Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    .You couldn't make your point look right in our previous conversation, and now you’re trying to do same here, with still not understanding difference between PvP and wPvP. Strange person you are. I repeat, your example is still bad, nothing changed since then
    And you, along with Shadowpunkz, continue to display only a beginner level understanding of what real open ended pvp actually looks like.

The first weeks of bfa i cleared the entire worldmap of WQ's on a daily basis in a 5man group. And we killed every horde player in our path. It was fun as hell. Ganking is pretty fun even thou you don't really get any worthwhile rewards.
    But while being on the winning side is fun, the later experiences when doing wq's solo is either to ignore one another or an entirely onesided slaughter of poor allys at the mercy of hordes.

That being said however, i agree that the main draw of warmode is the extra resoruces gained atm. I also dont play warmode because of the pvp, i play it because of the bonus.

I think the bonus to WQ's rewards should be gotten rid off and replaced with an actual reward for doing pvp.

Best idea i got is a daily "kill 25 (or however many fits) players in X zone" and have that reward an emissary like cache. Best would be if this daily also always correlated with the daily assault/invasion. Allowing pvp minded players to hit two birds with one stone and try get their pvp kills and the assault done at the same time.

Now this setup might also bring out many pve'ers aswell because they want the reward, and that is fine, they go there knowing they are there to pvp.
    Everyone there is on the same page particiapting in the same event. As world pvp should be.
    No victims, only players!
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And you, along with Shadowpunkz, continue to display only a beginner level understanding of what real open ended pvp actually looks like.
    Its not "pvp"...is WORLD pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    To bribe people into ganking world PvP by offering PvE bonuses, as well as a slightly more interesting toolkit for your class of choice.
    This person here gets it.

Thankfully, Warmode doesn't increase reputation gains, all the more making it pointless to use.

Purpose is to encourage WPVP and its doing it right.You just didnt have much fun since theres sharding involved.Warmode is still good and pretty much working as intended for everyone else.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    To clarify, I don't enjoy PvP particularly much. I have done a fair deal of it in my day but nowadays I turn to games that I think are better suited for it when I feel like PvP.

Since the release of BFA, I have consistently used warmode. On my server (EU) Alliance has a 25% bonus, which is a colossal benefit in the long run - especially since I plan on rerolling next patch, and therefore AP will remain pertinent.

Despite this bonus, it's pretty rare for me to actually encounter any Horde players, and when I do it's almost always easy to avoid the few who actually try to attack me. Stopping to fight is simply not worthwhile, which I think both I and most of them recognise; the reward for a WPvP kill is tiny unless you do a WPvP quest, and even if I actually do feel like doing Against Overwhelming Odds I just use the group finder to find some crossrealm PvP hotspot (usually Nazjatar or Mechagon), get it done in ten minutes and then get on with my life.

What really made me think was what just happened earlier tonight (it's 3am where I live). I thought I'd get the Zuldazar incursion done before bed, since no one plays at this hour, right? Wrong. I was the only Alliance there, but several Horde gankgroups were camping all the incursion WQs with great determination, and after flying around for a good while I determined that they weren't giving up, so I turned off WM, completed the incursion and called it a night.

And what it all makes me wonder is, what is the point of warmode? Some people tell me that it is crucial, that it is there to compensate WPvPers for their time lost WPvPing - but that is not what I am seeing. Most people are not fighting, and the gankgroups I saw tonight flying around desperately for a kill ever 15-20 minutes can't be having too much fun either (nor does a 25% bonus compensate for those groups completely preventing you from doing WQs at all). A more cynical take would be that warmode's huge bonuses are there to entice people who don't actually want to PvP into making themselves targets for those who do, but even that seems like a paltry reason since it's so very easy to avoid confrontation.

I am starting to feel like warmode needs to be totally overhauled, because as it is, does it even have a point? If you want to WPvP, what do you care about getting 14 extra war resources per WQ? If you don't want to PvP, will getting 23 gold extra per WQ convince you that PvP is suddenly fun? From what I can see, warmode is just an inconvenience, nothing else.

Korrak's is kinda similar in that it's PvP but the huge XP entices a lot of people who just want to level but have no interest in PvP. The result? Tons of AFKers, low actual participation, and people giving up even faster than in normal BGs.
    To get rid of PVP without being forced to pay for character transfer.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The actual intended purpose was to allow players that like wPvP the ability to toggle it on, and those that don’t to turn it off. So, for instance, a person raids with a guild on a PvP server and hates PvP they can turn it off and still play with their friends and guild mates. If a person on a PvE server wants to wPvP they have the same option.
    The bonus was just that, a bonus to make it feel rewarding to those that opt in to a more dangerous play experience. The issue with that is the players that do it for the bonus and then complain about PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    basically to shut up people who joined a pvp server constantly complained and cried about the pvp on it
    OYu griefing and camping players 50 levels blew you is not PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is though. It’s just not what the “noble, idealistic” people define as PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post

Despite this bonus, it's pretty rare for me to actually encounter any Horde players, and when I do it's almost always easy to avoid the few who actually try to attack me. Stopping to fight is simply not worthwhile, which I think both I and most of them recognise; the reward for a WPvP kill is tiny unless you do a WPvP quest, and even if I actually do feel like doing Against Overwhelming Odds I just use the group finder to find some crossrealm PvP hotspot (usually Nazjatar or Mechagon), get it done in ten minutes and then get on with my life.
    I don't know, when and how you tried to pvp, but in the first months, as I worked on getting "The Alliance Slayer" and "Conqueror of Azeroth", there was plenty of pvp going on, and especially the first few weeks of incursions.

Now obviously, the people that had those goals have completed them a long time ago, and as was proven times and times over, fun alone can not strike enough incentive.
    And ultimately, the bonuses to resources and stuff are there to "bribe" some players to keep pvp on so that actual pvp-ers have something to farm.

There is only one reason for warmode..... too many whiny babies ended up on pvp servers with no intent to pvp and cried in the forums over and over and over. If you don't want to pvp, there were pve servers for a reason. If you don't want pvp, don't roll on a pvp server. It really was that simple, but no no no ..... whiny babies.....

I have had warmode on the whole time in BFA, I'm alliance, an afflock (hello melee come kill me already), and played on a server that was damn near 50/50 horde/alli since 2005. I miss pvp servers, the whiny care bears won. I miss my pvp server, I miss a pvp server before multiple servers could shard into a zone and create these crazy unbalanced shards. I miss the shitfest a pvp server could be, I miss the fun and adventure and constantly looking over my shoulder.

Why is warmode a thing? Whiny babies, nothing more nothing less.

Now, all that said, you want to make warmode interesting? Bring back the Wintergrasp buff that was given when you were outnumbered. I don't care much about the extra warmode bonus, it's nice, but doesn't matter much. I rolled on a pvp server, I keep pvp on. But, the 25% bonus or whatever random number we get each week when out numbered..... give me an outnumbered stat bonus if I have to run around getting 4v1 all the damn time because of the shitty faction balance. The lower pop faction should have more than a few % of extra rewards, give me more health and damage for being outnumbered all the damn time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    implying pvp is just that

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Its not "pvp"...is WORLD pvp.
    /facepalm

See? This is exactly what I meant.

You think that saying "world" pvp actually means something different than "open ended" pvp? WoWs world pvp is just ganking. There's nothing more to it. And what's worse is that it's just pvp slapped into a PVE dynamic without thought.

Why do you believe this is good? You're literally advocating a desire for what amounts to killing peasants, "because pvp". For no gain. For no long term victory. Just ganking. Shallow, meaningless greifing.

You want the lowest, weakest, least interesting version of pvp, and you want the entire open world to warp around that.

And you think this is good. And you don't see anything wrong there. Wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's a social engineering exercise. Nothing more, nothing less.
    This is true.

Blizzard is still searching for something that might make casual players want to do PVP. Most everything they've tried has failed because many--perhaps most--players simply don't want it.

Under the old system I was always on PVE or RP realms and would flag up from time to time, especially for city defense (which often was huge fun). But unless you're really in the mood for it it can become quickly annoying and being ganked is one of the worst experiences in the game. That alone puts a lot of people off PVP for good.

Warmode is basically a box. You either climb into it or you don't. And that's fine.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-12-20 at 09:33 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Sadly, flying ruins it every expansion,
    At the very least, they should turn off flying in warmode shards. I agree with that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    /facepalm

See? This is exactly what I meant.

You think that saying "world" pvp actually means something different than "open ended" pvp? WoWs world pvp is just ganking. There's nothing more to it. And what's worse is that it's just pvp slapped into a PVE dynamic without thought.

Why do you believe this is good? You're literally advocating a desire for what amounts to killing peasants, "because pvp". For no gain. For no long term victory. Just ganking. Shallow, meaningless greifing.

You want the lowest, weakest, least interesting version of pvp, and you want the entire open world to warp around that.

And you think this is good. And you don't see anything wrong there. Wtf.
    What im trying to tell you is that WPvP cant be "open-ended" (as you put it) if everyone on the mode is there with the sole-objective to kill other players.
    For it to be "open ended" it needs to be "natural" with people on their natural habitat.
    Natural habitat, like i said before, is people farming and collecting in the world.
    This is the WPvP we grew up with, thats why i like it.

You are asking for everyone on warmode to be there with the sole purpose of killing other players.
    At best you would have good 1v1's with people equipped to their teeth with insane gear and totally ready up and equipped to kill other players.
    This is not natural. The world would become a BATTLEGROUND.

edit: Could you explain how would warmode be in your perfect vision? And have in mind the consequences.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-12-20 at 09:41 AM.

I think warmode is actually a solution to another problem: Blizzard wanted to get rid of server structures in the underlying technology.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    But without incentive there's very little reason to even deliberate about whether you want to opt into it. Seeing as the whole point of Warmode is to get more people involved in W-PvP it seems pretty silly for them to take the wind out of its sails by providing a weak incentive for using it.
    Question is why do you think it necessary to bribe people into wpvp who without those bribes have no interest in it? To have more people use... yeah but those people will only be prey and not interested participating wpvp as such.

Warmode incentives should have been strictly pvp related from the beginning.

So much salt in this thread.

You dont like wpvp ? Go pve mode. You don't like war mode having bonuses but you dont want to have the problems of wpvp ? You're just a spoiled brat.

Don't ruin the fun of people who enjoy this. Seriously, does it annoy you so much to see people actually enjoying something ? Your life is so sad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I guess the issue is, why does warmode have a bonus? Pvp realms never did.
    Because hardly anybody would bother with Warmode otherwise, especially not on the disadvantaged side. (Maybe over the entire playerbase it's fairly even, but seperate server groups can get pretty lopsided...)

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Shadoowpunk
    - snip -
    For quite a long time I thought that misunderstanding was rather connected with some kind of linguistic barrier, but I read and see here, that people actually do understand the essence, and I start to fear that barrier aren't linguistic at all... One of my friends was already trying to explain difference in concepts couple of years ago (11.02.2016), maybe it was somehow messy at that time, but after all, nothing has changed since then, and understanding among people still hasn't been formed
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-09-01 at 08:25 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__