Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Wow,

This has been a barrel off laughs. The windows activation was just the icing of a very comedic cake!
    And that is a professional programmer.....so wonder who lied, that guy to Brax, or Brax to his fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodoh View Post
    The AI and navigation is different from walking on a mesh and sending heart-beats into the mesh & animating the actors on the mesh.
    This is traversal through free space.
    I played Earth and Beyond, which I believe was out around the same time EVE started, or maybe slightly afterwards. It was actually a really fun game. The navigation and AI systems worked fine in 3d space, and were were not much different than a single player space game. The ship controls were really smooth and they did a good job with inertia and turning while floating.

I do think a lot of players will need to get adjusted to fighting in 3d space though if they haven´t played a lot of EVE or single player space games. When WOW had an entire zone underwater, many players hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

I do think a lot of players will need to get adjusted to fighting in 3d space though if they haven´t played a lot of EVE or single player space games. When WOW had an entire zone underwater, many players hated it.
    Not that I like underwater areas but whenever you use wow as an example, you are bound to have "many players" hating/loving something :P

I'm not sure I understand this Windows activation issue. Anyone explain? It had to do with their update, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax- View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this Windows activation issue. Anyone explain? It had to do with their update, right?
    Fornax, that activation logo means that that person's copy of Windows (the license) was never purchased. It could have been a pirated copy, or even a trial copy that has long since expired. Either way, the continued use of the OS isn't legal.

Not that it -really- matters for much longer since everyone, pirated or legit, will get Windows 10 for free at the end of this month.
    Last edited by Taojnhy; 2015-07-08 at 02:35 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It means they are using a pirated copy of windows. While most of us use pirated windows, I would expect a business professional to have legitimate licenses. I certainly don't want a game company that can't be bothered to pay for a real OS and knowingly participates in 'illegal' activity without concern for being discovered.
    BAD WOLF

http://tinyurl.com/oyty74o

That right there is a picture of Windows 7 starter edition which is what someone said that their dev was using in response to my calling it out. Notice that there's no activation message at the bottom right. Because Windows 7 SE is actually a thing. Something that's been activated. The only time you'd get that message is if you have, as said before, an illegal copy or a trial version.

So yeah, their dev is a thief in essence. XD Then again, I suppose for them that's pretty much par for the course.

Gotcha. I pay for all my software and never pirate a thing. It does look bad that they have pirated OS software. Really sad they don't understand professionalism in the slightest.

Didn't know that we were all going to get Win 10. Nice, I guess.

Gotcha. I pay for all my software and never pirate a thing. It does look bad that they have pirated OS software. Really sad they don't understand professionalism in the slightest.

Theft and lack of professionalism aside, it's also risky since an unlicensed copy of Windows can only get critical security updates, not the other updates some of which do contain non-critical security patches.

As for Win 10, check your icon tray; there should be a Windows icon, but all in white; click that for more info about the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Not that I like underwater areas but whenever you use wow as an example, you are bound to have "many players" hating/loving something :P
    Underwater is pretty much how EVE spaceflight works. You have no inertia, you stop moving soon as you cut your engines. The nice thing with EVE is you can zoom out and have a more tactical view of the whole affair, rotate your camera all around. For my part, my favorite spaceflight control system was Freelancer. Starpoint Gemini 2 came close, but it just wasn't nearly as fluid and intuitive, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    Fornax, that activation logo means that that person's copy of Windows (the license) was never purchased. It could have been a pirated copy, or even a trial copy that has long since expired. Either way, the continued use of the OS isn't legal.

Not that it -really- matters for much longer since everyone, pirated or legit, will get Windows 10 for free at the end of this month.
    Microsoft has confirmed that you won't get Win10 if you have a pirated copy. Unless they've managed to fool the reservation tool. I stopped following windows torrents/cracks since I got a laptop with windows on :P

You expect professionals to act professional? Utterly ridiculous good sir, off with your head.

I still think this game will be great. I mean...the GMs can spawn trees....can WoW, SWTOR, GW2, Aion, TERA, or Wildstars GMs do that? GAMECHANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Come check my Kickstarter out, in mah game trees will spawn GMs! Now that is true innovation!
    Brilliant! wait...before I commit myself does it have giant whales, spiders, and dragons? Every game in their mother has average size whales, spiders, and dragons...it needs to be giant.

Good on you for doing the research and pulling all these details together, but the only thing you can really do to help stop it is raise awareness through articles like this on multiple forums/websites. About the only thing these guys really put any thought and effort into is their legalese.

There are always going to be suckers, and dudes like this will always be scheming to take advantage of 'em.

-Justice

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    That's one of the key differences between a veteran game developer and someone who once played Ultima Online. When one of them works on making a game, they actually produce something besides Post-It notes and hot air.

But as we've said about Star Citizen before, it's a project that got mired heavily in overbudgeting and feature creep.
    That's quite a claim to fame - he once played Ultima Online!

What makes him qualified to be a lead dev and ceo? - He once played Ultima Online!

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    That's quite a claim to fame - he once played Ultima Online!

What makes him qualified to be a lead dev and ceo? - He once played Ultima Online!
    He is a visionary game developer. What other game developer has the vision to make a near exact clone of Life is Feudal?.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    He is a visionary game developer. What other game developer has the vision to make a near exact clone of Life is Feudal?.
    Confirmed, Azrile is a shill for LiF and was part of their plan to torpedo ToA and steal all their customer base from them.

Confirmed, Azrile is a shill for LiF and was part of their plan to torpedo ToA and steal all their customer base from them.
    And their code!

But the only reason they are making Life is Exile is because ´I´ torpedoed TOA:MMORPG. I would have had to be a time-traveler to do what you said since I never heard of LiF until the guys on the ToA forums were talking about it after this thread was started.

FWIW, the game I am working on doesn´t even have multiplayer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeAndVengeance View Post
    Good on you for doing the research and pulling all these details together, but the only thing you can really do to help stop it is raise awareness through articles like this on multiple forums/websites. About the only thing these guys really put any thought and effort into is their legalese.

There are always going to be suckers, and dudes like this will always be scheming to take advantage of 'em.

-Justice
    That's not really us. ToA are starting threads on different forums. People from this thread like Azrile just come in and bombard them to hell.

I think I've linked this before, but:

It's what I think of when people blabber on about their concepts and ideas and would someone just BELIEVE in them so they could make them really reals???