Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    One of the bigger problems of ToA with that fanbase. They love to put the cart before the horse and plan what they will do in game, what they will do when the KS makes it, what happens when you do X in game. One slight problem though. No game to play. Just a demo isle. Fun times! Chop that wood and swing your weapons at raknar and sometimes connect and sometimes whiff them because it is that well coded. Fun!
    Putting the cart before the horse is an understatement: The horse in question hasn't been born yet.

In other news: apparently we wanted to harvest ToA's delicious code all along, according to This post.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Putting the cart before the horse is an understatement: The horse in question hasn't been born yet.

In other news: apparently we wanted to harvest ToA's delicious code all along, according to This post.
    It's true! It's true! We want to make Trials of Ascammer a really reals game but we need yer help...yer help...yer help...so without money, we have to steal their awesome beyond awesome code to make physically based-rendered flying fart turtles and cloud whales a reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post

...somehow I think the game would stand a much greater chance of actually getting done if the code was simply handed over to this group.

Of course, I imagine there would also be a lot of ridiculous and hilarious changes added for shits and giggles that would make the game a parody of what the "original vision" Brax and the others had.

Deleted
    Where did this 'yer help' thing come from? I've seen it mentioned a few times. Also, whoever wrote that post named fuck off is an absolute twat. It honestly just undermines our argument as rational. What a dickhead.

The whole problem with this thing is that both sides are heavily pointing fingers, no matter how you look at it. No wonder video games journalists want to stay away, not least because the demo isn't finished.

While I keep finding myself coming back to these forums when I'm browsing the web and am pretty bored, eventually I think I'm just gonna leave. It's no fun just watching people argue so zealously about something that isn't going to happen. Everybody just needs to take a step back and chill, I think. I'm angry too, but I really don't think it's worth wasting your time over.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    ...somehow I think the game would stand a much greater chance of actually getting done if the code was simply handed over to this group.

Of course, I imagine there would also be a lot of ridiculous and hilarious changes added for shits and giggles that would make the game a parody of what the "original vision" Brax and the others had.
    I do think that was one of Brax´s major issues. He was like this paranoid little whacko running around making anyone and everyone signing NDAs and trying to hide everything from everyone ( including the press) like he was APPLE. This is just another guess, but I imagine when he finally sent out all those requests to the media and offers to play/stream demo island, he also probably included a crazy NDA regarding different features or whatever. He had this complex that what he was doing was special, and therefore everyone should bow to his demands. The press and streamers probably looked at the NDA and said ´wft, who is this´.. and tossed it. He took himself, and his ideas way too seriously considering he was just some idiot with no skills and no history.

Their fans are just outrageously dumb. Seriously, now they think our intent all along was to steal their code? Who the fuck has to steal it when I can buy it on the Unity asset store for less than $200. Like I said before, if a real programmer got his hands on ´Demo Island´.. they would be starting at less than 0. You would be much better off just starting from scratch ( anyone but Teddy). What is on Demo Island is worthless to anyone but Teddy because the time it would take to figure out what he did would be longer than to just make it yourself. And another poster ´just polish demo island´.. who? who is going to polish it. The second Brax tries to do anything with the actual code, it will end up broken and unplayable. Do they really think a person who didn´t know how to turn on the server is going to be able to ´polish´ stuff Teddy did?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYouth View Post
    Where did this 'yer help' thing come from? I've seen it mentioned a few times. Also, whoever wrote that post named fuck off is an absolute twat. It honestly just undermines our argument as rational. What a dickhead.

The whole problem with this thing is that both sides are heavily pointing fingers, no matter how you look at it. No wonder video games journalists want to stay away, not least because the demo isn't finished.

While I keep finding myself coming back to these forums when I'm browsing the web and am pretty bored, eventually I think I'm just gonna leave. It's no fun just watching people argue so zealously about something that isn't going to happen. Everybody just needs to take a step back and chill, I think. I'm angry too, but I really don't think it's worth wasting your time over.
    So what do you think is Brax´s next move? Steam? Indiegogo? You don´t think that within the next month he is going to find a way to ask fans to donate again? One of the big problems with Brax´s ego is that he doesn´t seem to grasp that there are things he doesn´t know. Right now, he probably doesn´t know that most of his code is worthless. If he hires Teddy 2.0, Teddy 2.0 is going to get paid $4000 ( 2 months) just to learn what Teddy 1.0 did. At the end of that two months, Teddy 2.0 is probably going to say ´some of this stuff was done wrong, I need to redo it´... simply because coders hate jumping into someone else´s half finished mess. And the best part is, the new coder is going to also have Brax by the balls the same way Teddy did once his contract expired.

And if Brax does decide to bring in a partner who can program, that person is going to see his forums, see his mess.. and will be exactly like the ´investor´ from 2006... they are going to want the majority of the company, since what Brax actually brings to the table is nothing but a bad reputation.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-03-07 at 09:56 AM.

Where did this 'yer help' thing come from?
    Kickstarter vid from this go-'round. 11s in.

Deleted
    So what happened with that "fuck off" poster? Just see it quoted but the actual post seems to be deleted.

You really think video game journalists gave a damn about that game or this thread? Actual big time game journalist sites wouldn't have covered that game except in the off chance they got paid to do so. There was nothing to cover. A demo isle and a 2nd KS from a company that has been around HOW long over the last 10 years on and off? And I'm not talking about shit sites like tentonhammer and other ones that let anyone post shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    So what happened with that "fuck off" poster? Just see it quoted but the actual post seems to be deleted.
    See, he was a bad poster. Totally not like the other alt poster who ripped on Myobi. That one was a good poster, he got a juice box and a blanket. The bad poster had to go sit in the corner on a time-out.

You might like Gen-OT, we discuss everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I do think that was one of Brax´s major issues. He was like this paranoid little whacko running around making anyone and everyone signing NDAs and trying to hide everything from everyone ( including the press) like he was APPLE.
    Thought nda was to hide they got nothing or just shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    This is just another guess, but I imagine when he finally sent out all those requests to the media and offers to play/stream demo island, he also probably included a crazy NDA regarding different features or whatever.
    Can't be unless he's stupid. What would they stream or write about under nda?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    You might like Gen-OT, we discuss everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought nda was to hide they got nothing or just shit.

Can't be unless he's stupid. What would they stream or write about under nda?
    Is always a chance they hardly contacted anyone about their game. I mean it is strange they didn't even use their shitty normal sites like tentonhammer isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    See, he was a bad poster. Totally not like the other alt poster who ripped on Myobi. That one was a good poster, he got a juice box and a blanket. The bad poster had to go sit in the corner on a time-out.
    He could've been a disgruntled cash shop donor with all that anger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Is always a chance they hardly contacted anyone about their game. I mean it is strange they didn't even use their shitty normal sites like tentonhammer isn't it?
    True, did tth even cover 2nd ks?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    He could've been a disgruntled cash shop donor with all that anger.

- - - Updated - - -

True, did tth even cover 2nd ks?
    Does not seem like it. Last thing was the AMA and we all know how that went. Sub 100 viewers, hardly any questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it was our fault the AMA was so horrible. Those bastards at MMO-C always ruining our plans!

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh, I see now why the fuck there are people there accusing me of wanting the Trials of Ascension code.
    I don't know who the hell is the most ridiculous…
    If they're really referring to his comment, then they're apparently ignoring their own community. The quote that I posted up there from Ildefonse was from Tuesday and they were calling for EVERYTHING to be made public, not just the code. So if that's fine but saying the code alone isn't... these people make my brain hurt.

Whoa, another golden nugget from "the other forum", I suggest playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU in a new tab, to set the mood before reading, this is some serious illuminati shit:

Well, lets see here. We have some people from the MMOC thread accusing the ToA guys of being scammers before the Kickstarter, then spreading that word around on message boards when the KS was released, then coming here after it failed to talk about releasing the code. Hrmm.

Now, I'm not saying there's a conspiracy. All I'm saying is that these fine folks had a hand in choking off the KS from the beginning and now that it's failed are here trying to get the code released. These fine folks of highly regarded integrity weren't around to support this game before, not anywhere to be seen with anything close to support. No, only hammering out antipathy for ToA.

And now they want the code released.

And no, Blakeg, I'm nit accusing you of being from that forum. I have no way of knowing one way or the other. What I will accuse you of is falling in line with their goals, and further of making accusations towards someone who's pointing out the obvious.

And whatever any of you say, it is obvious.

Well I mean, it is pretty obvious that that's what we want. You just have to look past all that text and stuff we say to what's going on in our minds. You see, Ember is actually a mind reader. So unless you post with a tinfoil hat on, he's going to know the True True in what you're saying. Nevermind the fact that neither Myobi or I said anything about releasing the code, that's what we were thinking.

Myobi... I think we're on the same wavelength or something. Literally both put up the same post with the same thing bolded. xD GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!! Don't make me get out the tinfoil you mind-stealing alien.

yer code...yer code...yer code...

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Srly fuck dat guy pizzaman, just set him on ignore. It's not worth of the time and as it was already said, it's only dragging the thread off-topic.
    He will keep bitching about what I wrote without even reading it properly while giving good fuck to miss logic.
    He (and others over there) exemplifies the quote "There is none so blind as those who will not see."

/devalt

Deleted
    Well this is getting retarded.