Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Anyone notice the crafting section?

Annealing, Baking, Batching, Boiling, Carpentry, Casting...

All the excitement of an Easy-Bake Oven, you know with out the hot light bulb to cook your brownies, or you know, the BROWNIES!!
    And the description of the crafting skill 'boiling'-

Straight from the video:

"Boiling is a cooking skill that uses pots to boil water and cook ingredients into finished, edible meals. Pots are filled with water, ingredients added and places(sic) over a fire source to bring the water to a boil which cooks the food."

lolwat?

I like the idea of many skills, but yeah, boiling... I want to be legendary at boiling.

Hopefully there's also a BBQ skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goes to youtube, puts "Most awkward moments at minecon 2013" into search...
    HIGHlarity ensues...

Deleted
    Goes to youtube, puts "Most awkward moments at minecon 2013" into search...
    HIGHlarity ensues...

haha, told so

That's also how I'd imagine a ToACon!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why have one profession when you can have 10 professions doing the same thing? Master such legendary skills as:

Cream Piping - You put cream from the dairy profession into a bag and pipe it out with a pipe.

Herb Grinding - Herbs from herb farming are put in a mortar and ground with a pestle.

Air Breathing - Before you can adventure in the world, you must first learn the ancient asian artform lovingly directed as inhale, exhale. Grow your lungs, learn to hold your breath, and countless other benefits from this profession

Ball in a Cupping - Toss the ball, catch it in the cup, dump it out of the cup, toss it, and catch it in the cup again. The ball is on a string and attached to the cup, so there's no worry if you don't catch the ball in the cup, and clean-up is as easy as catching a ball in a cup! So why spend another day not catching a ball in a cup when you could be catching a ball in a cup?
    BAD WOLF

Anyone notice the crafting section?

Annealing, Baking, Batching, Boiling, Carpentry, Casting...

All the excitement of an Easy-Bake Oven, you know with out the hot light bulb to cook your brownies, or you know, the BROWNIES!!
    And the description of the crafting skill 'boiling'-

Straight from the video:

"Boiling is a cooking skill that uses pots to boil water and cook ingredients into finished, edible meals. Pots are filled with water, ingredients added and places(sic) over a fire source to bring the water to a boil which cooks the food."

lolwat?
    Boiling takes skill?

You cannot boil water 'til level 10.

Damn, I screwed up my water.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    GUISE, STOP RIPPING ON TOA! The system is so immersive and innovative that your trolling brains can't even comprehend it! Nobody will grief or do stuff like that, we're adults here, gash!
    I think their intent is to have GMs handle any player-created problems that threaten the game as a whole, like metagaming issues we've brought up before. Which is an effective solution, but it just begs for abuse and toxic relations.

'Oh, you and a dozen friends just ground that dragon up to max age category? I just spawned a squirrel that one-shots your dragon and wee-wees on its corpse.'

Yeah, handled responsibly, it could be interesting. But that's the story of ToA: Pie in the sky idealism and no clue how to integrate any of it into a functioning gameworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Air Breathing - Before you can adventure in the world, you must first learn the ancient asian artform lovingly directed as inhale, exhale. Grow your lungs, learn to hold your breath, and countless other benefits from this profession
    This thread alone has increased my air breathing skills! From all the goddamn gulping I'm doing from rolling around on the floor in laughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Why have one profession when you can have 10 professions doing the same thing? Master such legendary skills as:

Cream Piping - You put cream from the dairy profession into a bag and pipe it out with a pipe.

Herb Grinding - Herbs from herb farming are put in a mortar and ground with a pestle.

Ball in a Cupping - Toss the ball, catch it in the cup, dump it out of the cup, toss it, and catch it in the cup again. The ball is on a string and attached to the cup, so there's no worry if you don't catch the ball in the cup, and clean-up is as easy as catching a ball in a cup! So why spend another day not catching a ball in a cup when you could be catching a ball in a cup?
    Is this from a Family Guy episode? o.O

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plot twist. Azrile = brax.

He was just drumming for attention to the game :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Boiling takes skill?

You cannot boil water 'til level 10.

Damn, I screwed up my water.
    Actually, you can only HEAT water from levels 1-9, it is only at level 10 that you can successfully bring it to a rolling boil.

A thought occurs:

If their KS fails, this thread and the most ardent of those who've participated will be blamed for the failure.

But...if their KS, against all odds, manages to succeed I'd say a debt of gratitude is owed to this thread and it's participants as well. Reading over the posts again, we've consistently provided, for FREE, advice on how to better present a product (even if it's an illusion of one) and FC has certainly taken many of the general insights to heart.

Their first KS, set at 700+k fails. We point out how utterly unrealistic and foolish it is to expect people to shell out money without so much as a shred of proof of concept/product.

After a few iterations of game design, an aggresively (if not realistically) updated roadmap and gameplay footage where we point out the terrible looking bits (i.e. Noodle Beach), FC puts together a video for their new KS now set at 600k with a lot of the more egregiously stupid things we've pointed out absent. It's still not a great video, but it could have been so much worse and probably would have been if not for those of us making fun of previous footage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this from a Family Guy episode? o.O
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Plot twist. Azrile = brax.

He was just drumming for attention to the game :O
    It's funny because I know we are going to get jumped on if Azrile disappears forever, but when I look at it objectively all it did was expose what a horrible game it was. Az could never give us any evidence of any and we've found quite enough on our own to merit shaming this game and making sure no one gets ripped off because of it.
    BAD WOLF

So, boiling water. Wouldn't that break immersion, because in real life, if you continue to add heat, the water will eventually boil, especially when your heat source is, oh, I don't know, FIRE. So if your skill isn't high enough, what, the water will never get hot enough to boil. Do you have to raise your water's skill up so it is able to boil as well, because water being able to boil or not isn't based on the skill of the person (when heat is already applied at least).

And how do you fail at boiling water anyways... Oh, I know:

Go into house-kitchen. Pour water into pot. Put pot over fire. Water catches on fire. House burns down. Fire spreads and burns down community. Fire continues to spread and burns down all the plant life and forests. Everyone dies forever. Immersion!
    Excuse? "My boiling skill isn't high enough. Sorry." (too bad no one can hear it because of lack of global chat...and everyone is dead).
    Moral of the story. Low boiling skill is the strongest weapon.
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! ~Kamina, Gurren Lagann

...You'll kill my dick?! What the hell does that even mean? I'll kill your dick! ~Grayson Hunt, Bulletstorm

those minecraft vids..... URGH XD its so bad. Just watching the kickstarter video. Lots of talking little content. I noticed how they try to hide a lot of the bad animations that are clear in there characters motions then at the end you get a completely smooth dragon in an unseen environment...... I wonder where they got that from.

Deleted
    Meh... It bothers me that Azrile still hasn't shown up...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Meh... It bothers me that Azrile still hasn't shown up...
    Me too, but I haven't been participating in this thread based on a random person's claim of evidence. Whether they post on alt accounts or not doesn't make a difference in how they behave regarding development of this game. Maybe the word scam becomes heavy handed, but thankfully the thread title says "Shady Practices and the Big Crowdfunding Debate" which is still 100% applicable.
    BAD WOLF

Maybe Azrile works for Blizzard and when he saw this game he got so scared of its WoW-killer potential that he had to spin some elaborate tale to smear its name.

Or he could just be busy with... ya know... life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman199 View Post
    Maybe Azrile works for Blizzard and when he saw this game he got so scared of its WoW-killer potential that he had to spin some elaborate tale to smear its name.

Or he could just be busy with... ya know... life.
    Maybe he realised that if he is wrong about anything he can be done for libel.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Well that was sort of the reason that it was being hyped so much. Because he said that he had e-mails and screenshots to back things up. Not to mention, according to the fans, we can already be sued for it since everything we say here is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Obviously he could be if stuff is false, but I would hope (and expect) it to be seen as good faith whistleblowing. Additionally, the data can be framed as questions with evidence.