game design, he just has no concept of what is difficult and what is easy.

We have screenshots of when they ´updated´ the progress report of their combat system and compared it to the videos they are releasing. Seriously, go do a 5 man dungeon in WOW and watch how many different spells and melee attacks are flying off every 5 seconds, how many buffs and procs are being used... and compare that to ToA.

Deleted
    Well, in their defense, it's probably the checklist for their 'demo'. I guess if that demo gets released, all you can do is swing, not use any abilities.

Still, it's bogus though, lol. If you check the forums, people were hyped that crafting got bumped by another 10%!! I am so damn excited for their kickstarter. It's going to be the fail of 2014.

Deleted
    Someone should make a game about Brax's wife. In it, you must play through scenarios in which the goal is to be seen by him as little as possible while doing things like shopping and housework. Each time he sees you, he will speak to point out a real life thing and reference ToA ("how many bolts of cloth would it take in ToA to make a jumper like the one you're wearing?", "If you lived in the game, you could pay another player to be your maid") which causes gradual sanity drain the longer you stay near him. You "win" if you can make it through the level and complete the checklist without draining all of your sanity.

Powerups include wine (reduced drain for a time), aspirin (restores some sanity), and ear plugs (short immunity).
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-10-18 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trial...774924?fref=ts

beholllddddd! xD

Edited:

Eck! Got +200MB in ToA screen shots.
    Some of them are just huge since entire thread pages and shit =/

Might just upload all this one a .rar file later...
    Like!

/10stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Someone should make a game about Brax's wife. In it, you must play through scenarios in which the goal is to be seen by him as little as possible while doing things like shopping and housework. Each time he sees you, he will speak to point out a real life thing and reference ToA ("how many bolts of cloth would it take in ToA to make a jumper like the one you're wearing?", "If you lived in the game, you could pay another player to be your maid") which causes gradual sanity drain the longer you stay near him. You "win" if you can make it through the level and complete the checklist without draining all of your sanity.

Powerups include wine (reduced drain for a time), aspirin (restores some sanity), and ear plugs (short immunity).
    Brax wife ´ Did you accomplish anything in your game today?´
    Brax ´Of course, same as every day, I created 10 alt accounts and had conversations with myself´
    Brax wife ´ please tell me you didn´t ask yourself to have cybersex again´.
    Brax ´ hey, it is hard stuff keeping track of 50 alt accounts, how was I to know it was me´

Brax ´Of course, same as every day, I created 10 alt accounts and had conversations with myself´
    Brax ´ hey, it is hard stuff keeping track of 50 alt accounts, how was I to know it was me´
    You just won the thread.

I like to think every question asked by Brax wife is preceded by her slamming back a shot of tequila.

Kay guys, we got 4 likes! Time to start a kickstarter!
    Geez, at least wait 11 years. Kids these days and their nownownow.

Kay guys, we got 4 likes! Time to start a kickstarter!
    If you need help coming up with a target amount.. the going rate seems to be ´ Total hours of work put into the project´ * 750,000

- - - Updated - - -

Ughh... how can their ´followers´ not see how much they are lying to them.

http://www.trialsofascension.com/forum/threads/roadmap-tracker.2609/

Let´s go to Combat... 80% finished ... They have one character model using one animation doing a set amount of damage each time it hits. No skills, no magic, no buffs, no damage display, no special attacks (nothing like bleeds, stuns, roots), no anything.. just click-button, arm moves. Seriously, that is 80% finished?

Character is 60% done. the character is a fixed model. No customization, can´t even see the face. No skills, no exp system, no mana, no rest system, a cut-paste inventory system, no advancement at all to your character. It is one model that does one combat animation and one lumberjack animation. .. but it is 60% done

World - 70% done - Anyone want to check out that latest video and tell me how many creatures, rocks, NPCs, buildings, props... heck anything you see? there is nothing but a terrain and the dynamic trees. Oh wait, you are right, he has screenshots.. of a world that you will never be able to move in. Do they not realize how many hundreds and thousands of props it takes to make a world feel like a world? They have one house.. but the world is 70% complete.

But really, I am just dying with the combat - 80% They really think what they have is 80%????

Part of me died reading this entire post..

http://www.trialsofascension.com/for...1/#post-118493

(Don't just read the OP...scroll down to the dragon talk)

hmm.. they are having some interesting conversations about the TOAS website on their secret forums. Good stuff LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post

Those type of people are walking among us..... and they can get pre-paid visa cards...

Azrile, where is your made up roadmap too ?!
    Combat 99%
    World 99%
    Crafting 99%
    Snails 99%
    Chat 99%
    Cash Shop 3%

As you can see from our roadmap, you can predict a lot of work over the coming months to our cash-shop.

Here is a breakdown of how we are grading our ´combat´ category

1. Character can move = 25% finished with combat
    2. Character can move arm = 25% finished with combat
    3.Character hits something they blink red = 25% finished with combat
    4. Other creature can use same attack against the player = 24% finished with combat
    5. 425 skills, health and stamina, to hit and damage calculations, graphics for attacks, exp and skill gains, weapons, buffs, combat text feedback = 1%

As we have clearly demonstrated in our... well trust us... we are 99% finished with combat with just a few minor ´fluff´ items to get us to 100%

Combat 99%
    World 99%
    Crafting 99%
    Snails 99%
    Chat 99%
    Cash Shop 3%

As you can see from our roadmap, you can predict a lot of work over the coming months to our cash-shop.

Here is a breakdown of how we are grading our ´combat´ category

1. Character can move = 25% finished with combat
    2. Character can move arm = 25% finished with combat
    3.Character hits something they blink red = 25% finished with combat
    4. Other creature can use same attack against the player = 24% finished with combat
    5. 425 skills, health and stamina, to hit and damage calculations, graphics for attacks, exp and skill gains, weapons, buffs, combat text feedback = 1%

As we have clearly demonstrated in our... well trust us... we are 99% finished with combat with just a few minor ´fluff´ items to get us to 100%
    That makes sense to me. I do doubt your calculations a bit, I think to justify that 1% mark you need at least a few combat professions. Maybe when you kill a giant whale you can loot their petunias and make a sword out of them which unlocks more combat abilities?

Deleted
    Dude, when are you selling bouquets for 15 euros a piece in the shop? Much better than the shitty candles.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post

Is this some kind of RP talk? I really don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    Is this some kind of RP talk? I really don't get it...
    yeah, that thread is a little disturbing. It sounds like the guy has played dragons in other games, so that made him dragon-like in real life which means he will be good at playing dragons in this new game.

But don´t worry, Brax helped him use his pre-payed credit card...

The really disturbing threads are the ones where Brax and the female developer are talking to themselves through alts. It is like they are roleplaying forum posters