Quote Originally Posted by Shriek View Post
    Hah, I pissed a lot of you guys off with that wow comment, eh? I love it.

As for "not noticing" things, well, feel free to look at my post count on that forum. Sure, when I was 17 I might have been knee-deep into the community, but for the past few years I was a lurker at best. I just pop my head in and out when they actually do something relevant... or irrelevant in the case of this 2nd kickstarter.

Either way, say what you want about me. My conclusions remains the same, particularly that this Azrile guy is: The Biggest Douche.

(insert image of giant douche here)

WoW sucks.

-Shriek
    And cue the tryhard kiddie theme song.

Furthermore, the talk about Alexa in Xanward's post is a misdirection attempt. There are not magically way less users of the plugin where their site is concerned in comparison to the rest of the Internet, so the skewed appearance of the data is still in direct proportion to the number of users of much less shady and normalized sites, traffic-wise. It remains a glaring example of how they've juked their site statistics to fake up the legitimacy of their project.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Furthermore, the talk about Alexa in Xanward's post is a misdirection attempt. There are not magically way less users of the plugin where their site is concerned in comparison to the rest of the Internet, so the skewed appearance of the data is still in direct proportion to the number of users of much less shady and normalized sites, traffic-wise. It remains a glaring example of how they've juked their site statistics to fake up the legitimacy of their project.
    What motive would Xanward have to protect FC's asses on this issue given that he's blasting them for everything else they've done wrong? He is no longer associated with them. And, he does qualify his defense with "as far as I'm aware." I don't think it makes sense that he would lie about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanamoril View Post
    What motive would Xanward have to protect FC's asses on this issue given that he's blasting them for everything else they've done wrong? He is no longer associated with them. And, he does qualify his defense with "as far as I'm aware." I don't think it makes sense that he would lie about that.
    But you're not reading what I wrote.

He's trying to say that the Alexa data doesn't track all the users. That's true.

But it doesn't track any less users than on any other website at the same time. So that's not a basis for saying the data is skewed.

There are not any less users of the plugin per capita among ToA's site users than there are among the users of other websites, so by comparison the data statistics are still the same. Still fishy. Still obviously manipulated, IMO.

Why would he say that? My thought is 'Here's $5, say some crap about how we didn't fake things up on the way out the door'. But that's just my nasty suspicious turn of mind at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'm confused though. Does it call out how badly he failed by backing such a piece of shit with so many ideas that really wouldn't happen in a real MMO or does it call out how badly he failed by being strung along for how many years or does it call out how much they needed yer help...yer help...yer help to you know do everything for them.

As for "not noticing" things, well, feel free to look at my post count on that forum. Sure, when I was 17 I might have been knee-deep into the community, but for the past few years I was a lurker at best. I just pop my head in and out when they actually do something relevant... or irrelevant in the case of this 2nd kickstarter.

Either way, say what you want about me. My conclusions remains the same, particularly that this Azrile guy is: The Biggest Douche.

WoW sucks.

-Shriek

Please post respectfully and productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Sorry bubba, but pissed off isn't the phrase I would use here. It's more the fact that you tried to make a jab at a group that actually plays a real game, while you being the big shot game producer that you are, never noticed anything fishy about ToA. You must really be among the elite producers. It is good that you, the chosen, can guide us away from the failure that WoW is.

Also loving Xanwards posts, he tried to apologise to mmo-champion, but we're still overzealous dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Also loving Xanwards posts, he tried to apologise to mmo-champion, but we're still overzealous dicks.
    Maybe you're an overzealous dick. I'm just one of Myobi's alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have an overzealous dick.

Not surprised at the cancellation of the Kickstarter. Not surprised that it failed. Called it before the first Kickstarter, called it again before the second. 12 years, no progress. No reason to ever assume there will be.

~Priest

WoW sucks.

-Shriek

Seems like you believe anything you are told over the internet, unquestionably. Regardless of truthfulness.

Just because Azrile said that there are fake accounts, you didn't have to start a crusade against profiles in that thread. You made a fool of yourself and it's only your fault.

Sorry bubba, but pissed off isn't the phrase I would use here. It's more the fact that you tried to make a jab at a group that actually plays a real game, while you being the big shot game producer that you are, never noticed anything fishy about ToA. You must really be among the elite producers. It is good that you, the chosen, can guide us away from the failure that WoW is.

I appreciate his honesty (honest only as of late) but it takes a special deficiency in ethics and integrity to promote toa & FC when you feel so negatively about the project, owners, and their conduct. Openly bashing former team members, and coming forward to throw them under the bus only after taking money from cash shop and 2nd failed attempt for ks money, speaks volumes.

Inb4 it's his job: no it wasn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Seems like you believe anything you are told over the internet, unquestionably. Regardless of truthfulness.

Just because Azrile said that there are fake accounts, you didn't have to start a crusade against profiles in that thread. You made a fool of yourself and it's only your fault.
    I'll agree with you there, which is why I apologized for my drunken shenanigans. I guess I was just pissed off after the KS was cancelled, and after seeing a bunch of low-post members come out of the woodworks to console Brax immediately after his 'concession speech,' well, you're right, I started to believe some of the false-member allegations.

I'll eat my hat on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think the worst part for you (and people like Fornax and so on) is the fact that you guys really did mention things before this KS and even during the first KS and then it was seemingly ignored. Even reading that post by Xanward, I actually felt bad for him after the work he obviously put into setting things up for PR/Marketing. Again, ignored. I genuinely don't understand why it would be ignored just like that :S
    Well, I can take him at his word when he says they wanted to try and increase transparency of progress on the game development but Brax & Co. said 'Nah, too much work'. That's par for the course in their 'sit back and throw money at it' style of development.

I get the impression FC is going for a 'you're right, we're bad at this, we let you down' mea culpa and avoiding adding any weight to the claims they outright lied to their patrons by admitting what anyone with two functioning braincells already knew: they're absolute shit at making a video game.

They think owning up to that means their supporters, who want to believe good things about them(because it means they can believe good things about themselves for supporting incompetent boobs) will just excuse any other claims or jump to their defense if anyone presses further about things they don't admit to.

Sad part is it works. All too well.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What's BravoTime Gaming and why aren't they coding or writing articles for toa if they're so supportive? Are they full of shit?
    I don't know Dextersmith...but that guy strikes me as being a bit more invested than I'd expect from someone portraying himself as objective.

Do I think he's a sockpuppet? Probably not; I just find his willingness to jump in and help with damage control to be odd.

WoW sucks.

-Shriek

Ah, so let me get this timetable straight. You are a game producer, 2 years ago you realize this is a scam and the game is never going to be made, but you have developed friendships with the other community members so you stick around. You watch their first KS crash and burn, then you watch your friends donate $67,000 to a game, that as a game-maker yourself, you know is never going to get made, but you say nothing..

Then, 2 years later, after the game has finally fallen apart, you say ´ I told you so´ ? Dude, if you weren´t a coward, you should have been making this thread BEFORE they did the cash-shop and took money from your friends.

But hey, the alcoholic lurker works well too... pretty hardcore you are watching your friends waste money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanamoril View Post
    He is a rat fleeing a sinking ship. This is the part where they all start pointing fingers at each other.

Just like Shriek,, this is just another person saying ´ I agree with you guys, you were right all along´ but in this case, he only stopped lying because he wasn´t paid to lie any more. Now he is just trying to save face for the future by pushing all of the blame on Brax. He supported and hyped ToA right up until the point where he knew he wasn´t going to get paid any longer. it is also funny he mentioned the ´female PR´ person as not being himself.... did I ever say he was?

It is funny how all these Honest TOA people are all now coming clean after they realize they aren´t getting money. run rats run!!

Deleted
    Whoa, been busy with work this past few days. Shit happened.

I eagerly await their next move.

Xanward was the first "dev" to appear in this thread and try to douse the flames wasn't he? It actually amuses me that he's turned tail now it's all blowing up.

Read it again... he is apologizing for all the deceitful things Brax did.. and then he turns around and says none of the deceitful things we said he was doing are true. Everything you guys said about Brax is true.. but the things you said about me are not true.... at least ´to his knowledge´.. so yeah, if some female was making multiple accounts everywhere... that had nothing to do with him.. if their youtube videos were filled up with fake comments, that was not his fault either.

He was totally innocent and trying to provide PR for a game that he thought sounded amazing. LOL.

Deleted
    Waiting for someone to come out and call Xanward greedy now too, like they did to Teddy.

Welcome, Shriek. Calm down and enjoy the community here! I've enjoyed reading some of your posts on the ToA site, when you're calm and rational you're an entertaining read.

I'm glad to see the kickstarter fail in a sense, because the devs were at best incompetent and at worst scammers, and either way they were going to waste whatever resources their loyal community gave them. Still, despite however you might feel about the gullibility of ToA's loyal backers, it's sad to see them having to come to terms with the fact that the game will never be made and whatever resources were actually finished (art, intellectual, etc.) will likely never be released into the public domain for a more talented and competent group to have a go of it. (I'm still not convinced there's much of a market for the game as it was envisioned, but eh) That said, though, it's not like another group couldn't take the "better" (relatively speaking) gameplay ideas and make a game with it. As I've said before, ToA didn't have much lore, and it's not like they have a copyright on the idea of dragons, humans, or spiders.

So to the loyal members of ToA's community (the more intelligent ones) who have expressed their feelings in that thread, come join us on mmo-champ. You don't have to like WoW, we promise! Also, some of us are, sincerely, sorry that this game didn't work out for you.

To Brax: I still think you're a scamming piece of shit, but I am more open to the fact that you're just completely fucking incompetent at this point.

Also, I love all the new members coming out of the woodwork in that thread to encourage Brax and co. to "keep going!"

I'll agree with you there, which is why I apologized for my drunken shenanigans. I guess I was just pissed off after the KS was cancelled, and after seeing a bunch of low-post members come out of the woodworks to console Brax immediately after his 'concession speech,' well, you're right, I started to believe some of the false-member allegations.

I'll eat my hat on that point.
    wait a minute... you were pissed off the KS was cancelled? Why? as a game ´producer´ you actually think they could have made the game with $600,000. After admitting you knew they were faking it for a few years, you were hopeful they would pocket $600,000 of other people´s money?

Has there been any news on what happened to the other half of the 67k or so that was raised outside of KS? Teddy and the Unity engine cost about half of it, but unless I've missed it, the rest of that money seems to be unaccounted for.

Company car, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    It is funny how all these Honest TOA people are all now coming clean after they realize they aren´t getting money. run rats run!!
    I don't agree with this, particularly if Xanward was being honest about not getting paid. Hard for me to believe that he and the others who were working on the game for a long period of time and weren't getting paid were banking on some massive payday after the kickstarter. To me it's more likely that they were optimistic fans who were happy to be involved with the creation of a game they were passionate about. Everything he said about why he left made perfect sense.