Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Superteam to Supervillains for the same price as Lance Stephenson. I didn't think I could hate the Warriors more than I did yesterday but here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    AHAHAHAHA, BOOGIE SIGNED WITH THE GSW.

No idea how that is supposed to work with their small ball line ups and how much he is even going to play, but Boogie is almost certainly going to win a title this year, that's for sure. xD
    Dwight Howard crying in the corner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Where he belongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Howard probably taking his talents to South-China and cry into his dollar bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teams are becoming all star teams. How is this really fair for the rest of the NBA? Maybe the smaller market teams should just reform their own league or something. What a joke. Another NBA season where I will just be tuning out.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Philadelphia 76ers are in close discussions on deal to acquire Denver Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler, league sources tell Yahoo." - Shams

Philly trying to use all that cap space they have.

- - - Updated - - -

If this is a big trade though, then the possible Kawhi destinations are starting to dry up and San Antonio must be getting worried. Can't play much poker if both sides know what the cards look like.

- - - Updated - - -

"The 76ers are acquiring Wilson Chandler, a 2021 second round pick and the rights to swap 2022 second round picks with the Nuggets for minimal cash considerations, per source." - Twitter

So apparently not a big trade at all. Kawhi to Philly still very much possible.

Yeah honestly I don't see anything can possibly beat this GSW team.

If Lebron get Leonard, that is probably the only chance, Leonard could do something defensively to GSW shooters atleast...

Demarcus is like a 27/11 center with good passing, and sighed for only 5mil??? Wth that is just crazy, it is obviously he just want a ring.

(I feel bad for Davis now =/ he is my favorite PF in the NBA...)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Trading Wilson Chandler to Philadelphia will save Denver $50M in combined salary and luxury tax. The Nuggets tax bill now drops from $51.3M to $14.3M. The $12.8M Chandler contract can be traded immediately without any restrictions because Philadelphia acquired him with room" - Twitter

I'm still relatively new to NBA off seasons and how the finances of it all work, and I had forgotten that sometimes teams do some crazy shit just to get out of paying too much tax. Solid deal for both sides this way.

Have to be honest though, getting kinda antsy about Marcus Smart signing back. It's the 3rd day already and not a peep yet about ANY of his situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone in Sac I'm okay with the Cousins getting a ring. The Kings did him wrong for enough of his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mena sure, but turing GSW into "Ring Destination" is just generally a bad idea.

Like to me, Dirk's ring will always mean more than KD's or potentially cousins cause he got it with the only team he's ever had, regardless of how bad that team has been lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Lebron just traded himself out of ever seeing another Final.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    "Dwight Howard has finalized a buyout with the Brooklyn Nets and will sign a 1-year deal for the tax MLE with the Washington Wizards once he clears waivers, league sources tell The Athletic" - Weiss

Guess Dwight felt it was too early to cash in in China. In related news: RIP Washington Wizards. Dwight has a new team to ruin the locker room of.

Maybe John Wall will demand a trade to the Lakers next off season?

- - - Updated - - -

"Utah Jazz restricted free agent Dante Exum has agreed to a three-year, $33M contract extension, league sources tell ESPN." - Woj

@Pendulous @-aiko- Good get. Hoping we can sign Marcus Smart to a similar deal. I think he will want more money though...

- - - Updated - - -

"Boogie turned down 2-year, $40M offer from Pelicans before season ended, New Orleans then took deal off the table, per @ThesteinLine" - twitter

OUCH, that's a pretty decent deal and Boogie turned it down. No wonder teams weren;t that interested in signing him and he had to quickly settle for a deal somewhere for very little. He priced himself out of a job.

He would have gotten 20M for the Pelicans, while they knew he'd be out a large part of the season recovering from his Achilles. That's pretty damn generous and would have kept the Pelicans "two towers" approach alive. Anthony Davis must be pretty damn pissed right about now, with how things have gone this off season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, fuck you Boogie. This is going to be the worst, most boring season of basketball ever.

- - - Updated - - -
    @xskarma
    Please please please can your Celtics do everyone a favor and stick it to this super team garbage? You are our only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yeah, fuck you Boogie. This is going to be the worst, most boring season of basketball ever.

- - - Updated - - -
    @xskarma
    Please please please can your Celtics do everyone a favor and stick it to this super team garbage? You are our only hope.
    Errrr, Celtics might still trade for Kawhi Leonard, not sure we're really that much better (morally) then GSW if that comes to fruition.

10+ Year Old Account
    you really want that drama in the locker room xskarma? Because all signs point to the Spurs doing nothing wrong and its Kawhi and his camp that have caused every single issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    you really want that drama in the locker room xskarma? Because all signs point to the Spurs doing nothing wrong and its Kawhi and his camp that have caused every single issue.
    Not saying I want it to happen or it will, but is a team of Kyrie, Hayward, Horford and Kawhi (not to mention Tatum and Brown) really a victory for balance in the league? That's about as ridiculous as the GSW are.

1. Can't fucking believe GSW got probably the most talented Center in the league for pennies. The disparity in this league is actually ridiculous.

2. Lebron to Lakers. I don't mind Lebron switching teams, and LAL is a good destination for him and aligns with his "I'm the face of basketball so I get a ton of endorsements", but to be honest LAL just had Kobe and won a ton of championships. Can some of the other 25 fucking teams in this fucking league get some love? Like not "rookies are decent this year! We could make the playoffs!" nonsense that aiko and Pendulous like, but like. Legit contenders like how xskarma is with Celtics. It's not fair. I honestly think NBA needs to downsize to 24 teams at this point. Maximum.

I don't understand why there are 30 teams when the vast majority of them suck, and most shitty players are getting way overpaid. I hope the NBA gets way less money in the future from TV deals. This is toxic.

3. C'mon Tonus, you're telling me Nets and Knicks will suck again this year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    3. C'mon Tonus, you're telling me Nets and Knicks will suck again this year?
    Nets have no stand out players. Knicks have Porzingis, but he's rehabbing from knee surgery and is probably out for most of the season. Both teams might have an outside shot at playoffs, cause it's the East.

Nets will have some options next season, they'll have cap space and there should be a few marquee free agents. Knicks are kinda screwed, but have a MUCH better young core than the Nets (Porzingis). If they don't do anything foolish, they could maaaaaaybe start to make some moves next season, provided they eat Joakim Noah's contract (I doubt anyone will trade for it, unless the Knicks include picks, which are too valuable).

So, the NY teams are unlikely to compete for the Championship, but they should be fun enough, especially the Knicks when Porzingis returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, never thought this would happen. Tony Parker is going to play next year....for the Charlotte Hornets. :O

I thought for sure he'd retire or play for the Spurs, not extend his career in Charlotte of all places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love you Tony and good luck!

but if Tony wanted more play time, it was right to go somewhere else. Here, he;d be part of a rotation and be more of a mentor. Im ok with this. Franchise legends do more often than not end up somewhere else the last 1-2 years of their carrer. Except Dirk, because that's just Dirk.

Anyone saw Furkan Korkmaz 40 points game ? He seems quite interesting, 76ers got a steal off him.