Poll: Forgive the Horde?

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post

As far as their personal stories go, you can go all ham there and give Forsaken players what they've actually signed up for.
    I think what you think this line means, what the writers think it means, and what every respective player thinks this means... are all very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I think what you think this line means, what the writers think it means, and what every respective player thinks this means... are all very different things.
    Just watch either the Vanilla or Cataclysm intro, they tell you all you need to know about the Forsaken's intended route in a nutshell.

Suffice to say about as many Forsaken players volunteered to be Anduin's sadsack groupies who just want human hugs as did Night Elf players signing up to be the same thing, though the night elves did get the added benefit of being kicked in the balls every other patch.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Just watch either the Vanilla or Cataclysm intro, they tell you all you need to know about the Forsaken's intended route in a nutshell.

Suffice to say about as many Forsaken players volunteered to be Anduin's sadsack groupies who just want human hugs as did Night Elf players signing up to be the same thing, though the night elves did get the added benefit of being kicked in the balls every other patch.
    still... we have shit like golden's forsaken, vanilla forsaken, post cata forsaken, psychopath forsaken (almost all the npc's ever added post launch), and then still more variants of undead who don't fall in with those typical 'forsaken' stereotypes.

Assuming that players 'signed up' for something because of one person's interpretation of how that group should be viewed is going to be skewed.

7+ Year Old Account
    i didn't vote as horde player
    but the war need to continue
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

This thread is pretty terrible, Jesus. Hope it’s not a reflection of the rest of these forums. Also the poll sucks since it’s loaded. What if you think there’s nothing to forgive? What if you think you wouldn’t forgive but wouldn’t want revenge? At least put “other” ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You're right, that's an assumption on my part, but their personal stories can vary to display all aspects of Forsaken society. My point though was to keep the genocidal ones strictly in there so it clashes as little as possible with rest of the Horde ones. You don't need to tell all the particular race's stories immediately, all at the same time.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2019-09-14 at 06:03 AM.

Why does Baine naively believe that Alliance will forgive them? Why is it the most possible scenario anyway?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Why does Baine naively believe that Alliance will forgive them? Why is it the most possible scenario anyway?
    It is an assumption, and a big one at that, that the Alliance would, or even should, have to forgive the Horde *again* for being vicious and genocidal. There reaches a point where being forgiving is just screwing yourself over.

Come on, Anduin is in charge (And where Anduin leads, everybody follows!), of course we'll forgive the Horde, again, and after a few years get stabbed in the back by them, AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Come on, Anduin is in charge (And where Anduin leads, everybody follows!), of course we'll forgive the Horde, again, and after a few years get stabbed in the back by them, AGAIN.
    Since when has Anduin's command been followed?

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Hey, a few more magnanimous forgiving by the Alliance and the Horde won't have to betray them again. There won't be any left for them to betray eventually.

It's sort of comical. It's like walking into a neighborhood, brutally murdering the family and taking their stuff, then saying "sorry, my bad" to avoid any consequences, and then waiting a bit and going on to the next house and doing the exact same thing, murder and desecrate the family, take their stuff, and then say sorry.

lol, no. No more retarded "Draenor is free!" moments where we somehow forget that the Horde just keeps the genocide rolling, whatever the current excuse is.

Wipe them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    lol, no. No more retarded "Draenor is free!" moments where we somehow forget that the Horde just keeps the genocide rolling, whatever the current excuse is.

Wipe them out.
    For that to happen Blizzard has to finally not listen to the playerbase and deliver the story they should deliver without puting gameplay above lore.

It feels like Anduin and Jaina intend to as long as Sylvanas is ousted from the warchief position.

I'm still concerned other groups with more personal grievances to her will simply be told to fall in line, like the night elves and worgen, who are currently still having lands burned and the ashes salted with blight, and the survivors enslaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    If by the end of BfA the Alliance and the Horde make peace after a new Horde Warchief is chosen, will you (Alliance players) accept and forgive them after all Sylvanas made them do like Anduin probably would, or you would prefer to join a vengeful Tyrande and continue the war until they have lost as much as the night elves did?
    What do you mean by peace? Do you mean Sylvanas burns down Teldrassil, Stormwind, and blights Ironforge and the Goat Islands and the few surviving alliance bend the knee? That kind of peace? Sure.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhokoura View Post
    There is nothing to forgive. Alliance started the war and should seek forgiveness but get none.
    Could you tell me again at which point the ALLIANCE started the war?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    They'll likely site the unprovoked attacks on military forces on the shores of the Broken Isles OR the hostile actions taken against goblin workers OR the last Living Menethil rallying a coup against Sylvanas OR the forces dispatched from Darnassus to help persuade the horde to stop mining in Silithus...

some serious 'Why didn't those trigger the war' discussions already exist but it sums up to the horde started this war becuase the horde were chosen to be the aggressors because the author said so.... despite the story really misleading us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It feels like Anduin and Jaina intend to as long as Sylvanas is ousted from the warchief position.

I'm still concerned other groups with more personal grievances to her will simply be told to fall in line, like the night elves and worgen, who are currently still having lands burned and the ashes salted with blight, and the survivors enslaved.
    Given how Jaina seems to flip from REMEMBERING THERAMORE to remorseful daughter I wait for when she returns to murderous mode again. Given that she showed up ready to obliterate the undercity while entirely unaware of Teldrassil's destruction.

It was when they made their tree so darn flammable. They had it coming, really.

And then they had the audacity to be so huffy about it they attacked Sylvanas at the Undercity, where she was seen graciously saving all the forsaken orphans and puppies on the scene from the Alliance's path of destruction before resorting to the last ditch effort of trapping the Alliance inside and sacrificing her beloved city.

You see, minor skirmishes are overlooked and forgiven by Alliance, but justify full genocidal rampages by the Horde. I eagerly await the next idiot faction war filler expansion, started by someone taking an orc's last cookie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    For that to happen Blizzard has to finally not listen to the playerbase and deliver the story they should deliver without puting gameplay above lore.
    What you asked is exactly what we got with Dazar'alor and that didn't help anything.