Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft Short Story: "Terror by Torchlight"

New WoW Books - Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth, Grimoire of the Shadowlands and Beyond

Warcraft Short Story: "Terror by Torchlight"
    Blizzard has published a new Warcraft Short Story "Terror by Torchlight", a prequel to the upcoming book "Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms" by Christie Golden. In this short story, Flynn Fairwind and Mathias Shaw are treasure hunting to uncover powerful artifacts and secrets.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    An army of undead and a powerful, missing artifact complicate Flynn Fairwind and Mathias Shaw’s treasure-hunting adventure in this thrilling tale, the prequel to Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms by Christie Golden.

But the spymaster was all duty in the next heartbeat. “We may be heavily protected, but there’s going to be a lot of wild undead out there. Many of them won’t be stopped by a blade—or your cutting remarks.”

Flynn stealthily reached for his flask, accidentally stealing a glance down. Duskwood’s thick tree canopy hid most of what was going on along the roads. But not all of it. The road was moving.

It was as though a dam had been broken. Bodies ungentled by the soft light of the moon surged toward Darkshire. Here and there were patches of light, but that offered no comfort. If the flood was truly composed of animated corpses, it would take a miracle to turn the tide.

Read the prequel “Terror by Torchlight” now.

The Exploring Azeroth: Eastern Kingdoms book is available at your local retailers and online beginning November 5.

Warcraft Literature Chronology
    If you're into World of Warcraft lore and would like to see all the books, comics and other literature in chronological order then check out the Warcraft Literature Chronology, now updated for Shadowlands!

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-11-02 at 07:46 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to read about Mathias and Flynn *winking* at each other and having a gay old time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish we get an "Exploring Kalimdor" with Rexxar and Rokhan

please god let not the destroyer of teldrassil write the kalimdor book!

I pre-ordered it months ago, but according to Amazon it will be delivered the 24. of November

I hope it has substance to it and isn't just an excuse for a heterosexual to write a homosexual romance story lmao

Yesss, let the fuckation begin

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I hope it has substance to it and isn't just an excuse for a heterosexual to write a homosexual romance story lmao
    I second this. I hope this is more than fetish fodder for sexually frustrated housewives, since I just don't see how the two characters in question could be even remotely relevant to the current story at all. Even as a vehicle for the book the choice is quite baity .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I highly doubt Golden was the one who made that specific story decision. She was just tasked with writing the literature detailing it

Completely off-topic, I know, but it would be so amazing to have that version of Stormwind in-game.

They seem to be really pushing out the romance lately. I am fine with this. I just hope they listen and make Anduin get a bunch of awesome female love interests. This is pretty common is most epic video games.Examples:

So Blizzard if you are listening, your girls (or singular even.. girl) do not cut it. I most definitely don't care about Taelia. So kudos to show you are listening to your audience but can you stop cherry picking. As some of these characters (from the images I posted) helped make the game become the epic success it was. Stop ignoring please and thank you.

Again I can't expect this to happen in an Afterlife expansion(Shadowlands) but still if Blizzard doesn't try make any effort to try and work this to there advantage, It would be a complete waste and I would not be impressed.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-11-03 at 02:15 AM.

Oh boy, they are really pushing their queer agenda forward

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    So Blizzard if you are listening, your girls (or singular even.. girl) do not cut it. I most definitely don't care about Taelia. So kudos to show you are listening to your audience but can you stop cherry picking. As some of these characters (from the images I posted) helped make the game become the epic success it was. Stop ignoring please and thank you.

Again I can't expect this to happen in an Afterlife expansion(Shadowlands) but still if Blizzard doesn't try make any effort to try and work this to there advantage, It would be a complete waste and I would not be impressed.
    Clearly you haven't run into the Tessduin crowd yet. Suffice to say Anduin's got a fair number of suitors. Taelia Fordragon, Tess Greymane, Vanessa VanCleef, and he's historically had Aerin, so he's had 4 possible female pairings and then, of course, Wrathion.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yesss, let the fuckation begin
    i know can you imagine. Whats next a muggle writing books about the day to day lives of magic folk at magic school.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Do we even know who the writer for that Was other then it not being golden?

Unless you mean the person who did e short Story’s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I highly doubt Golden was the one who made that specific story decision. She was just tasked with writing the literature detailing it
    We already know it wasn’t her she said back around when the war bringers came out that she had nothing to do with them so it was all set in stone before they got her to right elegy.

Oh good. They're letting that terrible write create a slash fic about two alliance characters.

I am so sick of Golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is fanfic isn't it? Please don't tell me someone got payed for this?

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Clearly you haven't run into the Tessduin crowd yet. Suffice to say Anduin's got a fair number of suitors. Taelia Fordragon, Tess Greymane, Vanessa VanCleef, and he's historically had Aerin, so he's had 4 possible female pairings and then, of course, Wrathion.
    hes gonna bang the bar maiden with the big boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    golden says in the past that she not like the elves.

on the other side is the new sl writer an elf fan.
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2020-11-03 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Wrathion was just a phase man