Where is she in Grahtwood? I only remember the orc stuff
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Where is she in Grahtwood? I only remember the orc stuff
    Apparently it might be for a later DLC, I think the quest chain took me to a travel point which is where I left off. But you see her in one of the southern delves where you do a side mission before returning to the main tree. No clue what DLC it's for though, and realizing it's a DLC mission makes me wonder where this fits in the timeline (I think after I posted her character mentioned working with me in Wrothgar so maybe this is AFTER that chronologically).

Ah that makes more sense.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

I've been playing on and off for years and there's still a fair few zones I have yet to fully complete. Of the original zones, I've only got the Rift left to complete and then I'll have finished Cadwell's Gold quest. Other than that, I've done Blackwood and Western Skyrim.

I suppose I'll just pick something at random to pursue next.

I haven't touched Cyrodiil much. That felt particularly daunting to explore. Especially the sewers...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I've been playing on and off for years and there's still a fair few zones I have yet to fully complete. Of the original zones, I've only got the Rift left to complete and then I'll have finished Cadwell's Gold quest. Other than that, I've done Blackwood and Western Skyrim.

I suppose I'll just pick something at random to pursue next.

I haven't touched Cyrodiil much. That felt particularly daunting to explore. Especially the sewers...
    Well Cyrodill is entirely different from every other zone in the game though - due to it being open PVP. I too have spent very little time in that zone, almost none outside of the yearly 'events' that force non-pvpers in there (which everyone hates, but they keep doing it) - and yea its one of the few zones left undone - because of that open PVP issue.

Because every time I DO go in there, I'm usually dead within a handful of minutes. No time to explore or check anything out - as I keep being killed. Its just frustrating. The couple of times I spent more than a few minutes in there - actually attempting to get things done - and only finding out the mobs I was suppose to kill for XYZ quest aren't really solo-able by most, and are intended for a group. And I've never tried again - as I'm a 99% solo player who already isn't a fan of PVP so the idea of grouping in that zone is a total turnoff.

So Cyrodiil may remain much longer than the other zones in TESO as "unexplored" or "mostly unexplored" for a lot of players until (or unless) they invest the time to solo it on off-times or don't mind the PVP interference.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

hmm... you know its strange... I used to really fear Cyrodil... but I kinda had to go in there for several reasons not the least of which being introduction of Antiquities and some very fun looking furnishings that come with that (and there were skyshards and THAT furnishing that I have been covering for a while)... and... it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. it can get worse during events because there are some people who specifically go in to gank pve questers... but overall it wasn't too bad and I've yet to run into anything I couldn't solo.

I'm very much a potato player. how potato? the highest I've ever seen my dps spike against single target is 12k and typically its under 10k. when I say I'm a potato - I mean it. and yes I have done it in both no CP and CP enabled Cyro. CP is easier IF you have reasonably high CP. no CP has mobs adjusted to account for not having CP buffs. the again... Cyro has gotten a LOT less busy lately as they were testing various potential performance changes that negatively affected how a lot of people preferred to play in Cyro.

speaking of pvp changes

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...e-january-2022

the unrealistic me sees "we need to rebuild the code from scratch" as "we are finally going to fix animation canceling/weaving", but the cynical me expects that best case scenario adjust animations, worst case scenario - won't even touch that part of the code at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm very much a potato player. how potato? the highest I've ever seen my dps spike against single target is 12k and typically its under 10k. when I say I'm a potato - I mean it. and yes I have done it in both no CP and CP enabled Cyro. CP is easier IF you have reasonably high CP. no CP has mobs adjusted to account for not having CP buffs. the again... Cyro has gotten a LOT less busy lately as they were testing various potential performance changes that negatively affected how a lot of people preferred to play in Cyro.
    I would be that you are in at least 80% of players, maybe even higher. Not sure I've ever seen a mainstream game that is so utterly intuitive about how what a "proper rotation" looks like even beyond animation cancelling.

like a 10x dps gap in a game that barely even has gear scaling is really kind of insane. There have to be some ways for them to rein that in.

I'm very much a potato player. how potato? the highest I've ever seen my dps spike against single target is 12k and typically its under 10k.
    Phew. I'm not usually trying too hard (not keeping buffs/DoT's up etc.) but that's usually where I net out on my warden while solo (lower when I'm just heavy attack spamming because I'm lazy).

the unrealistic me sees "we need to rebuild the code from scratch" as "we are finally going to fix animation canceling/weaving", but the cynical me expects that best case scenario adjust animations, worst case scenario - won't even touch that part of the code at all.
    I don't think it means animations at all, there's no mention anywhere. IIRC there have been endless complaints about lag in that zone and that's what this was about. It's a problem in a lot of games where they need to go back and rework how some populated zones operate as the game grows and things start acting weird/unexpected shit comes up. That or when it finally rolls out and they realize that performance in that zone is fucked (sup Ilum in SWTOR).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I would be that you are in at least 80% of players, maybe even higher. Not sure I've ever seen a mainstream game that is so utterly intuitive about how what a "proper rotation" looks like even beyond animation cancelling.

like a 10x dps gap in a game that barely even has gear scaling is really kind of insane. There have to be some ways for them to rein that in.
    that is too much of a sure bet to go against for me there is a reason overland is balanced the way that it is and that reason is that most players do NOT play anywhere near the level of high end guild expectations or possible dps. and I absolutely agree that the skill gap is absolutely bizarrely insane, but perversely... every time they try to reign it in, they just make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Phew. I'm not usually trying too hard (not keeping buffs/DoT's up etc.) but that's usually where I net out on my warden while solo (lower when I'm just heavy attack spamming because I'm lazy).

I don't think it means animations at all, there's no mention anywhere. IIRC there have been endless complaints about lag in that zone and that's what this was about. It's a problem in a lot of games where they need to go back and rework how some populated zones operate as the game grows and things start acting weird/unexpected shit comes up. That or when it finally rolls out and they realize that performance in that zone is fucked (sup Ilum in SWTOR).
    to the first.. and yet there are people on the forums who are all "how is it even possible to have your dps so low?" for me it dips by a lot (to 5-6k) whenever I have to move more, interrupt/block and oftentimes self heal. but even when I'm not self healing or whatnot, this is just how it is for me while somewhat trying (somewhat as in, enough to bother with using different skills, bar swapping and stuff, but not so much that I start to get stressed)

to the second, yeah... as I said, unrealistic me and oh god, I remember Illum... it was a fantastic concept and I even enjoyed it a bit in those early days, with my guildies... but .. yeah... the reason I even considered animations is because some of the things they have tested if I recall correctly were animation related.

to the first.. and yet there are people on the forums who are all "how is it even possible to have your dps so low?" for me it dips by a lot (to 5-6k) whenever I have to move more, interrupt/block and oftentimes self heal. but even when I'm not self healing or whatnot, this is just how it is for me while somewhat trying (somewhat as in, enough to bother with using different skills, bar swapping and stuff, but not so much that I start to get stressed)
    In my defense right now, I only have like...one partial set on and still some green gear because I've been too lazy to fix that and haven't needed to. Still slowly working towards being able to craft my sets, since I'm not gonna go farm up the veteran/trial gear, but once I get those in I should see some pretty nice damage increases. That and once I finish leveling resto staff and can go back to the 2h/bow combo the build wants me to use. Though I'll likely be tweaking the build here and there, already seeing a few things I want to change so it better fits my playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I was not under the impression gw2 story content was hard lol, it just isn't braindead easy either.

I think the new chapter could be interesting, would be nice if they break the formula in some way.
    It's downright impossible if you don't have the right set-up and stats though. It's not brain dead easy, it's incredibly unforgiving and even if you know the mechanics, if you don't have a build or stats that can sustain you, you won't survive.

The same can't be said of ESO, for the most part, where almost anything can do content designed to be done solo, but the difference in strength and survivability across different builds (both abilities and gear) is wide enough to drive a double wide trailer through.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's downright impossible if you don't have the right set-up and stats though. It's not brain dead easy, it's incredibly unforgiving and even if you know the mechanics, if you don't have a build or stats that can sustain you, you won't survive.

The same can't be said of ESO, for the most part, where almost anything can do content designed to be done solo, but the difference in strength and survivability across different builds (both abilities and gear) is wide enough to drive a double wide trailer through.
    I mean sure if you go into expansion stuff in questing greens you will get stomped, but exotic gear is extremelt easy to get, I dont think requiring a tiny bit of thought is really a bad thing though
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I mean sure if you go into expansion stuff in questing greens you will get stomped, but exotic gear is extremelt easy to get, I dont think requiring a tiny bit of thought is really a bad thing though
    Maybe it is just me then, but it feels like some builds simply cannot complete the some of the content due to high incoming damage and pitiful self healing or damage mitigation.

I remember going through HoT as a condi Necromancer with exotic gear and was getting absolutely obliterated, until I was able to switch to a power Reaper build centered around minions. It was night and day difference. With one I was always pressured, even in overworld quest content fighting anything more than 2 mobs and with the other I was wiping the floor with everything without breaking a sweat even in world events with swarms of enemies.

Perhaps it was just my playstyle jiving with one but not the other, but the difference between the two was, as I said, completely night vs day difference.

Again, to keep this at least somewhat on topic. This same problem doesn't exist in ESO, which I find very refreshing. It's an easy game to jump into and enjoy for what it is.

Maybe it is just me then, but it feels like some builds simply cannot complete the some of the content due to high incoming damage and pitiful self healing or damage mitigation.

I remember going through HoT as a condi Necromancer with exotic gear and was getting absolutely obliterated, until I was able to switch to a power Reaper build centered around minions. It was night and day difference. With one I was always pressured, even in overworld quest content fighting anything more than 2 mobs and with the other I was wiping the floor with everything without breaking a sweat even in world events with swarms of enemies.

Perhaps it was just my playstyle jiving with one but not the other, but the difference between the two was, as I said, completely night vs day difference.

Again, to keep this at least somewhat on topic. This same problem doesn't exist in ESO, which I find very refreshing. It's an easy game to jump into and enjoy for what it is.
    This is the same strenght and flaw with build options. You can change build and equipment depending on situation. I like that in GW2, but i like theorycrafting

ESO is nice change for that but build variety is not so great (thats what i heard).

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    This is the same strenght and flaw with build options. You can change build and equipment depending on situation. I like that in GW2, but i like theorycrafting

ESO is nice change for that but build variety is not so great (thats what i heard).
    Build variety is great, however if some builds are completely nonviable, or only viable in very specific circumstances, it's a false sense of variety.

Both ESO and GW2 have, what I consider, issues with showing you variety and suggesting everything is viable while also punching you in the face (at times) with reality where some builds are completely nonviable in any decently challenging content.

The difference is, most of GW2 content is decently challenging, so the concept hits harder and earlier. In ESO, there's really not very much content for a solo player that would be considered even decently challenging. At least IMO.

In ESO, there's really not very much content for a solo player that would be considered even decently challenging. At least IMO.
    I'm still fairly surprised at how easy world bosses are. Last I played, which was still after the One Tamriel update, they were still pretty darned challenging. Might have been because I was even worse at the game then than I am now, but I remember not wanting to challenge them solo since they could be pretty scary.

But with a companion nowadays I'm finding myself soloing the majority of the ones I encounter unless randos show up midway through. Time consuming with lowish damage, and they can still kill my stupid companion if the boss tunnel visions them and I don't babysit them well enough (not fully leveled companion, no 'build', just some medium armor and a bow with some DPS/healing skills).

I'm still fairly surprised at how easy world bosses are. Last I played, which was still after the One Tamriel update, they were still pretty darned challenging. Might have been because I was even worse at the game then than I am now, but I remember not wanting to challenge them solo since they could be pretty scary.

But with a companion nowadays I'm finding myself soloing the majority of the ones I encounter unless randos show up midway through. Time consuming with lowish damage, and they can still kill my stupid companion if the boss tunnel visions them and I don't babysit them well enough (not fully leveled companion, no 'build', just some medium armor and a bow with some DPS/healing skills).
    World Bosses, and other content intended for groups, are decently challenging.

But, with the right gear set, even a shoddy build can do it, just takes longer and/or more finesse. Some of the gear set bonuses are ridiculous and seriously OP depending on your build. So if you have a well curated ability set along with an appropriate gear set, with the set bonuses...you're golden and damn near invincible.

There's one item that makes pretty much any solo player with good damage output practically unkillable, Ring of the Pale Order. I was able to finish it the last time I was subbed and it's CRAZY how much of a difference it makes.

If I play this again I really need to suck it up and just use one character.

But, with the right gear set, even a shoddy build can do it, just takes longer and/or more finesse.
    Not even. I've got like...1 4p bonus, 1 2p bonus and...that's it, some other non-set greens and shit. My gear is garbage with the "wrong" (but at least somewhat useful) set bonuses for those that I have and all the wrong traits etc. etc.

I'd get it if I was reasonably well geared but I'm like...still more or less "fresh CP160" quality gear despite being like CP600 (most from a previous character). Companions were a huge boost to player power in the overworld from what I can tell, and that's without even setting them up properly.

There's one item that makes pretty much any solo player with good damage output practically unkillable, Ring of the Pale Order. I was able to finish it the last time I was subbed and it's CRAZY how much of a difference it makes.
    I haven't touched scrying and won't for a while, but that's very much on my radar to get at some point. Right now I just have the 7% leech from CP (I think I still have it after moving points around) and that seems to be good enough. Heard scrying is quite a grind so yeah...probably smarter to start now but I'm focused on just clearing out zones and whatnot first. Will mess around with it when I get to that expansion's content.

Not even. I've got like...1 4p bonus, 1 2p bonus and...that's it, some other non-set greens and shit. My gear is garbage with the "wrong" (but at least somewhat useful) set bonuses for those that I have and all the wrong traits etc. etc.

I'd get it if I was reasonably well geared but I'm like...still more or less "fresh CP160" quality gear despite being like CP600 (most from a previous character). Companions were a huge boost to player power in the overworld from what I can tell, and that's without even setting them up properly.

I haven't touched scrying and won't for a while, but that's very much on my radar to get at some point. Right now I just have the 7% leech from CP (I think I still have it after moving points around) and that seems to be good enough. Heard scrying is quite a grind so yeah...probably smarter to start now but I'm focused on just clearing out zones and whatnot first. Will mess around with it when I get to that expansion's content.
    scrying is definitely a bit of a grind, but IMO - worth it. while you do not need to max it out to be able to craft legendaries, I have done so eventually on multiple accounts (I'm invested casual, ok >_> ), and to this day IMO the fastest way to level from rank 7 to rank 10 is to pick flowers in coldharbor until you get a lead for a yellow furnishing, get that furnishing, go back to picking flowers. for me, it drops fastest in hollow city (usualy within 3 flower nodes) but it could just be my specific luck. it generally one of the easiest to get leads that gives you 10 points of experience and I found that every other option is far grindier

that said, on world bosses. some classes/specs are easier then others. I can solo very few bosses even now on my nighblade (stamblade or magblade, makes no difference, though I found magblade easier to play) I can solo a LOT of them on pet sorc or magplar. YMMV.

ring of pale order is better the higher your damage is since it heals you for a percentage of damage done. so for a potato like me, having tried it.. I went back to 2 pc monster set bonus

incidentally - if you want monster sets, but would rather not venture into vet dungeons, every weekend there is a golden vendor in Cyrodil that sells variety of gear 2 of the kinds being monster pieces, sometimes helms, sometimes shoulders. its semi random what shows up every weekend, but she sells both vanilla and DLC dungeon drops. its either 100k gold or I think.. 250k alliance points? don't remember pvp cost as I pretty much exclusively buy them with gold. gold version comes in infused, pvp version - impenetrable. all 3 armor types are sold.