Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    It's their own story and lore. THEY get to dictate what can and can't happen, not you. You don't have to like it, but that's how it is...
    Trust me I know. I was taking your stance in a different conversation the other day. I'm allowed to be frustrated with it though!

We dont know if Nerzuhl was really taken out either. Frostmourne was just a sword, Nerzuhl was trapped in Northrend within a block of ice bound to the armor. Only Frostmourne got shattered at icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    We dont know if Nerzuhl was really taken out either. Frostmourne was just a sword, Nerzuhl was trapped in Northrend within a block of ice bound to the armor. Only Frostmourne got shattered at icecrown.
    In the book it was portrayed as Nerzul and Arthas fully merging, yet in the artefact questline we fought remanents of him still. I'm fairly certain at this point that everything goes in that regard, depending on what the latest hack writer wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    A single Death Knight? He was one of the preeminent Death Knights. Zeliek's powers were tied to him being a paladin in life. Kor'Thazz cast fire spells because he was a death knight imbued with the power. The power of fire.

Not to mention... you know, the fact that every deathcharger burns with fire, and leave trails of fire of some description in their wake.

The headless horseman is absolutely a death knight. He was raised by a dreadlord using the same powers that were invested upon arthas and that were used to craft Frostmourne and the helm of damnation.

And he certainly uses fire.

Yep.

And? Obviously Blizzard didn't think that fire was too "confusing" for the Death Knight theme, seeing as multiple armor sets depict them with fiery accents, including numerous artifact appearances as well.

And neither of those armor sets are from Firelands, by the way.

I'm really seeing no compelling reason to not have fire DKs, seeing as there have been DKs that use fire, scourge units that use fire, scourge inhabited regions thoroughly suffused with fire, and DK sets and items that all have a fiery theme.

So to recap, we have no reason why DKs wouldn't be able to use fire, no reason to suspect they wouldn't be able to be imbued with fire, and no reason that it's outside the theme of their class, especially considering that Bolvar Fordragon is... oh, what was it? Oh yeah! ON FIRE.
    I wish people would stop parroting YouTubers like bellular that made videos based on fake leaks

So, you can be a Death Knight with a 4th spec that's Fire based and will probably called Ashes spec. Oh thou unkindled undead... Dark Souls 3 in WoW confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    In the book it was portrayed as Nerzul and Arthas fully merging, yet in the artefact questline we fought remanents of him still. I'm fairly certain at this point that everything goes in that regard, depending on what the latest hack writer wants.
    Alex likes to retcon , don't forget. =P

Boiled blood spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    I wish people would stop parroting YouTubers like bellular that made videos based on fake leaks
    I'm not parroting anyone. I have no clue who Bellular is.

Death Knights and the scourge have a storied history utilizing fire. Simple as that.

And I'm not saying it needs to be a fourth spec for DKs. I don't think a fourth spec is necessary for any class. I'm saying it could easily be passed off as a cosmetic thing, like green fire for warlocks was.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm not parroting anyone. I have no clue who Bellular is.

Death Knights and the scourge have a storied history utilizing fire. Simple as that.

And I'm not saying it needs to be a fourth spec for DKs. I don't think a fourth spec is necessary for any class. I'm saying it could easily be passed off as a cosmetic thing, like green fire for warlocks was.
    The whole thread is based on a video he made based on a fake leak so there you go

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole thread is based on a video he made based on a fake leak so there you go
    That's nice. I'm rebutting the notions that DKs couldn't have a fire-themed cosmetic thing because of nonsensical claim of "lack of precedent."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

That's nice. I'm rebutting the notions that DKs couldn't have a fire-themed cosmetic thing because of nonsensical claim of "lack of precedent."
    Lore and gameplay don't always match hence why undead players are viewed as humanoid and not undead.

The litch king got his frost powers because nerzhul could control the elements.
    There is no more bolvar

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore and gameplay don't always match
    Why does it have to affect gameplay at all? I said it could be entirely cosmetic.

hence why undead players are viewed as humanoid and not undead.
    Not really relevant.

The litch king got his frost powers because nerzhul could control the elements.
    I've seen nothing confirming that. I think it far more likely that the Lich King's frost powers come from... oh, you know, Frostmourne. Or the fact that the original Lich King being trapped in the frozen throne. Rather than some "holdover" from Ner'zhul.

There is no more bolvar
    I've never heard any source claiming the Lich king absorbed Bolvar.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Why does it have to affect gameplay at all? I said it could be entirely cosmetic.

Not really relevant.

I've seen nothing confirming that. I think it far more likely that the Lich King's frost powers come from... oh, you know, Frostmourne. Or the fact that the original Lich King being trapped in the frozen throne. Rather than some "holdover" from Ner'zhul.

I've never heard any source claiming the Lich king absorbed Bolvar.
    Your ideas are based on a fake leak being parroted around do yeah

Fyi whoever wears the helm of domination looses his consciousness to the lich king.end of story

The only real thing we are getting is more races as dks that's all no fire just silly idea based on a fake 4chan leak get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

... I'm sorry what was your point again?
    Dont forget the emberwyrm in northrend, flying aroudn the dragon tower, that place, whatever its all called again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your ideas are based on a fake leak being parroted around do yeah
    No, they're not. Can you point to an instance of what I posted being predicated upon these leaks?

You'll find it difficult, considering that I never read whatever leak you're alluding to.

Fyi whoever wears the helm of domination looses his consciousness to the lich king.end of story
    Nope. Arthas became the dominant personality of the Lich king after mentally defeating Ner'zhul, as detailed in the Arthas novel.

The only real thing we are getting is more races as dks that's all no fire just silly idea based on a fake 4chan leak get over it
    You're not even remotely talking about what I'm talking about; are you sure you're not responding to a different poster?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Though it would be strange after all these years to suddenly get a fire themed spec with a DK, I would not mind that. Though I would not go the route of "Hellfire" with Fel flames. I would rather take the "charred corpses" and cinders as suggested by someone in this thread. The current Lich King is one, even though he was not killed by the fire. I think, it's a pretty horrifying thing to have a smoldering corpse coming to get you.

No, they're not. Can you point to an instance of what I posted being predicated upon these leaks?

You'll find it difficult, considering that I never read whatever leak you're alluding to.

Nope. Arthas became the dominant personality of the Lich king after mentally defeating Ner'zhul, as detailed in the Arthas novel.

You're not even remotely talking about what I'm talking about; are you sure you're not responding to a different poster?
    News flash for you we are getting more races for dks go on wowhead and check for yourself

There is no fire dks

10+ Year Old Account
    News flash for you we are getting more races for dks go on wowhead and check for yourself

There is no fire dks
    That has fuck all to do with anything I'm talking about.

Again, are you just making up stuff?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

That has fuck all to do with anything I'm talking about.

Again, are you just making up stuff?
    I'm not the one talking about fire dks here

Maybe you can't read but let me repeat it

Dks will get access to more races and they get a new starting video along with a fiery looking sword hence the whole fire dks idea

The op made the thread based on a video that got released a few days ago based solely to n speculation and fake leaks

Do there you go

No fire dks