Poll: Who are you rooting for to claim QUEEN AZSHARA?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Method: reduces their healer roster to 2
    Blizzard logic: let's nerf the boss and reduce the healing requirements. That'd get them to use more healers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Now imagine if Limit would have copied Method with the obviously superior tactic (2heal/bl for p4) maybe they could kill the boss this reset and not have to do it next reset.
    I don't think it was obvious Limit's strat couldn't work until they got deep into p4. By which point its to late to switch strats and relearn the fight before Method will for sure kill it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Now imagine if Limit would have copied Method with the obviously superior tactic (2heal/bl for p4) maybe they could kill the boss this reset and not have to do it next reset.
    You don't "just copy" it. It's a decision made days before when deciding loot, comps, etc.

Method tactic wasn't working until blizz nerfed the stack duration. That's why even they tried 3 healing. Just saying.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Method: reduces their healer roster to 2
    Blizzard logic: let's nerf the boss and reduce the healing requirements. That'd get them to use more healers, right?
    Blizzard actual logic: Let's design a boss that, once again, caters to absorbs and damage reduction. Surely there isn't a healing spec that can bring both of those things while also doing damage. It's not like people ran double Disc for Cabal or anything. (except that one had some actual healing to be done)

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Okay dude, if making fun of a clearly sexually deviant comment makes me a fedora tipper (despite the fact I've never owned a fedora, nor do I especially care about the woman in question) in your mind - have fun being that silly.
    There was nothing deviant about his comment. You have issues.

Ive hated method for so long for no reason other than they win every race, but just watching them from an outside perspective and interacting with others they just seem like genuine dudes that work hard. Props to Method, consider me a converted fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Method tactic wasn't working until blizz nerfed the stack duration. That's why even they tried 3 healing. Just saying.
    Too many biased people forget this, Limit was having the more consistent and better pulls daily and then Blizzard come along and mess everything up with nerfs. It's got to be tilting for a fight to be nerfed in your opponent's favor after all the time you've put in and you can't just easily switch everything around.

So stupid blizzard ALLOWED the final phase to be 2-healable. And that applies no matter which guild was trying it. I would say the same thing if iLimit was the ones doing it.

Bizz saw Methods 2 heal strat before any guild had gotten to p4, and could have easily made last minute changes (which nobody would have seen prior - so still fair to everyone) to ensure 2 heal wasnt viable when guilds finally got there.

Its just silly for any fight, especially endbosses, to have 2 healers.

Memes aside, this reminds me a bit of Star Augar pre-nerf. The boss was a hard DPS check which was ultimately nerfed after the first round of guilds killed it by massively under healing. Blizzard then changed a few mechanics and greatly relaxed the DPS requirement. Method's current 2 heal strat is effective due to the steep DPS requirements but Limit's strat is likely more in line with how Blizzard intends the fight to be approached. They simply do not have the required gear to effectively end P4 before the soft enrage of mechanics overwhelms them. If anything, Limit getting as deep into P4 as they are only emphasizes the potency of Method's strat.

Perhaps it's the American in me but I really don't think Limit took the implicitly wrong approach, it's just that they learned their strat was ineffective (without more gear) far too deep into progression.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Too many biased people forget this, Limit was having the more consistent and better pulls daily and then Blizzard come along and mess everything up with nerfs. It's got to be tilting for a fight to be nerfed in your opponent's favor after all the time you've put in and you can't just easily switch everything around.
    Wat? are you crazy? Limit could never go pass the adds with the 2 min timer and 3 healers. The nerf helped them way more than Method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Okay dude, if making fun of a clearly sexually deviant comment makes me a fedora tipper (despite the fact I've never owned a fedora, nor do I especially care about the woman in question) in your mind - have fun being that silly.
    Stop trying to be some white knight acting all superior. Men look at women, who would've known?

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    So stupid blizzard ALLOWED the final phase to be 2-healable. And that applies no matter which guild was trying it. I would say the same thing if iLimit was the ones doing it.

Bizz saw Methods 2 heal strat before any guild had gotten to p4, and could have easily made last minute changes (which nobody would have seen prior - so still fair to everyone) to ensure 2 heal wasnt viable when guilds finally got there.

Its just silly for any fight, especially endbosses, to have 2 healers.
    Why? This happens a lot, them using 2 healers is probably the equivalent of other guilds using 4. Nothing wrong with that, they're just way better at managing their damage reductions and such. Method has always been insane with DPS as well, color me shocked if Limit even kills it this reset without changing their strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Perhaps it's the American in me but I really don't think Limit took the implicitly wrong approach, it's just that they learned their strat was ineffective (without more gear) far too deep into progression.
    Limit doesn't seem to want to adapt like Method does. Limit should already know by now that the strat they're using is never going to meet the DPS check even with an extra console but they refuse to change it. I'd say Method is much better at creating strats and theorycrafting than Limit is and that is probably why they're winning the world first.

btw guys remember that roger and justw8 are going back to work tomorrow so they will have to bring in a brand new tank and train him from 0 ?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Wat? are you crazy? Limit could never go pass the adds with the 2 min timer and 3 healers. The nerf helped them way more than Method.
    They actually came very close back when Method was still far away from clean phase 3. They got all sirens down, but the final myrmiddon was just slaughtering them with buffed spears. I really doubt either guild would have been able to kill everything - and even if that happened, Azshara would be at 60% anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting a kill by now.

Regarding Method I usually root against them because I find it boring to have the same winner every time, but I think it's pretty petty to "hate" them just because they're not "your" team. It's pretty easy to hate their fanbase, though. Jesus Christ the toxicity.

I was rooting for Pieces initially, but tbh they haven't really been in contention unfortunately. So I defaulted to Limit. Oh well! Hopefully with the race getting being so exposed now everybody picks up their game and perhaps we start to see some new faces rise up.

0.9% already, only 350+ pulls, looks like Azshara is not tough enough, just like Jaina Proudmore

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Blizzard actual logic: Let's design a boss that, once again, caters to absorbs and damage reduction. Surely there isn't a healing spec that can bring both of those things while also doing damage. It's not like people ran double Disc for Cabal or anything. (except that one had some actual healing to be done)
    "B-b-but Disc is a 50% damage, 50% healing spec!"

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    btw guys remember that roger and justw8 are going back to work tomorrow so they will have to bring in a brand new tank and train him from 0 ?
    There's no way this boss doesn't die today by the hands of Method, not after a 0.8% wipe which they could've prevented by soaking that console a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    For one, the 2 heal strat was always superior, just the guilds weren't actually reaching the point it would matter for a long time, which is why it didn't appear to be an advantage & secondly Limit's pulls were more consistent because they had 3 healers, when Method briefly swapped to 3 they were super consistent too.

+ sure Limit was ahead in P3 although they'd put more time in, they never killed 3 adds cleanly though, they always just wiped to the enraged Myrmidon at the end, so if that phase was never nerfed I doubt they'd be far into P4 at all by this point & their strat isn't good enough for P4 at these gear levels anyways so maybe fully un-nerfed fight they'd have gotten world first but probably not for another week or 2.