Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Tonight:
    GSW @ HOU (3-3, it's game 7 AGAIN mofos). 9 PM. ESPN.

Sorry Crissi, but gooooo Rockets.

I hope you guys appreciate that these past few days will probably be the most exciting for this entire NBA playoffs.
    Eh, not sure how to feel about this round of the playoffs. The basketball displayed wasn't that great especially in the East and the differences between the teams were pretty big most of the time. It;s mostly been the West carrying it, with nicer basketball (mostly) and closer games (some).

Hopefully this game does deliver another awesome one but I am skeptical. Game 7's usually are too tense for really great basketball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The second most important player on the Cavs right now is George Hill. He's a good ball handler, defender, and shooter. When he's healthy he makes everything a lot easier on Lebron. In their wins this series he averaged 13 points and 1.5 steals; in losses 5 points and 0 steals.
    He'll also be guarding either Curry or Harden (and maybe CP3 and maybe Klay), which is pretty damn important. They need him to be good every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    There's no one who can lock down Lebron or Durant.
    Yep. Celtics did about as good a job as any team in trying to limit him, and he still got (near) triple doubles in both of the elimination games. Guys big enough (Horford, Baynes) don't have his speed and agility and smaller guys (even smaller in just weight like Tatum and Brown) just get bodied into submission while he posts them up.

Much the same for Durant, who mostly has a height advantage compared to Lebron's more dense thick body. Guys that are tall enough to guard Durant are not quick and agile enough and guys who are quick and agile enough don't come close to matching his height.

That's why guys like Embiid and Giannis and even Ben Simmons are so coveted, cause the physical dimensions are a clear edge, when the rest is equal, so if they turn into smart, tough basketball players, the extra physical nature of them means they still beat you.

That's why I have some hope that Brown and especially Tatum can put on some grown man muscle over the next 2 or 3 years and start being able to take the kind of physicality that Lebron comes out with without giving ground.

Lebron is listed as 6'8" and 250 pounds compared to Tatum's 6'8" and 205 pounds. Tatum is potentially still growing in height a bit and he definitely looks every bit of 6'8", but the weight disparity is so huge, that it's unlikely that he'll ever completely close the gap, or it will likely make him too heavy to still have his full agility and first step. But if he can gain some 20 pounds of muscle over the next 2 or 3 years, he'll be in a very good position to dominate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Cavs can touch these Warriors. Either 4-0 or 4-1. Rooting for Rockets because I hate Green/Thompson/Iguodala and think the Cavs can take them, or at least make it a series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    CP3 out for tonight. Tough loss for the Rockets. I don't think they'll be able to make it this way. Such a cruel end.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just say now, at 4-0 for the Rockets: A fast start by the Rockets doesn't impress me. They need to prove they can sustain in the 3rd and 4th quarters. They've been too soft there.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far so good for the Rockets. Up by 11 going into the half. They need to come out of the locker room and play more like this in the second half though. GSW is too explosive to rest on a small double digit lead.

I'm not saying anything. *zips lips*

10+ Year Old Account
    These refs are trash.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    GSW from 11 down to 7 up in 1 quarter. Not like they need the help of the refs. I have a hard time seeing the Rockets come back. GSW is rolling.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I've seen KD miss from any distance this second half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felt like this was GSW game to lose and that the Rockets were the determined undog with a chance but good effort.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, how boring. Don't even know if I'll watch the Finals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Felt like this was GSW game to lose and that the Rockets were the determined undog with a chance but good effort.
    You could swap those names for "Cavs" and "Celtics" and add " and they lost due to crazy amount of missed, wide open 3's" and it would be totally accurate both ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Sigh, how boring. Don't even know if I'll watch the Finals.
    Same. I have no desire to see LeBron's theatrics as he gets destroyed in 4 or 5 games and hear the commentators throw a fit every time either team does something mildly interesting, cause there are 3 former MVP's and likely future HoF'ers on the teams that they can gush over about how incredible they are.

I'm thoroughly disappointed. Even I feel bored that it's the same two teams in the Finals again.

I'd feel fine if Cleveland could actually compete with GSW, but its not even going to be close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not really sure how excited I'm for the Finals. I'll still watch it but would have rather had a Celtics v GSW or Cavs v Rockets. I saw that as a Lebron fan. Would've have rather seen the Celtics go than another Cavs v GSW Final.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    The home teams of the Game 7's in both conference finals combined to shoot 14-for-83 on 3's. 16.9%. - twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to the GSW for winning the NBA championship, barring injury.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Man this feels slimy. GSW is a super team with literally 3 top 10 players and a really good role players and good coaching.

I mean Houston had the game, they just blow it by keep missing shots during the 3rd quarter.

Against this GSW team you must be able to shoot well, if they cut the lead its hard to comeback.

Obviously the refs assisted because when the Warriors win that is always the case but man the Rockets...7-44 from 3 with 27 misses in a row, a guy who is bed ridden could've made more from half court.

The sad thing about the finals is, next year it'll be the Warriors vs whatever team Lebron goes to...so get ready

I live in the Bay Area, so I'm happy to see the Warriors in the Finals again, but this really highlights a problem with the NBA. Lebron is now in EIGHT STRAIGHT finals, and this is FOUR STRAIGHT against the Warriors. It must be disheartening to every other team's fans, seeing the same teams year in and year out. Not sure how to fix the issue other than hoping that these guys get old and eventually drift apart.