Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    They literally said that Kyrians either become spirit healers or Val'kyrs
    Quote your source. We saw a valkyr being made in Uthgard Pinnacle dungeon in Wrath. Created by the Lich King from a Vrykul named Svala Sorrowgrave.

Again in Legion we saw the light version being created in the Halls of Valor, and prior to that, had a whole quest chain in the village that explained how one ascends to become a light valkyr...
    Last edited by Nomads; 2019-11-10 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, better dental plan at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Quote your source. We saw a valkyr being made in Uthgard Pinnacle dungeon in Wrath. Created by the Lich King from a Vrykul named Svala Sorrowgrave.

Again in Legion we saw the light version being created in the Halls of Valor, and prior to that, had a whole quest chain in the village that explained how one ascends to become a light valkyr...
    They said it in one of the presentations.

The Lich King making Val'kyrs is most likely because he drew upon the powers of the Shadowlands. Same as Odyn.

The Lich King making Val'kyrs is most likely because he drew upon the powers of the Shadowlands. Same as Odyn.
    That's what I thought. You have no idea what you're talking about, and instead of being mature enough to admit it, you double down on chosen ignorance.

Kyrians are not Valkyrs. Look it up and stop spreading ignorance.

You should look at the character creation screen.
    Oh my god not again.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    as i explained to you, they are shadowmoon voidweavers. not priests.

they're priests due to gameplay, lorewise they do NOT use the light.

however, i am somewhat wrong. whether or not this is just a product of random spawning or intentional, there are orc priests in service to shattrath in the shadowlabs dungeon.
    Just give up. I had a guy not understanding the difference between gameplay and lore.

You can't do anything. I suggest you don't even try to explain to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I missed that. I thought they said that the souls who are sent to Bastion gradually transform into kyrian through monastic service and repeated purification. The other sapient races of the Shadowlands (venthyr, night fae, etc.) are created the same way, evolving from souls of the deceased gradually through the unique processes of the different realms.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Do Kyrians retain their previous life memories?
    It's not perfectly clear. They must "release their burdens" before the aspirant can become a proper kyrian. You help out a few of them deal with their burdens, who of course get released in the form of shadowy monsters. It's unclear whether that means they abandon everything about their former identity, but it makes sense for them to try forget who they were to better serve the machine of death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Losing yourself and becoming one of these things sounds like a different variation of hell to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Kyrians are forebears to the Valkyr, Spirit Healers, and more." - what's next panel

"The Kyrian Covenant—who are the forebears of the Val’kyr and the Spirit Healers—rule over Bastion. They are messengers, couriers, and some of the purest souls in the Shadowlands."

There you all go.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Losing yourself and becoming one of these things sounds like a different variation of hell to me.
    Where's the anarchist heaven, with booze and parties?

That's what I thought. You have no idea what you're talking about, and instead of being mature enough to admit it, you double down on chosen ignorance.

Kyrians are not Valkyrs. Look it up and stop spreading ignorance.
    At blizzcon they did say Kyrians are the progenitors of Valkyr and that they turn into them when completing their trials of ascension or whatever the process is. I can't find the transcript of the panels so can't give a direct quote but several outlets have reported this (source 1, source 2). So i'd say that his conclusion (although not explicitly confirmed) that Odyn and the LK can create Valkyr through their connections to the shadowlands is correct.

Edit: on their official website blizz directly states "The Kyrian Covenant—who are the forebears of the Val’kyr and the Spirit Healers—rule over Bastion."
    Last edited by Temp1on2; 2019-11-10 at 10:08 AM. Reason: adding a source

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    "Kyrians are forebears to the Valkyr, Spirit Healers, and more." - what's next panel

"The Kyrian Covenant—who are the forebears of the Val’kyr and the Spirit Healers—rule over Bastion. They are messengers, couriers, and some of the purest souls in the Shadowlands."

There you all go.
    Yes, but that does not mean Kyrians turn in Valkyr. It's been confirmed that they can become spirit healers, through other sources, such as the HotS skin, but there's been no mention of a Kyrian turning into a Valkyr, which is a living being, not a dead denizen of the Shadowlands.

All the undead Valkyr were created by the Lich King. We saw him do this with our own eyes in at least once instance. The light Valkyr are ascended Vrykul females who perform rituals and feats of strength and are ascended in the Halls of Valor... not by Odin, but by Eyir.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Spirit Healers all look like ladies to me, so I guess they all end up looking like women? Then again, angelic creatures are known to be hermaphrodites in Catholicism, so I guess it doesn't matter and it's more of an androgynous look.
    Then it's FEMALE HUMAN POTENTIAL D:

Quote Originally Posted by Lelkowski View Post
    After death you get molded with Human Potential
    It only took 2 posts before the totally original and funny meme.

Anyhow, I think, or at least I hope, what they try to do here is talk about how becoming an asecended essentially changes your personality entirely. It would really fit with the Shadowlands theme of it being an alien world.

Sure you might be a noble soul but after you ascend you become some new kind of being, almost disconnected from who you were.

If that's the case, I don't think it really matters what form you take.

Also you can fly so that's pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I very much doubt we will meet garrosh there (though that might also be because he is in another timeline).
    What if he is there though, and we end the expansion with him escaping the Shadowlands to Azeroth in another timeline and set the premise for 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What if he is there though, and we end the expansion with him escaping the Shadowlands to Azeroth in another timeline and set the premise for 10.0.
    Don't even joke about about that.. seriously though, I wonder how they will bring different timelines into the whole thing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Don't even joke about about that.. seriously though, I wonder how they will bring different timelines into the whole thing.
    A bronze dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Maybe I missed that. I thought they said that the souls who are sent to Bastion gradually transform into kyrian through monastic service and repeated purification. The other sapient races of the Shadowlands (venthyr, night fae, etc.) are created the same way, evolving from souls of the deceased gradually through the unique processes of the different realms.
    They said both.

https://youtu.be/-CNyR_F1LTM?t=322

The Kyrian are the forebears of the Val'kyr and the Spirit Healers and more.

https://youtu.be/-CNyR_F1LTM?t=351

And a lot of what goes on in Bastion is meditation, reflection, understanding self through combat and other means to shed those burdens and be ready to ascend to an eternity of service in the afterlife as a Val'kyr or a Spirit Healer or one of a couple of other paths.

Yes, but that does not mean Kyrians turn in Valkyr. It's been confirmed that they can become spirit healers, through other sources, such as the HotS skin, but there's been no mention of a Kyrian turning into a Valkyr, which is a living being, not a dead denizen of the Shadowlands.

All the undead Valkyr were created by the Lich King. We saw him do this with our own eyes in at least once instance. The light Valkyr are ascended Vrykul females who perform rituals and feats of strength and are ascended in the Halls of Valor... not by Odin, but by Eyir.
    It seems you're splitting hairs over 'type' of val'kyr.

Kyrians are the 'original' val'kyr that served as the model for the 'modern' val'kyr that the PCs are familiar with. Odyn, presumably, learned how to create his val'kyr when he looked into the shadowlands and eventually traded his eye, we don't know how the LK learned but, again, presumably through his association with death and proximity to the 'veil'.

I mean what are the criteria for something to be deemed a Val'kyr?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    It seems you're splitting hairs over 'type' of val'kyr.

Kyrians are the 'original' val'kyr that served as the model for the 'modern' val'kyr that the PCs are familiar with. Odyn, presumably, learned how to create his val'kyr when he looked into the shadowlands and eventually traded his eye, we don't know how the LK learned but, again, presumably through his association with death and proximity to the 'veil'.

I mean what are the criteria for something to be deemed a Val'kyr?
    I'm not splitting hairs at all. I'm just taking issue with people saying Kyrians "turn into Val'kyrs" which is not supported by the lore at all. All Val'kyrs have come from the Vrykul.

It seems it all comes from a lack of understanding of what "forebears" means.