Damn this thread is still going on. I remember when the title was much more scathing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Damn this thread is still going on. I remember when the title was much more scathing.
    Their kickstarter is tomorrow. Might be worth sticking around.

Regarding the title change, it still pains me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Still doesn't explain what is my alts alt doing here alting around without my permission to alt.
    Considering you are my alt Myobi, you sure are mouthy! Settle down!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Their kickstarter is tomorrow. Might be worth sticking around.

Regarding the title change, it still pains me :P
    Yeah that was a sore point with a lot of us, but it is fine. The Kickstarter is TOMORROW!? Yeah!!! Can't wait to watch the fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    XXX we stoped kickstarter because of the trolls on mmo champion.

...that would be funny if it happened.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

OMG, kickstarter tomorrow? *grabs popcorn*

Cannot wait for this kick starter. Its going to be so good to watch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    XXX we stoped kickstarter because of the trolls on mmo champion.

...that would be funny if it happened.
    I'm confident if it fails, us 'trolls' are going to be blamed.

On the other hand, I still feel that this kickstarter might be successful, fueled by dev money. I'm fairly certain that the 5% kickstarter fee will be won back by honest (Maybe stupid) donators. I just can't think positive about ToA anymore.

Deleted
    what was the previous title? I don't really remember it, because I didn't used to pay this thread much mind until I joined it tbh. I'd had doubts, but I'd kept them to myself because I didn't want to see paragraphs of backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYouth View Post
    what was the previous title? I don't really remember it, because I didn't used to pay this thread much mind until I joined it tbh. I'd had doubts, but I'd kept them to myself because I didn't want to see paragraphs of backlash.
    It had the word SCAM in the title. A mod decided to change it [The full title; for no known coherant reason] and it was debated heavily, but no one of the mod team gave any amount of fucks. I still consider that this was forced by outside influence, although as far as I recall, this was denied by the mod in question. Then again, I don't trust people that make ...odd....... decisions.

Questionable behavior.... at best...

For the record; We should let that rest any further. This was just to answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    For the record, it was:

"The most unbelievable indie fundraising scam to date, Trials of Ascension"
    Oops, left the most important thing out
    Last edited by Vespian; 2015-02-18 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYouth View Post
    For the record, it was:

"The most unbelievable indie fundraising scam to date, Trials of Ascension"

Deleted
    Doesn't matter whether the title was changed or not, we're still the next result after their own website:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=trials+of+ascension

With the phrase "Trials of Ascension was a scam started ten years ago" as the text preview.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Doesn't matter whether the title was changed or not, we're still the next result after their own website
    I see us as third after their main site and then their forums, but still...it's big flashy 'Shady Practices' right there. Interesting how pages are cached for search results though b/c it indicates there are only 20 posts and 12 people contributing when we've obviously dwarfed that by ridiculous amounts by now.

Edit: I saw that a wiki for this 'game' popped up on the search too so I gave it a look. Look at these wonderfully descriptive gems this game has:

ToA:Payment model

Trials of Ascension will have a slightly different payment model than normal. It has changed to it's current state after much heated debate between the developers and many different players on the Forums.
    Magic schools and spells[ view / edit ]Atrophy No known spells
    Creation No known spells
    Ethereal Scry
    Material No known spells
    What a quality wiki, hahaha.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2015-02-18 at 03:37 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Just adding a video in this tread:

Pm me if it gets taken down tommorow so i can reupload it quick.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    So I dunno if we addressed this. Feel like we did, but I can't remember and asif I'm going through 200 pages to find it.

[Source: Forged Chaos press release; thanks to Azrile for the tip!]
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/09...yable-dragons/

?

Oh god! Azrile was in on it the whole time!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh god! Azrile was in on it the whole time!!
    Haha. Nothing like that. I do remember maybe this exact thing coming up. Just can't remember why he "tipped" Massively/Joystiq off after this thread kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Haha. Nothing like that. I do remember maybe this exact thing coming up. Just can't remember why he "tipped" Massively/Joystiq off after this thread kicked off.
    Haha I know, I'm just being overly dramatic and hoping for some weird twist! Like ripping off Azrile's mask and going "Oh god! It was old man Brax the whole time!"

"I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you damn trolls!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha I know, I'm just being overly dramatic and hoping for some weird twist! Like ripping off Azrile's mask and going "Oh god! It was old man Brax the whole time!"

"I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you damn trolls!"
    Meddling trolls*

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Meddling trolls*
    haha come on now, some things have to update with the times! who uses meddling anymore?