Question Rustbolt Rep, Mechagnomes, and H/A Pathfinder Part 2?

Apologies for the question, but trying to save myself some grief here. The specifics are truly difficult to find information on.

I have Pathfinder P1 finished on my Horde toon, and I've been working on the Unshackled slowly.

Mechagon on the other hand is pretty hard for me to stomach, and if I'm going to even bother, I'd much like to unlock Mechagnomes too.

If I complete the Rustbolt Reputation on my Alliance character, that doesn't go towards Pathfinder that I have completed on my Horde character does it?

Would I need to then also gain reputation with the Ankoan? and ditch my Unshackled progress?
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I believe the progress is account-wide, feel free to get Exalted with proper factions on either character or both.

EDIT: I stand corrected, you need the reps on a single character so the Pathfinder achievement can trigger.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2019-11-24 at 06:06 PM.

You’ll need the reps for part 2 on the same character. Since they aren’t actual achievements.

Exalted is an achievement though. In the past a horde character with exalted could unlock the requirements for the alliance races of leigion.
    Not sure if that’s the case now.

Mechagon rep is pretty easy to get especially during world quest bonus week. Depending on how far you got unshackled I would just do part two on alliance to be safe. Revered for unshackled does not take very long.

If you have a human on alliance it’s even easier.
    Last edited by doodle90; 2019-11-24 at 06:09 PM.

As far as I know, you have to do them on one character. I am not 100% sure though. I did mine on the one character just to make sure.

As for Rustbolt rep, it is a LOT easier than Nazjatar. I also really dislike the mechanical aesthetic too.
    If I recall, you get 1 world quest a day that rewards 850 rep. The quests range from pitifully easy (collect 6 chests) to slightly annoying (complete x quests). The key to the zone is to get the jetpack mount. You can find this randomly on the map from the weapons stations, and there is a schematic for it where you can build 3 for a small amount of resources. They last 20 mins each. You can comb the map really fast, do collection quests from the air, look for rares and chests etc. Took me about 1/4 of the time to do Mechagon than Nazjatar (thank god).

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Apologies for the question, but trying to save myself some grief here. The specifics are truly difficult to find information on.

I have Pathfinder P1 finished on my Horde toon, and I've been working on the Unshackled slowly.

Mechagon on the other hand is pretty hard for me to stomach, and if I'm going to even bother, I'd much like to unlock Mechagnomes too.

If I complete the Rustbolt Reputation on my Alliance character, that doesn't go towards Pathfinder that I have completed on my Horde character does it?

Would I need to then also gain reputation with the Ankoan? and ditch my Unshackled progress?
    Both Mechagon and Nazjatar were bad for me, because both are very niche. Mechagon is Timeless Isle 2.0, while Nazjatar is Argus 2.0. First has zero progression and therefore nothing to do for me. Second has great token progression system, but is way too overtuned. Some WQs also have weird design, such as time-gated mob spawning and overused competition with other faction or even griefing. Blizzard shouldn't make such content, if they can't fix faction balance. So - my tactic was to do MINIMAL needed content to progress. On Mechagon it was 850 rep daily quest. While killing rares part was terrible, because I hate exactly that kind of content, i.e. wasting time on pointless riding around this isle, collecting chests was piece of cake. I was doing emissaries only on Nazjatar. Puzzles mostly, because Blizzard have managed to overtune even non-elite mob kill WQs.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    You’ll need the reps for part 2 on the same character. Since they aren’t actual achievements.

Exalted is an achievement though. In the past a horde character with exalted could unlock the requirements for the alliance races of leigion.
    Not sure if that’s the case now.

Mechagon rep is pretty easy to get especially during world quest bonus week. Depending on how far you got unshackled I would just do part two on alliance to be safe. Revered for unshackled does not take very long.

If you have a human on alliance it’s even easier.
    Nope, I did the reps for part 2 on different characters on different factions. It still works.

When they say pathfinder is account wide they mean it.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    As far as I know, you have to do them on one character. I am not 100% sure though. I did mine on the one character just to make sure.

As for Rustbolt rep, it is a LOT easier than Nazjatar. I also really dislike the mechanical aesthetic too.
    If I recall, you get 1 world quest a day that rewards 850 rep. The quests range from pitifully easy (collect 6 chests) to slightly annoying (complete x quests). The key to the zone is to get the jetpack mount. You can find this randomly on the map from the weapons stations, and there is a schematic for it where you can build 3 for a small amount of resources. They last 20 mins each. You can comb the map really fast, do collection quests from the air, look for rares and chests etc. Took me about 1/4 of the time to do Mechagon than Nazjatar (thank god).
    250% this. As soon as I figured out the jetpack was a flying mount Mechagon took no time at all.

But yes, the reputation must be on one character (ALL the reputations must be on one character for pathfinder). The game's only account-wide accounting for reputations is the total number of exalted reps. But for things that want certain reps like pathfinder, it has to all be on the same toon.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Nope, I did the reps for part 2 on different characters on different factions. It still works.

When they say pathfinder is account wide they mean it.
    This would be ideal, and I appreciate your chiming in. Only it's hard to know for sure when there are others reporting the opposite.

So you were able to get Rustbolt on one h/a char and Unshackled/Ankoan on the other (with Pathfinder triggering)? because that's more or less what I'm aiming to do.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I believe the progress is account-wide, feel free to get Exalted with proper factions on either character or both.

EDIT: I stand corrected, you need the reps on a single character so the Pathfinder achievement can trigger.
    I did the reps for part 1 on different characters, would be weird if part 2 didn't work the same way (though it might not work on another faction)

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    This would be ideal, and I appreciate your chiming in. Only it's hard to know for sure when there are others reporting the opposite.

So you were able to get Rustbolt on one h/a char and Unshackled/Ankoan on the other (with Pathfinder triggering)? because that's more or less what I'm aiming to do.
    I did unshackled on my Horde and rustbolt on my Alliance. I was worried about it too: then I checked WoWhead’s pathfinder progress thing, put in the name of my character and sure enough it said it would count. So I finished Mechagon on my Alliance and then next thing I knew, I could fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Let’s stop saying false statements as if they are fact.
    change can't wait.