Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Twitch / Youtube views
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They want to fly so it is easier to do all the stuff they just rushed through to get flying ?
    Basically..... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People want to fly.

Blizzard should take the hint and 1) reduce pathfinder to 1 part, 2) have it completable no later than the .1 patch and 3) have the tasks be relevant to flight and not silly shit like rep.

They'll do none of this, of course
    I wouldn't even mind if they adopt the FFXIV model. You need to atune yourself to the map you are on (find the attunement points), which usually means you need to complete it first, then you can fly. No content skipping, but you also don't have to suffer through 3 patches of crawling around on the floor when you've already seen everything of note.

As for the topic itself: As a horde player? To counteract the atrocious design of Dazar'alor.

Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    Since patch came ppl are rushing like mad to get it done,i just came online and on my guild chat ppl where berserk on farming that rep ,asking where and how to get it done faster and questioning everyone on the hidden stuff like fishing quests that gives rep etc.I am just in awe the last 7 days i cant believe you are rushing to get this achivement where you will get it overtime in the next week anyway.Where are you gonna fly once you get the pathfinder?For farming arch?no one is looking forward to that.Everything we do is instanced ppl,arenas ,mythic+,raids ,you dont need to get there faster its already .Cant be to do more WQs? I have a friend came back to wow just to get this achivement,like he doesnt even move from SW since spaming bgs and a random hc and goes off.
    Not gona lie i am having a blast with the new patch and pvp in nazjatar can be good if its a even shard and mechagon feels fresh also,adding flying to it will cancel it all and it will be same as tanaan jungle .Am i in the wrong here? what am i missing if i logically play this game and get what i find interesting in this game anyway without being burned out?
    While I admit, that all previous BFA content could be done without flying, Nazjatar is specifically designed to be unplayable without flying. And it's just that sweet terrible "Do things, you hate, in order to earn ability to skip them" design, Blizzard just can't get rid of it, not understanding, why we hate things, like "If you want to kill that elite mob for daily quest, you first need to get through extremely populated area. And don't even try to rush through - we have intentionally put such large amount of mobs there, that you wouldn't survive, if you'd try to kill all the trail of mobs, you'd aggro." Blizzard still don't understand, that some players don't need their Vanilla or some other "challenging" crap and that if they implement some challenge - this challenge should be 100% OPTIONAL. Like Mage Tower, Mythic+ or raids. I.e. if I don't want to do this content - I just don't go there.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Im not touching mechagon or nazjatar on my alts until i have flying. Naj especially is awful to traverse.

7-8k rep through honoured with both rustbolt and unshackled so should only take me a couple more days
    I guess i love pain. I unlocked mech and naz on 8 toons. 7 for farming 2 two mounts. 1 for grinding rep ;D
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Not sure about Mechagon, cuz it's better, but there is nothing to do there for me, but I don't think, I will do Nazjatar even after getting flying, as it's way too overtuned and flying won't fix this problem. Mob damage should be nerfed by around 20-30% first. It should be comfortable to do it in base 385 gear, otherwise it would be too much struggling to do it on alts, to bear it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Probably sunk cost, people have been wanting to fly since 8.0.5, its almost a year since BFA launch, might as well finish it and never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Probably sunk cost, people have been wanting to fly since 8.0.5, its almost a year since BFA launch, might as well finish it and never come back.
    Yeah, and this. While I think, that Pathfinder itself is something like anti-bot measure, that prevents botters from having flying on newly created character, otherwise Blizzard would just grant flying after X amount of time-gating, if they want it so much, Part II is completely unnecessary, as waiting for a year itself - is big enough thing to also force players to do some badly designed content to unlock flying. It would be just Part I + waiting for a year.

Anti-flyers should just clearly understand one thing. Back in Legion Blizzard broke their own WOD promise - "Master content on a ground - get flying". I.e. created no-flying-forever content after players had already unlocked flying. BFA is more fair in this case. You have been having no flying for a year? It's our turn now to have flying for a year. Just deal with it.

But I personally don't do all this badly designed content to get my flying. I do bearable parts only. That's why I only have 4k/6k on both reps now.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-07-03 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    to be able to fly in zuldazar/kul'tiras/nazjatar/mechagon and do all the same things but faster

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

What do you mean? Now we can finally play the game.

Most likely PF2 and rustfeather mount will take me longer to get than tusks of manny. *that was 5 months of 3 tries a week*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Rushing? The expansion is almost over.
    I got some sad news for you then its only the mid patch so nope nowhere near over sir lol!

i want to fly as fast as possible to get a few days of easy-to-get mats that still sell for a lot before the majority of people get flying and prices drop again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I been playing this expansion nonstop since day one. I have literally had enough of this no flying crap and in previous expansions prior to BFA, I could have literally cared less about flying. I have to say this the first expansion since I started playing this game that I could literally not wait to flying. I have alts I need to level up and gear, flying helps to make that process faster, by not having to take a flight path to a zone or part of a zone in which I am not at all wanting to go to, but am forced into doing so. The two new zones are much of the same content that I have been playing for months. Both zones are annoying as hell from the standpoint of dragging endless mobs around or running into packs of mobs. What makes Mech tolerable is the jetpac and if that were not in play, then it would suck as much as Nazjatar.

Nazjatar in and of itself is the one zone that has literally made me want to get to revered as soon as humanly possible so I no longer am forced into interacting with the surface of the zone for long periods of time. I usually take my troll hunter through new content before any other character. This patch I chose my human warrior for obvious reasons to grind the rep out faster and shave off at least a couple days, if not more to get to flying sooner rather than later. I will endure both zones long enough to get exalted on my hunter, because I only need three more factions to get to 100, otherwise I would not bother. Nazjatar IMO is the worst zone I have played through in this game. The phasing and sharding alone make the zone about as unpleasant as one zone could be.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Rushing? The expansion is almost over.
    Almost over? There is still over a year left. It is literally at the halfway point now. That is not "almost over".

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    People care because they want access to a feature which was easily obtainable after leveling and a gold investment from TBC until WoD. Blizzard originally planned to entirely omit flying from Draenor until the players complained. Now we're stuck with this time gated grind to fly. It's stupid.
    First of all. It wasnt easyl accessible in TBC becouse it cost tons of gold and took weeks and months of farming that gold. Blizard change it becouse they recognized that flying was never good thing to add. And since becouse they cant just take it out from the game and we got pathfinder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Being on the ground is boring. Nazjatar is worse then Argus in terms of area design. I'll be glad when I finish pathfinder part 2 and can only hope Activision will replace the devs responsible for delaying flying.
    It isnt boring. You just dont like playing mmorpg games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People want to fly.

Blizzard should take the hint and 1) reduce pathfinder to 1 part, 2) have it completable no later than the .1 patch and 3) have the tasks be relevant to flight and not silly shit like rep.

They'll do none of this, of course
    People also want vendor with full mythic gear items for 50 gold each. So maybe Blizzad should add it right? Just becouse people want something it doesnt make it good thing. Flying only add covinience and just like with LFR is there is huge list of cons what it takes away from the game.

I killed more rares in Nazjatar as a passenger on a friend's flying mount in 30 minutes than I had managed to kill in the previous 6 days of the patch. Nazjatar is absolutely horrendous to navigate on the ground - it works so much better with a flying mount. You can fly around, look for rares on the mini-map and reach them before they're dead. Unlike ground mounts where you can literally ride around for 2 hours and not find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Because flying returns time that would otherwise be wasted traveling. Real life time, instead of wasting it getting bored by arbitrary developer rules so you are forced to look at their zone design 100 million times, you get time to do fun and enjoyable things. There is no other commodity more precious.
    So you would rather have lobby game without any world at all. Like League of Legends? So you can just spam dungeons and raids becouse everything els is there just to waste your time right? Maybe you just dont like rpg games have you think about it? Classic have only ground mounts. Why people playing it doesnt feel like they wasting time traveling? Oh yeah becouse world is huge part of rpg games and making it all skippable completly ruins that world. And no idc if you alredy done and seen that content. This game isnt about your personal experience thats why it is called mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Because flying returns time that would otherwise be wasted traveling. Real life time, instead of wasting it getting bored by arbitrary developer rules so you are forced to look at their zone design 100 million times, you get time to do fun and enjoyable things. There is no other commodity more precious.
    What fun and enjoyable things does BfA have in open world?

Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    Since patch came ppl are rushing like mad to get it done,i just came online and on my guild chat ppl where berserk on farming that rep ,asking where and how to get it done faster and questioning everyone on the hidden stuff like fishing quests that gives rep etc.I am just in awe the last 7 days i cant believe you are rushing to get this achivement where you will get it overtime in the next week anyway.Where are you gonna fly once you get the pathfinder?For farming arch?no one is looking forward to that.Everything we do is instanced ppl,arenas ,mythic+,raids ,you dont need to get there faster its already .Cant be to do more WQs? I have a friend came back to wow just to get this achivement,like he doesnt even move from SW since spaming bgs and a random hc and goes off.
    Not gona lie i am having a blast with the new patch and pvp in nazjatar can be good if its a even shard and mechagon feels fresh also,adding flying to it will cancel it all and it will be same as tanaan jungle .Am i in the wrong here? what am i missing if i logically play this game and get what i find interesting in this game anyway without being burned out?
    I don't know. Flying is fundamently flawed and the content provided has nothing to do with flying. I wish they reworked how flying works and design content around both flying and not flying. Maybe do pathfinder 1, get flying, unlock new areas, where flying is a resource like mana. The longer you fly, the slower you go and eventually you can only glide and you'll have to walk on the ground a bit to recharge. I don't know. Just something, the current flying is so wierd.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.