Mastery gems for all MM hunter slots?

Is it correct to be using mastery gems for all MM gem slots? Not even using 1 agility gem? When I sim using raidbots, I always sim both agility and mastery gems on the gear, and the mastery gem always seems to come out slightly ahead. Is this correct? I now have 3 gem slots on my gear, all filled with mastery gems.

Usually, yes. Since both agi and mastery gems give 40 of the corresponding stat and mastery should have a higher stat weight for everyone with a decent ilvl, mastery gems are more valuable.
    Dependent on your azerite traits, ilvl and secondary stats, some other secondary stat might be better than mastery, but agi should never be the best choice.

So, do I take raidbots numbers as absolute? Are they 100% accurate, giving me the right decision to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    So, do I take raidbots numbers as absolute? Are they 100% accurate, giving me the right decision to make?
    SimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSimSim

And on top of that, what food should I be using keeping that in mind? Boralus Blood Sausage for the 85 agility, or Sailor's Pie for 70 mastery?

And on top of that, what food should I be using keeping that in mind? Boralus Blood Sausage for the 85 agility, or Sailor's Pie for 70 mastery?
    You can sim that aswell: click on "Simulation Options" and "Show more Options" on raidbots to show the consumables/buff selection.

There is no absolute. Every time you get new gear, sim yourself. Your stat priority changes and in some instances azerite choices change. As far as food goes, agility food is usually best, +100 stat.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prostatus911 View Post
    There is no absolute. Every time you get new gear, sim yourself. Your stat priority changes and in some instances azerite choices change. As far as food goes, agility food is usually best, +100 stat.
    Only sith deal in absolutes

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Only sith deal in absolutes
    Which was an incredibly stupid line, since it is an absolute itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Only sims deal in absolutes
    FTFY. Naw, just kidding. Go sim yerself, OP.

Is it correct to be using mastery gems for all MM gem slots? Not even using 1 agility gem? When I sim using raidbots, I always sim both agility and mastery gems on the gear, and the mastery gem always seems to come out slightly ahead. Is this correct? I now have 3 gem slots on my gear, all filled with mastery gems.
    Agility is the worst stat for all 3 hunter specs at all meaningful gear levels, as far as I know.

Mastery is at least 1.5x more valuable for MM. Haste is at least 2x more valuable for SV. What's BM using these days? Crit? Mastery?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prostatus911 View Post
    For most people 100 agi food isn't best. The mastery/haste/crit food would be better, depending on spec.

But feasts are often "free" in your raid, so most people don't bother getting the 20 extra DPS they'd get from farming their own food.

RNG is a bigger contributor to your DPS than your food choice.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they're only as good as the person who made the sim.

Every fight has RNG and no ideal cases (aka movement, mechanics, etc) so there is no such thing as 100% accuracy. But accuracy doesn't matter, because if mastery > agility for DPS, it doesn't matter if the factor is 1.5, 2.0, 10.0.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.