Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is this the first time we've had no stream of threads with xpac speculation?

We should get a new WoW xpac announcement this Blizzcon.

If I remember correctly, every summer before the Blizzcon with the xpac announcement, we were flooded with threads speculating on the theme of the incoming xpac. Is it old gods? Orcs? Lich King Bolvar? Dragons?

This is the first time in the cycle I can remember where we are totally devoid of speculation. People hate BfA but there is also no interest in what is to come.

Pretty interesting.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's a fairly active megathread, that's why.
    No no no. We'd be seeing all kinds of posters throwing down fan xpacs in various threads all over the place by now. Just because a single thread exists, doesn't mean people would congregate there. We'd see 9.0 theory: Dragon Isles! We'd be getting hit with leak threads a lot by now.

I remember the summer before Legion was announced and we were in the pit of WoD. People were truly mad at 6.x. But there was still a lot of passion and fire about what 7.0 was. People speculated Burning Legion to be sure. But some thought it might be Lich King 2.0. Some thought we'd delve deep into the Nightmare.

THIS time, I don't see the passion in speculation. I see indifference. No one cares what 9.0 has.

- - - Updated - - -

And just to be clear, Legion was announced at Gamescom on August 6th, 2015. We're less than 60 days from August 6th, and we basically have ZERO speculation on 9.0.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It’s early june, I’m guessing by mid-July it’ll all start up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    No no no. We'd be seeing all kinds of posters throwing down fan xpacs in various threads all over the place by now. Just because a single thread exists, doesn't mean people would congregate there. We'd see 9.0 theory: Dragon Isles! We'd be getting hit with leak threads a lot by now.

I remember the summer before Legion was announced and we were in the pit of WoD. People were truly mad at 6.x. But there was still a lot of passion and fire about what 7.0 was. People speculated Burning Legion to be sure. But some thought it might be Lich King 2.0. Some thought we'd delve deep into the Nightmare.

THIS time, I don't see the passion in speculation. I see indifference. No one cares what 9.0 has.

- - - Updated - - -

And just to be clear, Legion was announced at Gamescom on August 6th, 2015. We're less than 60 days from August 6th, and we basically have ZERO speculation on 9.0.
    I wouldnt say zero, seen alot of ppl anticipating getting an Old God themed expansion next or undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    I wouldnt say zero, seen alot of ppl anticipating getting an Old God themed expansion next or undead.
    Undead would be interesting... Don't really see old gods as THIS expansion is shaping up to have an old god end like mop.

wow just doesn't matter anymore. it's a shittier version of what it was, the new hot game for younger folks is fortnite.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, it started with 7.3 PTR with Kul Tiras hint. Now 8.3 PTR won't be out at least until September. Also there is no chance for Gamescom reveal, which was hot topic for discussion two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    wow just doesn't matter anymore. it's a shittier version of what it was, the new hot game for younger folks is fortnite.
    TBCH, I wouldn't even classify the typical Fortnite gamer as being in the WoW demographic. Mainly because it's prepubescent and early teen players, and they've all grown up with quick hit-n-quit games, no effort needed, no investment of any sort required, etc.
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-06-10 at 03:31 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

If you'd read that thread, you'd see most of the discussion is about 9.0 and beyond (hence the "and later" portion of the thread title).

If your observation is that there's less shitposting about 9.0 speculation... I'd wager that's probably a good thing but I'm bitter and cynical.

What are you talking about? There's a mega thread on it and people speculate constantly, with the most common being it's going to be a void expansion or a death expansion with Sylvanas being the big bad as she's got no way to get out of this expansion as the Horde leader.

Blizzard has been pretty heavy handed with the void this time around. We know 8.2 is going to end with N'Zoth free so any speculation there is pretty much goes in that direction. There are minor things leading to undeath, such as Bwomsondi, Sylvanas, and Bolvar, but as of now it's not as big, so speculation isn't as common for that.

It also doesn't matter what happened last year; we know that Blizzard isn't going to Gamescom and their Blizzcon last year was weak, so they're saving everything they have for that, which isn't until November. 8.2 will have been out for 3-4 months at that point, we will know what 8.3 (if there even is going to be an 8.3) is going to be, so they'll need something bigger than "Here's a patch!" to generate excitement for their biggest game.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2019-06-10 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If you'd read that thread, you'd see most of the discussion is about 9.0 and beyond (hence the "and later" portion of the thread title).

If your observation is that there's less shitposting about 9.0 speculation... I'd wager that's probably a good thing but I'm bitter and cynical.
    I dont know if you ever deal with people, especially on the internet, but they arent obedient. The odds of them all politely heading for one thread is zero. If there was high anticipation, wed be seeing wild threads all over the place by now, some of them filled with poor punctuation and grammar.

I dont know if you ever deal with people, especially on the internet, but they arent obedient. The odds of them all politely heading for one thread is zero. If there was high anticipation, wed be seeing wild threads all over the place by now, some of them filled with poor punctuation and grammar.
    So your argument is that people are inherently too stupid to use the thread that's designed for this discussion to... discuss this topic?

Okay. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Pretty much this. Old god or undead

5+ Year Old Account
    BfA is so shitty nobody even cares how it continues

10+ Year Old Account
    We should get a new WoW xpac announcement this Blizzcon.

If I remember correctly, every summer before the Blizzcon with the xpac announcement, we were flooded with threads speculating on the theme of the incoming xpac. Is it old gods? Orcs? Lich King Bolvar? Dragons?

This is the first time in the cycle I can remember where we are totally devoid of speculation. People hate BfA but there is also no interest in what is to come.

Pretty interesting.
    There is a mega thread and three side threads already...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is a mega thread and three side threads already...
    Apparently no one is going to read the thread. Its 2 pages long and what you've said has been said several times already and has already been debunked.

This time a lot of the speculation threads have been rolled into New Class threads but even those have died down the past week or so. But I agree with someone above that the closer we get to Gamescon and Blizzon we’ll be neck deep in theory posts.

Also, several full on xpac threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently no one is going to read the thread. Its 2 pages long and what you've said has been said several times already and has already been debunked.
    Okay, so three side threads was too short, and I'm sorry, could've sworn one of them were working to be a megathread... Here you go... Speculation threads involving 9.0+Next expansion. I didn't include class speculation threads, just overall from General Discussion. A lot of further speculation is in Discord's or shadowed thoughts as many burn their hype on classic.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Dynamic-Talent
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...arcraft-REVAMP!
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ousing-for-9-0
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nt-At-Blizzcon
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...next-expansion
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ch-allied-race
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Next-Expansion
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Gods-expansion
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ct-Expansion-9

Besiddes, we don't have much to work on yet, other than 'Old Gods'. More discussion tends to become lively around GamesCon before BlizzCon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why bother? Bfa killed wow for a good bit of the playerbase (wod has higher mau by double) and with classic looming over the horizon; 9.0 would have to be simply the best expac ever made to pull me back in.

I’m talking vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and legion put together in one mega wow 2.0 expac.

The whole seasonal wow just kinda... sucks