Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Because they want people to keep playing (and paying) for a year until the next expansion and new content is out.
    that's what the raid is for /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    ... I don't think those are tentacles, I think it's just ombre hair colors on longer strands...

That said, it could be tentacles. And that would -really- set them apart!
    You are perfectly right on those points. The images are quite small. It might be just my imagination playing tricks on me, but those really look distinct from their respective hairs and beards both in colour and in nature. Hence I really think it's tentacles we are dealing with here Actually, their little icons give me some vague Giger-esque vibes. Whatever the case is, I guess we will know soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We have only select icons for the 4 Legion Allied Races. We have a confirmed model for Nightborne (plus we know Highmountain and Lightforged are done from Blizzcon). The starting zone for Lightforged has a finished map, with a Legion map border.

Just gonna say these four races are coming before BFA releases. 7.3.5 or 8.0 remains to be seen.
    the starting zone for Lightforged should be Exodar, is it not? They've said allied races should end up at their nearest faction's capital city

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So?

/10char
    So... That's the proposed reason? The suggestion being made? The reasoning behind people's ideas? The basis for understanding their point of view?

I know you can't hear it but my mental voice is totally getting higher like this is an episode of Family Guy where Stewie asks silly questions that the answer of should be blatantly obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    the starting zone for Lightforged should be Exodar, is it not? They've said allied races should end up at their nearest faction's capital city
    They've said all Allied Races will start out in their faction's Capital at level 20.

Orgrimmar and Stormwind, respectively.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    It appears to be....

Tanaan Jungle.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They "Sold" Demon hunters , which were playable before level 101 was available.

Pre-Order, Allied races will be 100% pre-order too if early.
    But not 9-12 months before the expansion.

My guess is allied races will be part of the pre-expansion event.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It appears to be....

Tanaan Jungle.
    Tanaan will most likely be just a part of the recruitment quest for Lightforged Draenei. They should start at Alliance capital. Which one is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Tanaan will most likely be just a part of the recruitment quest for Lightforged Draenei. They should start at Alliance capital. Which one is a mystery.
    I have a theory that the Lightforged will go to Draenor to recruit new Lightforged from the AU Draenei, who are still numerous.

That'd pretty handily explain why LF would be level 20 when the Army of Light is supposed to be composed of the universe's biggest demon-killing badasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I have a theory that the Lightforged will go to Draenor to recruit new Lightforged from the AU Draenei, who are still numerous.

That'd pretty handily explain why LF would be level 20 when the Army of Light is supposed to be composed of the universe's biggest demon-killing badasses.
    Agreed. Although recruiting AU Dreanei who were so eager to fight the Legion in the time of Alliance vs. Horde conflict seems kinda funny .

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    So... That's the proposed reason? The suggestion being made? The reasoning behind people's ideas? The basis for understanding their point of view?

I know you can't hear it but my mental voice is totally getting higher like this is an episode of Family Guy where Stewie asks silly questions that the answer of should be blatantly obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

They've said all Allied Races will start out in their faction's Capital at level 20.

Orgrimmar and Stormwind, respectively.

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying there is no precedence to them as DH didn't work this way at all. Just because you think you need 4 extra months before the expac launches to level some toons doesn't mean blizzard does, and Blizzard unless flat out lying are saying it ain't coming out when 7.2.5 hits in a few weeks/months. The pre-order argument doesn't work as DH didn't come before the 7.0 pre patch. The only actual reason you are giving me is "i want it" and believe me, I want it to, hell i want it tomorrow.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they probably will be released before. Hopefully it's not a digital pre-order bonus though because I like buying the physical boxes.

See, Zandalari Trolls actually have a storyline in BFA. Dark Iron Dwarves for all we know may have something big as well. We know Magni is an important character now being the puppet of Azeroth and his daughter is the leader of them so maybe she goes to Kul'Tiras for something.

But the other 4 races have storylines we've already done or can do right now. Plus, they want people to have something to do while waiting for the expansion. They are introducing zone scaling but that isn't enough. Playing a brand new race with a mount and a cool armor set at the end IS enough though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying there is no precedence to them as DH didn't work this way at all. Just because you think you need 4 extra months before the expac launches to level some toons doesn't mean blizzard does, and Blizzard unless flat out lying are saying it ain't coming out when 7.2.5 hits in a few weeks/months. The pre-order argument doesn't work as DH didn't come before the 7.0 pre patch. The only actual reason you are giving me is "i want it" and believe me, I want it to, hell i want it tomorrow.
    There's also Warneverchanges.

About 3 weeks before Blizzcon he told us about the Burning of Teldrassil and the Conquest of Lordaeron. He also told us that we'd be getting the Subraces in 7.3.5 one week before Blizzcon.

So... I hold out hope that the first four Allied Races will be in place before 7.3.5 releases and the first 4 get unlocked via the Pre-order bonus.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghargatuloth View Post
    Why is it the four Legion related allied races are essentially fleshed out in the data? Achievements, armor, models, background data for character screen and changing room...

Why is it all four Legion races are there and NOT Dark Iron and Zandalari? They are remaining elusive with their words, in all likelihood we will see the four Legion Allied Races as pre-order bonuses.
    They will be a pre order bonus, but they wont come in 7.3.5

Maybe 1 month before exp release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The ones currently being added in 7.3.5 will likely act as early access content so players have something to do in the leadup to the 8.0 world event. Dark Irons and Zandalari get released at launch so players have something to do once they've exhausted launch content. End result, subscriptions stay active as players try out the new shiny and get to see the level scaling in old expansions as a result.
    This ^, I have a feeling their will be a promo like Preorder Battle for Azeroth & choose 1 Allied Race to level now.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

They push the revamped leveling experience to 7.3.5, but don't add the thing they revamped the leveling experiences for?

Yeah, I doubt it.

All signs point to us getting these first 4 races before BfA. They are the only races heavily included in the PTR for 7.3.5, they are also the only 4 races that make sense to add in earlier.

Highmountain need exhalted with that faction - makes sense to drop them in Legion, when Highmountain rep is relevant
    Nightborne need exhalted with that faction - makes sense to drop them in Legion, when Suramar rep is relevant
    Lightforged possibly need exhalted with Army of Light - makes sense to drop them in Legion, when Army of Light rep is relevant
    Void Elves possibly need exhalted with Argussian Reach - makes sense to drop them in Legion, when Argussian rep is relevant

This can all be locked behind pre-order for BfA and give us a reason to finish reps you may still be working on, give returning players reason to play through Legion content and give us a reason to level new alts through the old world scaling.

Blizzard would be crazy not to capitalise on the benefits here, even with Lore's comment, I see it as nothing more than a diversion and as a way to clarify that even if we see Troll/Dwarf details in this PTR push that *those* ones won't be included.

There's basically NOTHING in the patch related to the proper expansion content like Kul Tiras, Zandalar, the new islands, etc., yet there's everything related to the Allied races except for the ones we'd recruit in the expansion itself.

That does hint that they'll probably be an unlock before the expansion lands.
    If things go as usual, 7.3.5 is the last patch for Legion, meaning they need to add the allied race content to 7.3.5.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2017-12-01 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll have to wait and see, but it makes sense that they'd release allied races along with the new leveling experience. I doubt too many people would be interested in checking out the new scaling otherwise.

I think it would make sense if they were released with 7.3.5 so people have stuff to do until the expansion. Then, when the expansion releases they unveil more of the Allied races.