Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I farmed WQ's without extreme frustration without flying. That is laziness talking.
    Apparently mobs aggro me every other step and terrain is designed to be hard to navigate because I'm lazy. OK. Wise man you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    At least wod had good/fun classes and content to do.
    WoD had content? REALLY? What content? Absolutely nothing worth noting besides raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    If "one" believes. I don't think it's impossible but it's far, far less likely than it was before. They've made it increasingly apparent that they care less and less what we think every day.
    "Before" is a really long time ago. The current generation of WoW designers has been in charge since 2013 and they aggressively push back against communicating with players. It isn't just that they have no interest in it, or feel it's a waste of time. They think it's a bad thing, actively harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    "Before" is a really long time ago. The current generation of WoW designers has been in charge since 2013 and they aggressively push back against communicating with players. It isn't just that they have no interest in it, or feel it's a waste of time. They think it's a bad thing, actively harmful.
    Watcher was responsive on a number of key issues during WOD, and was still somewhat open to communication during LGN. I think a few of the others who tried it just couldn't handle the toxicity. You have to have a thick skin for it because there are players who can and will be extremely abusive and seem to think anger and rage will get them what they want which is something I have never understood. If you are abusive toward anyone, they will shut down and stop listening to you. Though as a few wise devs have said, there is something to be learned from even some of the most angry and abusive players. Just in another thread on MMO, I ran into someone who was irrationally angry and vicious, yet I could still partially see through some of it to a few of the issues he's upset about. Hell, I even agree with some of it. But I can totally understand that the devs do not want to be screamed at and will turn a deaf ear as a result.

I mean why have flying when they can just remove the world and have you instantly teleport to any dungeon. That would be a lot less tedious than being on the ground everywhere.

They may as well remove trash in dungeons because its just tedious and only there to increase your play time for the shareholders at activision.

/s

Too long to explain. In short: flying removes unnecessary elements, like unnecessary aggro, combat, getting from point A to point B, that aren't content by themselves, but are used by devs to pad real content, i.e. waste our time. Yeah, I admit, that may be this elements are needed at some early stages of xpack, when such things, as exploration, should exist. But once content becomes routine, such elements are no longer needed.

Example: Nazjatar. When my daily quest tells me to collect 5 items around whole map, that aren't shared, so the more players are around me - the lesser chance to find this items, also riding around terrible terrain and killing crowds of mobs - are just unnecessary elements.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Watcher was responsive on a number of key issues during WOD
    Ghostcrawler used to respond to players in the forums. It was a whole different ballgame. Don't get me wrong, I often disagreed with what GC said, but he did communicate with players.

They used to have private forums where top guilds, class bloggers, and theorycrafters would discuss the game and offer feedback. They stopped reading them and eventually closed them entirely.

They really did completely give up on talking to players.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler used to respond to players in the forums. It was a whole different ballgame. Don't get me wrong, I often disagreed with what GC said, but he did communicate with players.

They used to have private forums where top guilds, class bloggers, and theorycrafters would discuss the game and offer feedback. They stopped reading them and eventually closed them entirely.

They just read forums now and even reddit .

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Apparently mobs aggro me every other step and terrain is designed to be hard to navigate because I'm lazy. OK. Wise man you are.
    It isn't designed to be hard. The terrain is very easy to navigate. As for mobs, get the mount equipment that makes you daze proof. This isn't hard.

- - - Updated - - -

THe3y stopped talking to players because the players became too toxic not to mention the players were unable to act like adults. I'd stop talking to the players too when all they do is whine, insult you, and act like 4 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People want to fly.

Blizzard should take the hint and 1) reduce pathfinder to 1 part, 2) have it completable no later than the .1 patch and 3) have the tasks be relevant to flight and not silly shit like rep.

They'll do none of this, of course
    Yeah, having flying after pathfinder part 1 at launch makes sense to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    It isn't designed to be hard. The terrain is very easy to navigate. As for mobs, get the mount equipment that makes you daze proof. This isn't hard.
    Yes it's hard to navigate. Nazjatar is full of areas which have 2-3 layers on top of each other and the map gives very few pointers. I wasn't complaining about daze, rather about constantly having to deal with unwanted mob aggro due to huge mob density.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    They just read forums now and even reddit .
    I didn't discuss whether they read or not. I imagine they probably do, but they don't communicate directly with players. That is standard operating policy at Blizzard now.

Because being grounded is so fucking 12 years ago.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yes it's hard to navigate. Nazjatar is full of areas which have 2-3 layers on top of each other and the map gives very few pointers. I wasn't complaining about daze, rather about constantly having to deal with unwanted mob aggro due to huge mob density.
    I saw this a lot before resubbing
    Havent found naz difficult to navigate at all.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Watcher was responsive on a number of key issues during WOD, and was still somewhat open to communication during LGN. I think a few of the others who tried it just couldn't handle the toxicity. You have to have a thick skin for it because there are players who can and will be extremely abusive and seem to think anger and rage will get them what they want which is something I have never understood. If you are abusive toward anyone, they will shut down and stop listening to you. Though as a few wise devs have said, there is something to be learned from even some of the most angry and abusive players. Just in another thread on MMO, I ran into someone who was irrationally angry and vicious, yet I could still partially see through some of it to a few of the issues he's upset about. Hell, I even agree with some of it. But I can totally understand that the devs do not want to be screamed at and will turn a deaf ear as a result.
    Can you name any specific instance of where the game actually changed in response to player feedback to watcher, or was it just another spin interview where Ion dictates to the players?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    I mean why have flying when they can just remove the world and have you instantly teleport to any dungeon. That would be a lot less tedious than being on the ground everywhere.

They may as well remove trash in dungeons because its just tedious and only there to increase your play time for the shareholders at activision.

/s
    I get the sarcasm here, but they really should look at removing MEANINGLESS trash and world encounters. The two biggest complaints about the open world are the irritating terrain, and the absolute swarms of dazing trash mobs.

The terrain is something that could be addressed with flying. The swarms of dazing trash mobs should be replaced with fewer, but more dangerous/intelligent encounters. This applies to dungeons as well. Leave the steamrolling of thousands of inconsequential enemies to the Diablo games. WoW needs more meaningful encounters outside of boss fights.

FF14 does flying unlocks so much better it's insane.

THe3y stopped talking to players because the players became too toxic not to mention the players were unable to act like adults. I'd stop talking to the players too when all they do is whine, insult you, and act like 4 year olds.
    You don't interact with the 1% of players who are raging and being toxic. You mute them and move on to talk and interact with the passionate, courteous, and well-written posters.

The problem is that the CMs failed at their jobs. They focused on the idiots spamming nonsense, and made the assumption that it was a representation of the entire playerbase.

By now I wish I had rushed too. With people flying, rares die in seconds while I’m still finding my way through that fucking maze. Worst implementation of flying ever. Just give us fucking flying after getting max level, explorer and finishing the zone questlines. Blizzard keeps saying they want us to experience the game on foot first. Well, I did, months ago! And now my experience sucks even more, because I don’t rush. Thanks Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Being on the ground is boring. Nazjatar is worse then Argus in terms of area design.
    I won't touch the rest of Bfa but I find it hard to imagine something worse than Argus. Then again Ion and his team of dastardly pesky wonderdevs has shown they can push past the boundaries.
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2019-07-12 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I'm won't touch the rest of Bfa but I find it hard to imagine something worse than Argus. Then again Ion and his team of dastardly pesky wonderdevs has shown they can push past the boundaries.
    To be fair, Nazjatar and Mechagon along with a few other improvements in 8.2 are a step in the right direction. A small step, with some flaws, but a step forward none-the-less.

They've got a long way to go still, but it's at least hopeful. We'll see what happens in 8.2.5 and 8.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I’m still finding my way through that fucking maze.
    Aren't you enjoying that immersion into new and never before seen worlds ?