Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    np, 2 likes. Huge hangout! Probably not even hitting the ToA live streaming event of ~50 people.
    LOL! For a game that actually managed to get funds through Kickstarter that is funny if they couldn't even hit those kinds of numbers. Hell you could combine both of their fanbases/money together and they STILL wouldn't ever get a MMO out the door.

np, 2 likes. Huge hangout! Probably not even hitting the ToA live streaming event of ~50 people.
    So liked by James and Joel? They're scrapping it all, what is there to like?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Coming soon, the most epic MMO of all time: Greed-Trials of Ascmonger!
    Would play. Better than Azrile's game.

Speaking of, looks like they tried hosting some kind of live chat thing last night via Google. They claim they'll be doing it weekly from now on, too. And for extra lulz, they claim it'll be uploaded to YouTube. I can see it now:
    I don´t think they get it. Nobody wants to hear them talk about their game, people want to actually see the game.

I think as an Indie developer, you get one chance to capture people´s imagination with your words, but that needs to be followed quickly with real gameplay. What these clowns, both of them, do not understand is that if you start out with words and then you fail to deliver on your word... further words are meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Would play. Better than Azrile's game.
    My game? I haven´t said anything about my game at all. At the moment, my game is to ruin kickstarters and then try to get them to open source their codez so I can stealz it.

So, Gassy puts up this today:

Brax provides input:

I think the lower jaw needs to thicken as it reaches the head. It seems too thin IMO and if you want this fella munching on armored knights, he'll need some serious jaw muscles to do that.
    Yeah Brax, you're the perfect person to provide feedback about realism. People in glass doghouses, y'know.

I can only assume the dragon didn't pass Brax's "how many cows in a field can this dragon eat, honey?" test.

BTW, here's the Greedmonger Hangout posted up on YouTube. Anyone care to subject themselves to it for lulz-worthy goodness? You'll get a cookie if you do...

Meanwhile, ToA discussion is running in circles about wPvP and even Brax is getting tired of it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    So, Gassy puts up this today
    1- It's better work than I expected anyone associated with them to do
    2- It looks like a raptor with dragon horns
    3- Brax isn't wrong, simply because it's a raptor with horns on it.

In any event, if the look he's going for is 'dragon' thickening up the lower jaw isn't going to do anything except make it look like a raptor with horns on it...with a thyroid problem.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    So, Gassy puts up this today:
    Brax provides input:

Yeah Brax, you're the perfect person to provide feedback about realism. People in glass doghouses, y'know.

I can only assume the dragon didn't pass Brax's "how many cows in a field can this dragon eat, honey?" test.
    Did Gassy like that too?

He has too much to say for someone skill-less and does nothing. He wants someone else' concept so there it is. Ingrate needs to make it his own damn self!

BTW, here's the Greedmonger Hangout posted up on YouTube. Anyone care to subject themselves to it for lulz-worthy goodness? You'll get a cookie if you do...

Meanwhile, ToA discussion is running in circles about wPvP and even Brax is getting tired of it.

I had a play-by-play here, but I deleted it. Just watch the damn video and skip to the end of the first hour.

HAHAH BEST MOMENT 1:02 MUST WATCH. The european guys asks Joel how much he needs, Joel says 6 figures, EU guys says.. exactly how much.. Joel says 500,000.. the EU guys just laughs his ass of and says ´you guys are nuts´.. you look like idiots, James looks like an idiot, and he is running around a world that I could make in 30 minutes. The dude was freaking stonewalling them the whole time, pretending he was a real fan.. then he lights them up.. Meanwhile another ´fan´ is laughing his ass off as Joel stammers for something to say. Finally the EU guys says while laughing ´this is not going to happen´ and then calls Joel ´lumpy like Jabba the Hutt´..

seriously, watch the video from the 1 hour mark on. the foreign guys is hilarious...
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-05-12 at 10:24 PM.

Their solution: restrict pvp to arenas in pvp game. wut?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I watched 2 minutes and couldn´t handle any more. So Joel is just another slacker who looks like he never had a job in his life either and spends most of his life on his mom´s couch. Appleton was a jerk, but at least he had real business experience and actually ´did´ stuff... these guys look like they have never done anything since graduating HS.
    Couch potato PR lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Their solution: restrict pvp to arenas in pvp game. wut?

- - - Updated - - -

Couch potato PR lol.
    watch the video, skip to 1 hour.

God, this is freakin gold. now Joel is talking about himself being a superhero who is jumping on the titanic trying to save people... while never leaving his couch. A few minutes later on, he says ´we dove into the fire´... such heroes they are.

oh.. this is sad.. This is the guy who was on here talking about his PR and Branding skills.. just listening to him talk... it is just sad.

1:22 it now comes out.. they did this for the assets. People in the chat are asking them about the assets.. This is what I love about these guys, they are too dumb to know they are dumb. The people are walking them in a circle to where they either have to admit they were really stupid for taking over GM, or else, as he is doing, he admits that the main reason he took it over was for the assets. Whomever is typing in that chat, is doing what I did to ToA devs where you just let them dig themselves into their own pile of poo.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-05-12 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Couch potato PR lol.
    You might be surprised how much PR can and does get done from the couch : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You might be surprised how much PR can and does get done from the couch : P
    Sure, lots of people make a living doing PR on facebook and twitter... but come on, watch two fat guys sitting on a couch talking about two games that are never going to be made? and looking like they are clueless idiots..

- - - Updated - - -

woohoo 1:41 we finally get mentioned!

Annoying part.. he keeps talking about ´our backers this.. our backers that´... what backers? They do a hangout where 2 of the 6 people there are saying the game will never get made, they have stress tests that nobody shows up for. What backers?
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-05-12 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Rofl, those guys are bloody crazy.
    The last hour of their google-chat was funnier than most sitcoms. I laughed out loud a ton of times.

Lol these GM guys are friggin crazy, the 1:02 part of the vid was quite funny though. Not only the Euro guy trashing on them but watching that 'game' run so laggy/awful and they have the gall to think "oh we need around 500k", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Lol these GM guys are friggin crazy, the 1:02 part of the vid was quite funny though. Not only the Euro guy trashing on them but watching that 'game' run so laggy/awful and they have the gall to think "oh we need around 500k", lol.
    You can just watch Joel´s face.. it was like he was talking and thinking this guy was going to give him the money... and then.. uggh.. gut shot..

As far as the video. There are two different things. Lag spikes and choppy is fine.. he was running a screen capture and a Google+ hangout.. It is hard to say how much pressure that puts on a system, but I would guess a lot. But that doesn´t excuse the overall graphics...which are horrible. The foreign guy kept making fun of their avatar, and rightly so.

Ugh.. very end of the video.. they are now going to do what I said they were going to do. Drop GM and use the assets that Jason bought for Proctor and use them on their new game.... surprise!
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-05-12 at 11:20 PM.

What a plot twist! They are going to drop GM! Of course the GM thing will follow them around no matter what they try to do, so good fucking luck getting funding for any other projects.

Proctor was all fine and happy about walking away from GM last month and screwing over the backers, he posted his goodbye speech. What he did not expect was that Appleton would demand the software and Unity asset stuff back.

Will be interesting to see if Appleton tries to sue them if they use that stuff for their new IP. The video and content Proctor showed in the G+ hangout was the same stuff from the January video, so there has been no ´good faith´ effort to actually make GreedMonger... they haven´t even been posting on their own forum or FB pages.

I think they misinterpreted our advice. When I said they should shut up and just make the game and come back when they have something to show.. I didn´t mean.. wait a month, do a two hour video chat and then show the same content you were showing 6 months ago... possibly i did not word it correctly for them to understand. Seriously, why would they even bother with the google hangout? to show that they have 4 fans and can look like idiots on camera.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-05-13 at 01:17 AM.

New drinking game:

Hagel says one of the following: "flux", "transparency", "disconnect", "obviously", "feedback", "mistakes", "completely agree" or "for sure" - take a shot

Proctor says (while leaning forward): "garblewarbleflarble" - take a shot

Better make it shots of beer though lads; I'd hate to find out any of us died from alcohol poisoning.
    Last edited by Taojnhy; 2015-05-13 at 01:58 AM.