Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Most of TBC was awesome!

What I didn't like as much was that we killed Kael'thas(merely a setback) and Illidan(not). Epic fights though. The Zul Aman and Sunwell/Quel'danas story was better told imo.

We did know how it went this way with Illidan, just not why they made it so. I would guess for marketing

The reason is simple, he was full evil, doing evil stuff which included attacking us.
    The big problem is why the hell Blizzard chose to do that with him and Kael'thas. The two really could have been part of a more interesting story than that.

My retroactive headcanon is that the Burning Legion feign-invaded with those handful of portals right by the Dark Portal to make it look like Illidan was invading. We walked in and went "dah, fel orcs, kill 'em!" and didn't really question it.

While we were busy kicking Illidan & Friends in the balls, the Legion was focused on their real plans up in Quel'danas.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    My retroactive headcanon is that the Burning Legion feign-invaded with those handful of portals right by the Dark Portal to make it look like Illidan was invading. We walked in and went "dah, fel orcs, kill 'em!" and didn't really question it.

While we were busy kicking Illidan & Friends in the balls, the Legion was focused on their real plans up in Quel'danas.
    That is basically what happened, per the Illidan book.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    because blizz themselves literally didn't know, if u missed the whole 'because he drop epics' fiasco
    someone on official forums asked why we killed illidan, and the official blue answer was 'because he drop epics', that is why we kill illidan, any other 'reason' was just an excuse to get epics
    ppl complained in vanilla that we were killing some random villain npcs that we had no attachments to, so blizz decided to make TBC full of ppl we knew so we can feel something when we kill them, and they f8cked up
    making illidan villain (legion was a retcon, not continue, blizz were full intended to make him villain not emo anti-hero), make Kaelthas villain (probably the thing that was universally hated), and shove other characters like Karagath who - in vanilla - was presented a hero of horde, and Zul'jin who also is hero and so on
    tl dr : because it didn't make sense and still doesn't, they had to retcon it because it was big mess
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    The broken as a whole don't seem all that big on what's going on and both horde and alliance have no actual reason to care about the broken. Alliance might have a slight level of care due to Draenei relations to karabor but that's about it.

We ran into Outland because of apparent Legion threat. Find Illidan who is also fighting Legion forces and we decide to go put his head on a stick because.... some broken aren't happy? Yeah makes SO much sense.
    because he drop 'epics' as official blue answer said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Which part is shit? Warlords of Draenor is quit cool with alternative universe travel.
    wod sh8t on everything blizz was doing since wc3 days, about noble orcs who were tricked due to being too naive by demons, they made them just flat out savages who will genocide for the lols
    wc3 made it very clear (and Rise of the Horde book) that orcs are shamanistic peaceful tribes who were tricked to fight and regret it deeply, Saurfang speech in wrath was very solid point about it, what we get in WoD is literally someone show up let's kill any non orc for f8ck it no reason and everyone cheer and go on, KJ master plan was shortened to just make them drink, no trick, no dreams, no anything, let's not forget that until this second they still didn't explain the 'legion one and same across all universes' bullsh8t idea, the WORST idea they ever had in entire warcraft history
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

On another planet, far away from us, and for the sake of defeating the Warcraft equivalent of Satan.

I mean yeah, slavery is bad. But I think I'd accept a little slavery if it was to kill pretty much the source of evil in WoW. Worse yet, knowing what we know about the Illidari containing a more elite force than we knew, he stood at least a moderately decent chance of fighting them on his own with Outland as his base of operations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in WarCraft 3, there were tribes against Gul'dan and his ways.
    In Warlords of Draenor, you play with Drekthar,Thrall,Durotar - warrior orcs but rather peaceful.
    In Warlords of Draenor, you play against Iron Horde who is yet again being deceived just now by Garrosh.
    Garrosh dies, Grommash realizes threat is Gul'dan and demons, not Azerothians.
    Grommash gives up his idea to conquer world because he would be conquered by demons.
    Grommash fights agains demons.

I am not sure which games you played.
    in WoD, there is no demon blood to excuse the genocide they do, orcs go full war on every living non-orc in all dreanor, Saurfang regrets killing children, wod orcs don't show any regret, in Rise of the Horde, the orcs in general were against the war and were very hesitant, until they drunk the demon blood they were holding back, to a degree that Gul'dan suspected that the horde will collapse or worse - turn on him - if nothing happens soon
    WoD has nothing of it, Kil'jeadan planned for months, manipulating every single orc clan using ancestor visions to make them think they are right, he even convinced Drek'thar and Durotan (for a while) that they were right and the Draenei are actual demons, wod has nothing about it, there is zero mention of KJ involvement, or why orcs even listened to Gul'dan, since Ner'zhul is still the most important shaman figure, how did Gul'dan fit in alternate AU?
    And u ignored the part about Legion 'one and same' everywhere, how there is 2 velens, but one KJ, and since events in AU are 35 years earlier than MU, that means in MU KJ became demon 35 year prior to AU, but when AU KJ became demon, did he fuse with MU? how can BL lose ANY fight if they have access to all timelines past present and future and know literally everything that happened, happens and will happen due to constant supply of normal ppl become demons and merge in the one single demonic entity across all universes ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that the Humans, the racists of Azeroth, were using Horde races as slaves for quite some time, right? You do know that slavery is a big part of a war, right? Do you actually think the Alliance and the Horde would kill Illidan just because he has "slaves"?
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Well the fel orcs served him too. And they were kidnapping brown orcs to turn them red, so...

But speaking of Illidan, I kinda miss him, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is amazing how you are ready to mix frogs and apples to justify your own point of view....
    it was u who went to defend WoD lore... i pointed how bad it is, be it orcs or non orcs
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    You do know that the Humans, the racists of Azeroth, were using Horde races as slaves for quite some time, right?
    How dare the people who were targeted for total extermination by Legion fueled aliens not kill those aliens when they had the chance! How dare they put the orcs to work as a form of reparations for all the death and destruction the orcs caused! How dare they not put them up in first class suites when they were rebuilding their shattered, burned lands! Before any of that, how dare they fight back instead of simply allowing the Legion's shock troops to slaughter them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/