Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    It's capped at 100% like Crit. Shamans are the only class where you can generate a 3rd Multistrike. And that list linked, actually only goes up to 33% Multistrike. It's over 100% if you were level 90; which is what that is set to initially. I would say that Multistrike will have diminishing returns for WW monks beyond 75% Multistrike (4950 Multistrike rating) given that we get 25% from Tiger Strikes.
    Slightly more accurately: take 5% away for the raid buff (if we're just trying to find rating on gear, might be useful for knowing when a trinket proc goes over the soft cap), and factor in the 5% attunement.

So you'd need 70% MS from gear, with the attunement would be 4400 Multistrike rating. It's obviously irrelevant now, but the number might mean something a year from now.

For those who've worked on the new CMs, what talents did you use? I suspect RJW+Chi Ex in tandem would work against each other to the point its better to use one or the other, especially considering the abysmal haste you'd have.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey there, so after more practice with Ascension/ChiEx build, I ended up doing quite well on Brackenspore attempts. However, not so much on Kargath or Twin Ogron. Twin Ogron I died very late (11%) and was also practicing watching SEF on fire guy (using SEF weakauras). Kargath on the other hand I did a worthless 25-26k of dps. My other monk buddy, whos 10 ilvls higher than me, was doing 34k and it was farm progression night (80th percentile), using Chi/Ex, Xuen, and perhaps Ascension.

Can any WW monks give me any tips for Heroic/Mythic Kargath? Also, he wasn't on stands duty, so no idea how he did decently well with damage. Thanks. (PS. He's offline, cannot ask xD)

Deleted
    about the legendary ring, does it worth to use the brew when it procs?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    hey there, so after more practice with Ascension/ChiEx build, I ended up doing quite well on Brackenspore attempts. However, not so much on Kargath or Twin Ogron. Twin Ogron I died very late (11%) and was also practicing watching SEF on fire guy (using SEF weakauras). Kargath on the other hand I did a worthless 25-26k of dps. My other monk buddy, whos 10 ilvls higher than me, was doing 34k and it was farm progression night (80th percentile), using Chi/Ex, Xuen, and perhaps Ascension.

Can any WW monks give me any tips for Heroic/Mythic Kargath? Also, he wasn't on stands duty, so no idea how he did decently well with damage. Thanks. (PS. He's offline, cannot ask xD)
    I cannot imagine he did that well with CX on a single target fight like Kargath without going into the stands. UNLESS, he was padding off of the cats, which would be ridiculous, and should be punishable by death. The ilvl difference isn't as important as what stats he has or what sockets he has that are improvements.

CX shines even brighter on Twin Ogron than Brackenspore, assumign you tank them together 95% of the time (move one out during Whirlwind, then back together).
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post

I'm also having issues on Kargath...even on normal/LFR farm. I just can't seem to do well on that fight, even when I'm consistently in the 70-90 percentile range on the other bosses. Some of it is that I'm still getting used to the class/spec, still working on getting UI configured properly, etc....I know my TP/RSK uptime isn't consistently where I need it to be, for example. But even taking all of that into consideration, I'm solidly in the bottom three on Kargath where I'm in the top 3 on most everything else.

On Kargath you can use Transcendence to instantly get back into range after your Stands team has been thrown up, and other than that it's just a singletarget fight where you do singletargety things(unless you're on Stands duty). To rank you kinda have to go into the Stands and AoE, though, so I wouldn't necessarily trust ranks for that boss.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I cannot imagine he did that well with CX on a single target fight like Kargath without going into the stands. UNLESS, he was padding off of the cats, which would be ridiculous, and should be punishable by death. The ilvl difference isn't as important as what stats he has or what sockets he has that are improvements.

CX shines even brighter on Twin Ogron than Brackenspore, assumign you tank them together 95% of the time (move one out during Whirlwind, then back together).
    Wait, you can pad meters by dumping your clone into the pits?

Quote Originally Posted by zeeAbe View Post
    Wait, you can pad meters by dumping your clone into the pits?
    On Mythic the tigers are a part of the fight, on the other difficulties they're just part of the scenery(or at least not attackable)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by monemone View Post
    about the legendary ring, does it worth to use the brew when it procs?
    I got mine last night, and even though I'm playing BrM right now I can tell you that it's not even close to a trinket proc. 10% of your primary stat is like 450 Agi at best, and not even a 10% damage increase at that. It's a proc, but literally less valuable than Tiger Strikes as a proc for trying to maximize spike damage with TEB. It's not really even worth caring about at all.

It will get bigger in future versions of the ring though, up to 15% after the BRF part. For now though, it's nearly worthless.

Hi. I don't normally post on public forums, but I've been looking through this thread and I haven't seen anything about using the WW 2pc PvP set with Celerity and Chi Brew/ChiEx. I've been using it and I've been getting good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    To rank you kinda have to go into the Stands and AoE, though, so I wouldn't necessarily trust ranks for that boss.
    I've managed to rank downstairs fairly high, the big thing is having everyone else play well so you get amazing roar of the crowd. Terrible fight to compare logs on either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRowan View Post
    Hi. I don't normally post on public forums, but I've been looking through this thread and I haven't seen anything about using the WW 2pc PvP set with Celerity and Chi Brew/ChiEx. I've been using it and I've been getting good results.
    I am unsure if your question, but there is another thread that has at least started discussing using the PvP 2pc: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-bonus-for-PVE

If you're seeing results better with than without it then no reason not to use it. Its not something I would recommend to everyone, or put in any official guide, as it is something very easily messed up by 99.9% of the players.

New to WW with some questions that hopefully can be answered. Both of these are for ChiEx/Asscension:

1) Many people have different ways to use TEB. I see some people who only use with 10+ stacks and others who try to line it up with trinket procs regardless of stacks. Outside the opener which is better. I have Skull of War and Scales of Doom for my trinkets. If Scales proc and I have 5 stacks, do I use them or wait?

2)ChiEx and combo breaker: The way I have been doing it is just waiting on the combo breaker to get two 4 ChiEx next to each other but lately I've been thinking maybe I should be just using it at 2 or 3 and not waiting, there have been times where a combo has gone to waste because I'm building chi, need to use FoF, boss mechanics, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Posiden126 View Post
    New to WW with some questions that hopefully can be answered. Both of these are for ChiEx/Asscension:

1) Many people have different ways to use TEB. I see some people who only use with 10+ stacks and others who try to line it up with trinket procs regardless of stacks. Outside the opener which is better. I have Skull of War and Scales of Doom for my trinkets. If Scales proc and I have 5 stacks, do I use them or wait?

2)ChiEx and combo breaker: The way I have been doing it is just waiting on the combo breaker to get two 4 ChiEx next to each other but lately I've been thinking maybe I should be just using it at 2 or 3 and not waiting, there have been times where a combo has gone to waste because I'm building chi, need to use FoF, boss mechanics, etc.
    1. what do you think? theres only really 1 answer to this question, unless you're in danger if going up to 20 stacks, always use TEB along with procs or if the boss takes extra dmg.

2. 3 chi for ST and 4 chi for cleave, I think its a dps gain using Tiger Power at 4 chi to get down to 3 before using chiex, but you shouldnt be using chiex for ST anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    2. 3 chi for ST and 4 chi for cleave, I think its a dps gain using Tiger Power at 4 chi to get down to 3 before using chiex, but you shouldnt be using chiex for ST anyway.
    Its not a DPS gain to use Tiger Palm at 4 Chi to move down to 3 Chi, the 4th Chi damage is more than any Tiger Palm would do. If you get a Combo Breaker proc, use it right away regardless of stacks. If you Jab before using it you miss a potential next proc which is a dps loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    On Mythic the tigers are a part of the fight, on the other difficulties they're just part of the scenery(or at least not attackable)
    Yeah but how is it padding on mythic if your raid intents to kill the tigers?

I'm pretty sure we did that for the first week at least, not sure after because I sat out for others to get the kill and then this week I was in stands dancing around with Chi Burst.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeAbe View Post
    Yeah but how is it padding on mythic if your raid intents to kill the tigers?

I'm pretty sure we did that for the first week at least, not sure after because I sat out for others to get the kill and then this week I was in stands dancing around with Chi Burst.
    Pretty sure you're "supposed" to just keep them CCd by the fire and maybe finish them off once they get low. Then again, from what I hear the fight is a bit of a joke, so I guess it might not matter.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Posiden126 View Post

I like to do this also but use expel harm to get to 4 chi as jabs trigger combos and EH does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruemoon View Post
    I like to do this also but use expel harm to get to 4 chi as jabs trigger combos and EH does not.
    So you're using an ability that at its best does less damage than Jab, and at its worst does no damage, to avoid using a free 2 Chi CX?
    If you have 1 Chi, using CX with a combo breaker will give you 2 Chi, making it free. If you have 2 Chi then its free. If you have 3 Chi then it does what you want and leaves you with 1 Chi which makes Jab > FoF very easy.

Just use the Combo Breaker then continue on doing what you're doing. Don't miss out on a free 2 Chi and 1 GCD of energy regen.