Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    If you look at Rexxar without much of his armor, you end up in a similar situation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrO...=youtu.be&t=52

His arms are great and his head is pretty good, but his legs are way too long, and his torso is also almost opposite in shape. I really like his design for what it is, I think they nailed a perfect cross between orc and ogre. When it comes to ogres, I would not stand in the way of a Mok'nathal Allied Race, but they have a more orcish shape than an ogre one.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2018-04-19 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    bEdit: I threw together something with the current ogre since it's what I have on hand. It's at the end of the post.

Faces

Right off the bat, I got burned out here. I took the base face, and the scarred face made for my website, but decided to cut the third face. Faces don't tend to really change the model, so I saved the single-eyed face for later. On that line, though, my mind was blanking on what to actually do in the little texture space I have.

Second Faces

I'd like to imagine that if ogres were playable, you could choose whether or not to have a second head, and you'd be able to customize that head separately (even hair and beard and such). Back in the day it was pretty unfeasible, but the character creator certainly has the room for adding the categories for it. It would still be a bit unprecedented, but am I mistaken in remembering that Blizzard expressed a desire to separate worgen customization from their human form and let you do them independently? In other words, I feel like it's something that might not be that crazy forever. I had a similar problem as last time with the face designs themselves, though.

Hairstyles

Maybe I should have waited longer, because I didn't have many ideas here either. I took my hairstyles from Ogri'la, which include a ponytail/topknot inspired by Cho'gall's and a more wild ponytail inspired by an old ogre artwork by Samwise. The last hairstyle was supposed to be a Klingon hairstyle just for fun, but it really didn't come out well.

Horns

The first two horn styles exist in game. The third horn style was inspired by that Samwise art again, but the Traveler series confirmed that ogres with two horns are still canonical. The final "horn" I did here was inspired by the "ogre lords" from Outland who were a lot more rocky and had more spines, and ogres with such growths appeared in artwork as recently as the second Chronicle.

Hair Colors

This is pretty standard, nothing special here.

Beards/Accessories

The beards are just supposed to cover a spectrum. The second one is based off that Samwise artwork again, the fifth one is from Cho'gall, and the sixth one is based on the king of Dire Maul in the Traveler. I realized that you can do other features than just beards, and you might want some accessory if you didn't want a beard, so I added the last two. They're kinda hard to make out, but the first is supposed to be earrings and the last one is a nose ring.

Skin Colors

These are all just from the game, except sort of the third one. I say sort of because it doesn't exist on this ogre model, but it existed on a special ogre enemy back in Cataclysm. I used that as a skin color on my ogre creator, and when I updated to the new model, in order to keep the ogre creator consistent, I tried to replicate the old skin as best as I could.

Tattoos

The first one is what ogres have in game. The second one takes some inspiration from that Samwise artwork, while incorporating the ogre symbol from the Kargath Lords of War (which kinda sorta is already on the existing tattoos). For the third one, I used the symbol of Goria in the center, and then just added random details. The fourth one is just a Horde symbol, like the original ogre models had. After that is the nautical tattoos that Chopper Redhook from Siege of Boralus has. The final option is a crossed scar pattern inspired by Cho'gall and his cultists.
    Okay I'll try to say some ideas for all categories if I can think some lol

Faces: I think these are pretty good but it could probably use some with scars, different face tattoos or broken, pointy and different sized teeth

Second Faces: I personally don't think they'll add a second head due to them being made by Gul'dan originally but if they do it will probably be a racial. Maybe one or two eyes could be a feature or eye colors

Hairstyles: I'd like to see a side view for these but other then that I'm unsure about this one. I think some male Halloween style wigs not fake picture ones but like how you see them in real life but turned into hair could work or doll style plugs or maybe take some ideas from Shrek like freckled bald or long braids?

Horns: I was thinking maybe some metal spiked ones, jewelry pierced/gem adorned ones, metal plated ones, some with a broken tip or some completely replaced with metal with or without spikes. Also I'd like to see more Ogre lord kinds as that looks cool

Hair Colors: These are all pretty good but i think that there should be like a redish brown one as though it was stained from blood

Beards/Accessories: I like these they are all really good. I'd love to see some more Chinese or Mongolian styles, for accessories maybe some think like bones piercing the nose, ears or lower lip?

Skin Colors: All these are fine. I think maybe a sickly greenish tint one from the Botani infection or just from Fel similar to the Orcs but not to that extent

Tattoos: I enjoy all these but i think the nautical one will be saved for the Kul'Tirans. I think that you could use Cho'Gall's arm/head tattoos, Ko'ragh's body tattoos and some Warcraft 3 ogre models/art could give you a few more tattoos also the Warcraft 2 Ogre-mage model ( Added a link to show an updated Warcraft 2 Ogre-Mage model https://www.google.ca/search?q=warcr...x9jMkJgVmCpLM: ) I thought of most these only because of Traycor taking from Warcraft 2 High Elf models

I really hope this helps you make more awesome art. Until next time keep being awesome

Also there is a fan made female Ogre model you could use as a temp if you wanted but it doesn't look as cool as Karrga :P

(Here's the Warcraft 3 Ogre models for Tattoo and possible heritage armor ideas. https://www.google.ca/search?q=ogres...HJFR9GZJOyBQM: )
    Last edited by Blazindragon1737; 2018-04-22 at 04:40 AM. Reason: fixed stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Blazindragon1737 View Post
    Second Faces: I personally don't think they'll add a second head due to them being made by Gul'dan originally but if they do it will probably be a racial. Maybe one or two eyes could be a feature or eye colors
    That may be true. But we have ogre nation in AU and the Ogri'la in MU that mutated due to apexis

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope Blizzard will finally add Ogres as a playable race...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    That may be true. But we have ogre nation in AU and the Ogri'la in MU that mutated due to apexis
    Oh I did not know that due to not playing much of WoD because of how much content was cut from the expansion and also being super busy around that time lol

Deleted

Small reshaping of Rexxar and poof you got the Ogres.

Lets get this great idea back in the conversations :P As we may be having smarter Ogres on Azeroth now with the induction of the Alt Draenor Ogres when the Mag'har Orcs from Alt Draenor came through to Azeroth after being saved then by the Horde Champion and recruited into the Horde. Also on side note some Botani and Saberon snuck through the portal and came to Azeroth as well

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't buy Ogres as Rogues, Priests, or Monks. The rest I can totally see.

Reason why they won't let Ogres playable:

-People who want them just want the two-heads ogres, and Blizz already said that any races with more or less bodyparts then normal won't be playable.
    -No female counterpart. And NO, the children book are not cannon!
    -Mok'Nathal is a BETTER choice!

I would rather have Northrend Vrykul for the Horde, while Alliance get Broken Isles Vrykul. They won't be like the lame as Pandas where both start off in the same area. Instead they have separate start-off areas. They should also have separate icons in the character screen.

Classes:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Mage
    Warlock
    Shaman
    Monk
    Paladin (Broken Isles)
    Death Knight (Northrend)
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

5+ Year Old Account
    Keep the ogre dream alive

I actually dig the idea of Cho'gall's curse making the ogres more dim and suggestible. It could also tie into that shen'drelar lore book someone dug up (from where? he didn't cite it) that implied The Horde had damaged the shen'drelar's books.

I like the idea of ogres regaining their old glory instead of just being bigger, mentally retarded orcs.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres would be great. They'd have to nerf their size so they fit in doors though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Ogres would be great. They'd have to nerf their size so they fit in doors though.
    The WoD models are the size of tauren so shouldn't be a problem